Nagahama Neru, the only person who has experienced both Kanji and Hiragana Keyakizaka46 (Oricon Web 20th June 2018)

“Kanji Keyakizaka46” and “Hiragana Keyakizaka46” are different beings entirely. What are the differences between them?




―― Initially, was there a lot of pressure when you entered Keyakizaka46 alone?


I heard that Hiragana Keyakizaka46 would be created on my first recording for Keyaki tte Kakenai?. Worried, I was thinking of things like “What kind of group will it become?” or “I’m alone right now but does that mean new members will join later?”. The situation at that time was really like “nothing”, so I kept thinking “What should i do?”


―― I think that there are still many people in the general public who think that Hiragana is Kanji’s under group. Please tell us the concept of Hiragana Keyakizaka46.

Regarding the concept, everyone (in Hiragana 1st gen) was also troubled by it. “What kind of group are we?” Should we show a different image from Kanji Keyakizaka46? Or maybe because we are from the same group, we should have a similar image? We struggled, but we made it ourselves. One song, two songs, three songs… as we undertook those, they became brighter and more poppy. Steeping in those songs, little by little we came to take on the role of those that shine with cuteness, feminine choreography that is full of smiles, and songs that bring excitement.

In a live, Kanji Keyakizaka46 perform songs that are cool and carry a strong message, and in “succession” Hiragana brings forth a bright atmosphere that makes you smile. In Hiragana Keyakizaka we call it “Happy Aura”, and we are making it our motto.


――That aside, what else do you think differentiates the two groups?


As individuals, nobody changed. Everyone has their own different aspects. Our songs are choreographed by Takahiro-sensei, a dancer, who taught us to perform with a great emphasis on communicating the lyrics. Kanji Keyakizaka46 have a lot of songs that sympathize with the feelings when you hit a wall or hesitate in life. There are a lot of cool songs with strong messages and sometimes we don’t laugh in order to better portray the songs. Hiragana Keyakizaka46 have a lot of encouraging songs and love songs, so when performed it is just natural that we started smiling. But i think the important thing is the same, “To convey the world view of the song.”


―― Down to the core, both groups want to express the worldview of the song. Does this give the two groups a relationship that enhances each other?


That’s right. When i see Hiragana Keyakizaka46’s success right now, I am honestly very happy. I was only with them halfway, but I am very happy to see them working job after job together, releasing an album, and touring. Kanji members also say “Hiragana Keyakizaka46 are amazing, so we have to work hard too!” We push each other to be better. It’s a little bit different from a rival, but we are friends who bring the best out of each other. From now on too, I want the two of us to work hard together!


The day when her mother took her home “I never regretted it”




―― I heard that Nagahama-san was taken home by your mother to Nagasaki before you joined Keyakizaka


It was because my mother worried so much. She still worries for me now, but she also supports me. I have become a little more adult and she still reaches out to help me with my stresses and challenges. That time was truly my first experience, applying for audition and going to Tokyo alone, so I didn’t refuse when she said “I’m taking you home”. Maybe I realized something, maybe I had given up. Because I was walking on a rail that I had always imagined, I thought “This must be God’s way of saying I should go back to how life was before.”


―― But because you cried about it, your parents decided to do something for you instead right?


That’s right. They supported me, my father and mother came to watch live performances and become fans. My father kindly sends me texts every day. My mother is not the kind to force education on her children, but thinks about their well-being first. Now that I’m in Tokyo, I’ve really come to be grateful and appreciative for the happy environment that I grew up in.


―― Which road do you think is the correct one now?


I think that this road is definitely the correct one. I’ve never regretted it one bit.


Pressure on acting as Center



―― Then, what did you feel when your full membership to Kanji Keyakizaka46 was announced?


Both Kanji and Hiragana were getting jobs, everyone was steadily progressing, and then there were tours too. I was worried that my presence in either group was becoming detracting. When I couldn’t participate in lesson, the formation would become complicated because it was missing a person, because it was created for everyone… Since I became a full time Kanji member, in good faith I want to do my best for Kanji Keyakizaka46.


―― With Hirate Yurina away, are the performances different after all?


It’s always best with everyone, including Hirate. If there is one member not present, it doesn’t feel like it clicks. But even if it doesn’t feel perfect, we can’t give up on giving a good performance. I still want to deliver something good to those who have come to watch. So everyone’s feelings become stronger!


―― Since Hirate-san is on break, everyone’s consciousness has become “Let’s show them!” Is that the kind of challenge you’ve all taken on?


That’s right. Hirate is the youngest but, how much responsibility and pressure did she carry on her back? Once again I realized how much we relied on her. I was allowed to become the center of SakamichiAKB (AKB48 Group, Nogizaka46, Keyakizaka46) once, and I felt lonely beyond necessity… I thought about what the people around me were thinking and worried about not being good enough for my role more than necessary. Hirate has become the center on all the singles so far, and since she created the current image of Kanji Keyakizaka46, I truly respect her.

Returning to "Hiragana Keyakizaka46" for one day only at Tanabata Live




―― What is the charm of Hiragana Keyakizaka46, who are releasing an album on 20th June?

When you see their variety, they are very interesting. There are a lot of members who like to talk and make things fun! There are different varieties for songs and units so you can look forward for that, and I really want you to see their live performances. They are fantastic productions and they development like you’re reading a fairy tale.


―― Nagahama-san's first starring drama "Good bye Tanabata, see you again someday" will be broadcasting on July 7th and 14th (NihonTV). In relation to that, "LIVE MONSTER LIVE 2018" will be held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba on July 7, with "Keyakizaka46 LIVE Tanabata SP Guest Nagahama Naru (Kanji Keyakizaka46) ~ One Night Only Reunion ~." It seems that you will be returning "for just one day" to Hiragana Keyakizaka46.

I often talk with Hiragana members too, and we decided “it’d be great if we can dance together”. But we have decided to go on different roads, so there was a feeling that “we won’t be able to dance together that easily”. It made me happy to have the opportunity to dance together again in Tanabata. I even did a high touch with the members (laughs).

---------------------

source

Translation: toomuchidea
QC: SeiEri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1