This is our identity (Nagahama Neru x Yonetani Nanami) Ex Taishu November 2016



Intelligence vs Obaka-chan

In Keyakizaka46 program “Keyaki tte, kakenai?” (TV Tokyo) an academic ability test was conducted in April. The 1st and 2nd winner “Neru Yone” will talk about intellectual talks, where we also solo interviewed Obaka team’s oldest member Watanabe Rika. Yup…. there are just too many differences! 

Part 1: Approaching the relationship of the 2 talented women “Intelligent Talk”

Intelligent idols talk about their original method of studying

The two of you are known to be the smartest in Keyakizaka46

Neru “(Waving her hand sideways) Not at all. Yone is smarter than me”

Yone “There you go saying something like that again (laughs)”

An academic test was held in “Keyaki tte, kakenai?” this April, where Nagahama-san and Yonetani-san ranked first and second with 1 point difference.

Yone “At that time, I felt disappointed ranking 2nd. If it was a 20 point difference, I can accept it but it was only 1 point difference”

Nagahama-san won the victory in the finals by pressing the button faster. 

Neru “At first, Yone correctly guessed the 3 questions consecutively, in a pyonpyonpyon manner”

Yone “Pyonpyonpyon… (laughs)”

Neru “I think that Yone is the real winner”

Yone “No no, after that Neru also correctly guessed the answers in a pyonpyonpyon manner (laughs)”

Furukawa the Quiz King also praised Nagahama-san

Neru “Eh~!! I really appreciate it. I always crammed before a test, because normally I’m not the kind that can study. I like quizzes better than studying, I am also more interested in general knowledge.”

Yone “She seems to like it (laughs)”

And what kind of type Yonetani-san is?

Yone “I crammed a lot as an elementary school student, but starting from middle school before a test or examination I would review my study.”

When you were an elementary school student, you stayed in the library a lot of times didn’t you?

Yone “That’s right. It seems like studying had become my hobby so I always stayed in the library and in school”

Neru “That’s amazing~”

Yone “I did have friends, but my homeroom teacher was worried and asked my mom during the parent-child meeting ‘Is she being bullied?’ (laughs)”

You also read a slightly strange book at the library, did you not?

Yone “I read a book titled ‘How to become a witch’”

Neru “What is that!”

Yone “It’s very interesting! It was a thick book, but things like “Put XX in your door enterance to become a witch” but somewhere in the middle it becomes increasingly strange like ‘Sleep with eye make up on to turn into a bear’”

Neru “I want to read it (laughs)”

Nagahama-san, how were you like during your elementary school, middle school age?

Neru “My elementary school days was a normal one. But, there was a time when my older brother and sister had a lot homework but I didn't. I told them ‘I want to do homework as soon as possible!’ (laughs). During middle school I studied very hard, and ranked 1st in my grade for 3 years”

Yone “Eh~!”

Neru “I think halfway through it was because my pride. But when I was in high school, I met a lot of geniuses who can still score high even if they slept in class. ‘Ah, it’s impossible’ I thought.”

Yone “I understand that!! During junior high, the cram school I was at was full of intelligent people. I thought "There are such people in this world. I cannot reach here."

Neru "That’s right."

Do you have a unique way of studying?

Neru "Yes! During the first year of middle school, I would write "Math: From ○ to △" and study but I would think, "Just a little bit more until I can understand it..." I would slowly deviate and go over. In the end, I made a quota system. In the morning, I would make a plan "Page ○ to Page △" and cross it out. "

A businessman-like way of thinking. 

Neru "If didn’t finish my quota,I would answer my exams like I didn’t want to take them.I would study around 14 hours a day before my exams."

Yone "Seriously?! I am not good at planning, anyhow aren’t there parts that you feel like doing. Like "I want to do Math now!" And "Today is for National Language""

Neru "Yes, yes. I understand. (Smiles)"

Yone "Because I want to study while I have those kinds of feelings, once my assignments and minimum tasks are done, I study what I want to."

Wouldn’t you end up doing only those you are good at?

Neru "You are good at all subjects (laughs)?"

Yone "It’s not like that (laughs) I was good at math, but it was also a subject I had to spend the most time on. Since I could also barely do memorization-related subjects, I can memorize from 3 days before but Math is not like that. Neru is more on the liberal arts right?"

Neru "Yes there is also liberal arts but as a commitment,I do not want to leave out minor subjects.  I start memorizing memorization-related subjects around two weeks prior and I cram Health and Economics just before the exams. "

In "Keyakitte Kakenai?", you talked about your love for water fleas (Mijinko).

Yone "Science - it is interesting to solve what I had been wondering about all this time.Like "how will it heal when It get injured"."

Neru "Eeeh that’s amazing. For me, it’s probably English. I like being able to understand the lyrics of Western music"

Yonesan's words that shortened the distance between the two of them

I wanted to ask about the relationship between the two of you. Nagahama-san joined the group late. Initially there was a part of Yonesan that created a wall. 

Yone "Neru has similar circumstances with me. Studying zealously and also being opposed by the parents in entering Keyakizaka46. That is why I thought needlessly about it."

Neru "Yone was able to talk properly with her parents but I was not able to persuade mine. Nevertheless, I was able to enter Keyakizaka46. "

Yonetani-san didn’t know how to interact.

Yone "That’s right. If I was Neru, I think I would hate it if you smiled even though in your heart you are feeling depressed. If that’s the case, I thought that it would be better to leave a little distance"

Did you feel such atmosphere Nagahama-san?

