Oda Nana from Laurier web: About her first acting experience & what she thinks of members

Keyakizaka46’s Oda Nana confessing her passion for her first movie and feelings to members♡



I’m happy that i could act!


Her previous drama experience was with other Keyakizaka46 members (Tokudare, ZnK), but this is the first time she tried a full acting experience, and more over she is doing this alone without other members from her group-- And to this Oda-san said that it was “nerve wrecking”. However, she have a strong desire to act, and was very happy when her role is decided.

I got very happy knowing that i can act. Because i always act together with my group, i am happy with the chance to do it alone, there are anxiousness but i thought that i want to do my best. Because i’m a shy person i felt a bit lonely at the shooting location, but starting from co-star, Sakurai Atsuko-san, everyone are kind to me. Moreover, i’m happy that we are shooting it in my hometown (Hamamatsu in Shizuoka). The director was Toyoshima Keisuke who i worked with in Tokudare, so i could face the challenge with ease.”


Sakurai Atsuko is acting as a 46 years old career woman who has a family, who time slipped to the past and meet her high school self, Mari (Oda Nana). The Mari in high school is a bright, straight forward girl who expresses her feelings honestly, while holding anxiety about the future.


When i read the script, i found myself able to sympathize despite already being 19 years old. When i was in high school, like Mari, i also thought about things like “What will become of my future?” “What kind of person do i want to be?”, now i worked as an idol but i never expected myself to enter this world. I admired and the was a feeling of wanting to do the same, but i thought that reality is not as sweet (laughs). Mari is a clumsy girl, but she is the type that when she made up her mind to do something, she will do it right away. Her impulsiveness is similar to myself. There are parts of her characters that are created as i talked with the director, but there are things that are not written in the script like why i fall in love with Yamada-kun, who i confessed to.



Mari quickly accepted the fact that there is her who come from the future, but that is something that is very shocking, right?


That’s right (laughs). But i think that she felt something the moment they meet each other. Because it’s unrealistic, i talked to the director whether she felt something that time.

The place filled with first acting experience


Although her experience are still small, and there are a lot of times where she is confused on scene, Oda-san satisfactorily talks about being able to learn many things from her surroundings.



First, the director told me put feelings into it, i thought that it’s going to be hard to do, but when i started acting with Sakurai-san, my feelings naturally started to become one with Mari. But in my first rehearsal, i couldn’t break my shell and act hesitantly, the director told me that they can’t shoot like this. I thought about how strict he was, but i also made up my mind like “I can’t go on like this, it’s frustrating!”. That was my first time acting again after a while, and this time i’m alone, and i’m also embarrassed… I was totally helpless, but i was helped by many people around me, i then able to pour out my feelings, and then i was able to straightforwardly feel what Mari must’ve felt.


How was it like co-starring with Sakurai-san?


Since i’ve been acting with members all this time, this is my first time acting with an actress, i thought that ‘This is the real acting’ and it inspired me. Her voice was clear, filled with emotions, it truly moved me. We shot the movie at winter, and it was so cold you could see or nose turning red on the movie, but that time Sakurai-san was working hard with me, so i thought that i have to do my best too and managed to overcome it.


Mari also did a confession scene, i thought that that she was cute.


It made me happy how when i acted the confession scene i feel that my heart are pounding, but then he straightforwardly rejected me, it pierced my heart. It felt like a pseudo experience (laughs). That was my first experience doing so, at first too i thought about what expression should i show during a love confession, but i thought that i should straightforwardly expressed what i felt at the time.


By the way, if Mari cried out her broken heart, what will Oda-san do?


I think i would talk to my friends. Then i think they will tell me comforting words. I usually consult to other members, but that time they would listen to me and the gracefully give back to me (laughs). But there are times when i feel that those feel just right. The member i usually consult to is Nagasawa Nanako. She listens to anything so i thought that she’ll listen about a broken heart too (laughs).

Members are family! The secret of getting well by understanding each other


For this activity, Oda-san who usually worked with members had to work alone. Once again, how does she see the members? And we received a message from Oda-san who are now working as an idol that she dreamed of.


What do you see the members as?


Since we are always together, there is a strong family-like feeling. Rather than being feminine we have more members that are like, easy going, and it made me feel at ease. However, since it's a group with 21 girls, it's hard to agree on something together, and it's only natural to have different opinions. That's why while accepting everyone else's opinion, we also said what we have in mind so that we can understand each other


If you meet “future me” like Mari did, what will you do?


If i can, i don't want to meet her. I can’t imagine what myself will become in the future, i didn’t even expect myself to be like this 3 years ago when i entered Keyakizaka46, i don’t know what life has in store for me. I want to feel that excitement and thrill.



Then, if you can return to the past, what will you tell the past you?


Back when i was in middle school and high school, i didn’t think about the future. I only thought about “Will i still be alive?” at most. What i imagined was me was idling at home, and living dependent on my mother, i think i want to tell me “It’s okay. You are living alone in Tokyo. You can do it”



Then, what do you want to tell people who are worried about their future right now?

I think it’s better to have various experience. Love, study, part time jobs too, participating in events and other things, by experiencing various things, i hope that you can find what you really want to do. Although i am currently working like this, it’s not easy to apply for an audition. I think it’s better if you try something even if you just have the smallest interest, and greedily try various things. By doing so, i think that you’ll be able to slowly reach your dream.



~~~

Super shot self care section after this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Translation: toomuchidea


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1