Just As It Is (Kobayashi Yui blt graph. vol.25 November 2017)

A slightly sad expression and dignity.
Even if it got wet in the rain, or blown away by the wind, she will not lose her “identity”. But, it seems like there is a desire “to change” inside her….


Just As It Is




Have you ever thought about what kind of ideal self do you want to become?


Kobayashi: “I wonder… I think that ‘I have to change bad sides of me”.


And what are those like?


Kobayashi: “When i review my performances, I feel like I can do more. I feel like my performance with “Kaze ni Fukaretemo” is still lacking. I feel like I can do better, I want to strive towards my peak performance. But when I think about it I started to think “No, you can’t force yourself like that”. And then I thought that it’d be great if I can dance like in the Fukyouwaon of the final day of the (national) tour but I immediately told myself, “This song is not that explosive” and I would tend to stop.”


Do you talk about that to other members?


Kobayashi: “No… I don’t really talk about my own performance. But I do talk about the overall performance of the group”.


Actually, I've always wanted to ask Kobayashi Yui herself what it means to her to be in Keyakizaka46.


Kobayashi: Ehh!? … Hm… Recently I’ve been playing Keyaki no Kiseki (Keyakizaka46’s first game application) and there are a lot of members’ stories in it. Like why they took the audition, or what kind of things happened to them inside the group, those kinds of stories are revealed one by one. While playing the game, I thought “Ah, there’s not really much of my story”. I normally entered, and indifferently did all my activities. “What a weird story, even if it’s not me... “ I ended up thinking. Like, how I am not dramatic (laughs)"


Maybe you look indifferent because you are silently working?


Kobayashi: “Hmm~. Ah, when I think about it, it seems like I’ve always been like this. When I was in junior high school, “she is difficult to talk to” is the kind of aura I had. But… I really want to become good at speaking. Since I don’t speak a lot, it’s hard for me to find the right words to express myself right away when I do want to say something, so even though I’m able to answer, it takes a long time. When I heard (Nagahama) Neru’s story there were times when I thought “Oh~ that’s what I wanted to say!” when she just uses a single word, and it really impressed me. That’s why I want to improve my vocabulary."


Do you want other people to understand you?


Kobayashi: "Yes… But when it comes to talking, I don’t want to join into meaningless conversations. In the dressing room, when I hear members talking about “Whatever thing from so-and-so place is delicious!”, and if I’m not interested in that, I can’t enter their circle. That’s why I’m quiet in the dressing room. "


I see. So, what kind of things have you been thinking about lately?


Kobayashi: "Well… the things that make me feel really childish are thoughts like “Why did it turn out this way?” or “Why couldn’t I have done things this way?”. Those kind of things. If I could think more positively, I could be more adult-like. "


Not just talking about the Kaze ni Fukaretemo lyrics, but is it possible for you think like, “That’s the way” ?


Kobayashi: "That’s right (laughs). From what I had experienced, I think there has always been a side of me that thinks like ‘Let’s seize something’. But, when I think about it and thought that I’m unable to do so, I could only feel frustration. If you continue doing what you can’t until you can, then there will be no hardship. People have told me that “You are stoic”, but I’ve never thought about myself like that."


In the eyes of that Kobayashi-san, what does she see in center, Hirate Yurina?


Kobayashi: “Hirate, when she wanted to express something, she is absorbed by the world and doesn’t care about how people looked at her. In Kaze ni Fukaretemo, there are dance moves that are corny, I think it’s amazing that Hirate was able to do it without feeling embarrassed at all. She has a broad range of expressions depending on the song, and that honestly made me envious."


She’s been the center since Keyakizaka46 was formed, by any means, do you want to stand there someday?


Kobayashi: "Eh~ I think it might be impossible for me; but position probably isn’t really something that I’ve been fixated on since a long time ago. During “Fukyouwaon”, the feeling of worrying about what position a member would stand disappeared. We just wanted to perform and bring out the ‘view of the world’ of the song. That’s why no matter where I stand, I just do what I can do for the sake of conveying the songs."


Kobayashi Yui

Kobayashi Yui was born on 23rd October 1999 in Saitama. A Libra with blood type A, she returned to the front row in Keyakizaka46’s 5th single “Kaze ni Fukaretemo”, her first time since being front row for their debut single “Silent Majority”. She’s a talented woman, with a complete set of strengths in the big three areas of singing, dancing, and musical performance. The unique opening paragraph she uses to begin her blogs is something she is reputed for, and it also speaks to her literary talent.




-----




Raw 欅坂46小林由依應援團 @weibo

Translator toomuchidea

QC EiresReyva, Kennichi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1