Yone "I think you definitely knew (laughs)."

Neru "I did felt it but there was a little distance between everyone in the beginning."

Yone "However, even though everyone gradually became close to Neru, I kept that distance. I feel like we were the last to become friends."

Neru "Indeed. The thing I remember most is I was with Yone in the acting team in the Omotenashi Kai in January of this year. During the lesson at that time... "

Yone “Eh? I wonder”

Neru “There was the time when the other 5 left to go out to buy meal so Yone and I who didn’t go were alone together in a room (laughs)”

Yone “That happened (laughs)”

Neru “Because the atmosphere became heavy, I started doing muscle training by myself (laughs)”

Yone “She did (laughs)”

Neru “‘I have something to do’ I appealed (laughs)”

Yone “‘She suddenly started doing muscle training, I guess she’s that kind of person’ is what I thought that time (laughs). You did a pretty good job too”

Neru “The other 5 were taking their time to come back, so I got sweaty from doing muscle training like sit ups and squats with various patterns (laughs)”

How did the two of you started talking?

Yone “It was right before the omotenashikai, right?”

Neru “That’s right, there was going to be a guerilla handshake event but that was the first time I appeared in front of Keyakizaka46 fans, so I got very nervous and cried in the dressing room. At that time, someone tapped my back and say ‘Good luck!’. I turned back wondering who it could be, it was Yone. That time I burst into tears and hugged you, right?”

Yone “Yup, I was sobbing too at that time. I was thinking that I should talk to you so I thought ‘It’s now or never!’. When I said, ‘Good luck!’ I too cried  from relief”

Neru “There was another. I was alone with Yone in a room when she suddenly called me… right?”

Yone “I told her, ‘I’m sorry’ (they are holding hands)”

Neru “Even thought we were already able to talk with each other, she surprised me by saying that in a serious way. I wonder what I said in return?”

Yone “I think it’s something like ‘It’s okay’ ‘Don’t mind it!’. I don’t feel right to be friends with you after building a wall, so I wanted to properly apologize to you.”

That was serious

Yone “I always want to apologize, but there wasn’t really a time where it was only the two of us. Finally, I could say it to her that time.”

Neru “We talked about our problems a lot, I started to spoil Yone like she’s my little sister. I am very thankful”

When you noticed that you have become friends with each other, is there is any gap you noticed from each other?

Neru “Yone is a reliable person but she loves artists like an otaku and she won’t stop talking about manga”

Yone “That’s quite true (laughs). I am the type of person who once likes a certain work,  I will stick it inside my head. Moreover, I will start talking excitedly when someone says ‘XX is very good’. Suzumoto is that type of person too. It becomes big when the two of us find something in common and starts talking about it (laughs)”

Then where is Nagahama-san’s gap?

Neru “I wonder what”

Yone “Airheadedness”

Neru “Oi! (laughs) I thought you are going to say ‘Basically, she’s reliable’!”

Yone “Ahahahaha”

Neru “Well, yesterday I got scolded by the teacher for forgetting to wear my school uniform’s ribbon”

Yone “Neru sent me a LINE saying ‘I forgot to wear my ribbon’”

In “Tokuyama Daigoro dare ga kotoshitaka?” there was a scene where Nagahama-san suspected Yonetani-san, right?

Yone “I laughed a lot during the rehearsal (laughs)”

Neru “Right (laughs)! There is a scene where I say “This might be the right time to unmask her” while looking around as I say “Right, Yone-san?”, I see her looking at me while smirking.”

Yone “That’s wrong! Everyone is cruel to me too! When I am in the camera, everyone laughs in turn! (laughs)”

Nagahama-san was eerie but fascinating in that drama.

Neru “A lot of people told me that I am scary during the handshake event. That’s not what I meant to do”

Yone “That means your acting is good”

Neru “Eh, really?”

That’s right!

Neru “I am happy that I could be a different person in the drama. Right?”

Yone “Yup. It was fun. Even now we are still getting acting lessons.”

Neru “They call in experienced people to teach us”

Do the 2 of you feel like you wanted to be an actor in the future?

Neru “I don’t feel like that. It’s just that acting is fun and I want to become better. Rather than saying boldly ‘I want to do what I can do so i’m doing it!’, I’m saying it quietly”

Yone “Fufufufufu. What?”

Neru “I want to spread many seeds, and try everything”

Yone “I also have that kind of interest, so I want to try it”

Finally, what do you expect from 3rd single?

Yone “It feels like it’s going to be something cute. Am I wrong?”

Neru “There’s Fuyuka, so maybe ballad”

Yone “That’s good, it got the Christmas feeling”

Neru “(Suzumoto) Miyu said she wanted to do a ballad with ballerina-like dances, so I think that’s good too. But I’d like to sing a song that brings excitement during a live like ‘Oi! Oi!’. Ah, I can’t wait!”

PROFILE

Yonetani Nanami
Born 24th February 2000, from Osaka. An intelligent girl who can balance idol activities and studying. Nickname is ‘Yonesan’ or ‘Yonemin’

Nagahama Neru
Born 4th September 1998, from Nagasaki. Her parents opposed her audition, making her step out of the final audition, but she joined later. Currently, in a concurrent position with Keyakizaka46 and Hiragana Keyakizaka46

---

Translation QC too much idea & ariadne32391
Raw not our scan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1