Our Revolutionary (Hirate Yurina x Imaizumi Yui BUBKA December 2016)

The cat like refined Hirate Yurina and the dog like affectionate Imaizumi Yui appeared in BUBKA for their first pair gravure. The premonition that the future of the idol world will revolve around this combination ... They really conveyed their overwhelming sense of disbelief to us!




I want you to help me


―― Today, let’s have a fun conversation while eating the snacks you bought during the photoshoot

Both: O~kay!

Imaizumi  Tecchan, what do you want to eat?

―― Seems like you call Hirate-san “Tecchan”

Imaizumi Only starting from today (laughs)

Hirate That’s right (laughs). Until now you called me “Hirachi”

Imaizumi It’s fine isn’t it? It’s cute

―― In the gravure, the setting is that the two of you are at the same age.

If the two of you really met as classmates, what kind of relationship would you have?

Hirate I think we wouldn’t talk to each other.

Imaizumi No way!?

Hirate Because we can’t start a conversation.

Imaizumi Oh that’s what you mean. It feels like we would get along naturally if we
were seated close together though.

Hirate Yeah. Maybe there would be chances to start conversations like,
“Can you lend me your pencil?”

Imaizumi But it’s because you are similar to me. Back then, I used to be alone in the
dressing room too.

Hirate Ah, that reminds me, we sat close to each other during the third audition, didn’t we?

Imaizumi We did! There was someone sitting between us.

Hirate That time I had no idea what to do so I thought I should just follow you.

Imaizumi So that’s why (laughs). My first impression of you was “A quiet child” and
“her eyes are big and round!”

Hirate Me?

Imaizumi Yeah. Your hair was short, right?

Hirate Do you remember when our eyes met as we are waiting in a huge dressing room?

Imaizumi I remember that.

Hirate But i got embarrassed so i turned my face away (laughs). The auditions
were embarrassing, right? The moment I entered the room, everyone looked at me.

Imaizumi Seems like it happened to everyone. It happened to me too. “What do they think of me right now?” I thought.

Hirate Someone else I remembered from the audition was Fuuchan (Saito Fuyuka)

Imaizumi She kept taking pictures and making noise, right?

Hirate There’s that too, but on the last day of the audition, when i went to the toilet, i heard her saying the herself “I want to pass!” (laughs). I thought that she really want to get accepted.

Imaizumi So there was such an impression. I didn’t know about that, so my impression of her was that of a “noisy person.” (laughs)

―― Sugai Yuuka-san said that too. “I want to concentrate but she was noisy” (laughs)

Hirate My impression of her was from her talking to herself.

Imaizumi At the press conference after we passed, Tecchan was next to me. You said “But i’m a 2nd year middle schooler” five times, didn’t you?

Hirate I said something like that? I don’t remember?

Imaizumi You did!

Hirate Maybe that time I wanted someone to save me. Since it was decided that I would be answering questions during the press conference, I wanted someone to help me.

Imaizumi I see. That time, only 4 of us spoke, right?

Hirate I was nervous before the interview and when i said “What should i do…” Imaizumi said “It’s fine just to give honest answers”.

Imaizumi That’s right!

Hirate That’s why I straight up said “I’m nervous, but since i passed i will do my best”

Imaizumi Yeah, i remember that.




Their after school


―― If the two of you were attending a co-ed school, what would it be like? Previously,
when I talked with Imaizumi-san and Uemura Rina-san, Uemura-san said “If there was a girl like
Imaizumi in the class, she’d be popular with all the boys!”

Hirate I wonder? She might be so cute that she’d be hard to talk to. That or because Imaizumi is the type that likes to be alone.

Imaizumi I spend a lot of time alone.

Hirate Because you have this aura about you that says, “Don’t talk to me!”

Imaizumi Eh, no way!? I actually want people to talk to me though! I’m always messing around in the dressing room aren’t i?

Hirate Now you are. But before, you would wear earphones and seemed to be in low spirits.

Imaizumi Back then… that’s true (laughs)

Hirate Now you and Suzumoto (Miyu) are the rowdiest

Imaizumi Our natural characters gradually came out.

Hirate But back in the earphone wearing era, boys would have had a hard time talking to you right? Even if a boy mustered up the courage to try to talk to you, you wouldn’t even give them any reaction so they would give up (laughs).

Imaizumi  That’s probably right. I was the type that was always on edge at school after all.

Hirate I’m rather shy too so I didn’t really talk at school.

Imaizumi Me too, I didn’t have anyone to play with after school. It made me think “I need to do something!” Did you ever feel that way?

Hirate Eh? When i got home, i did my homework right away.

Imaizumi Amazing! Such a good kid!

Hirate After that, I’d take the dog out for a walk then eat dinner. That’s the kind of life I had.

Imaizumi I wasn’t in any school clubs either, and because I really thought that I should do something, it lead to something like doing part time jobs.

―― Who seems like she’s going to be popular in Keyakizaka46?

Hirate Yone (Yonetani Nanami)!

Imaizumi Ah, i see.

Hirate She’s bright and always smiling. Then maybe Ozeki Rika.

Imaizumi (Harada) Aoi-chan too!

Hirate I get that!

Imaizumi But don’t you think that the one who will be the most popular is Oda Nana?

Hirate  Doesn’t Oda Nana feel like she’s going to be teased instead? (laughs)

Imaizumi I see (laughs)



Dog and Cat


―― In a fictional set up by the Editorial department, “Hirate-san = Cat, Imaizumi-san = Dog”.
It’s personality wise, like for example, Hirate-san won’t try to flatter anyone.

Both: I see

―― And you’re also cautious.

Hirate Ah!

Imaizumi And she doesn’t really seek affection.

Hirate I do, though only sometimes.

Imaizumi Sometimes she would come over to me while saying “Imaizumi~!”but it’s like once a month (laughs)

―― Meanwhile Imaizumi-san wags her tail; she has this friendly feeling about her.

Hirate Imaizumi always has this “You can come at any time~” feeling

Imaizumi I’d go to them myself. I like to stick close to make up artists and the staff

because i want to talk.

―― She likes to be spoiled just like the youngest child.

Imaizumi Perharps. I like older people. Members won’t spoil me (laughs)

Hirate During the filming for Katamirai MV, you kept running around in the large

dressing room, didn’t you?

Imaizumi Like a dog (laughs). Saying things like “Let’s play tag!”

―― Imaizumi-san felt like a professional at first, but now it’s clear that she’s actually an idiot...

Imaizumi Yep!

Hirate  You’re an idiot, right! (laughs)

Imaizumi Yeah (laughs)

Hirate But there are times when i feel like she’s such a pro. Even when she’s feeling down, she’s always smiling in front of fans. I think that way of switching is amazing.

Imaizumi Eh, so you thought of me like that!

Hirate  I need to follow your example

Imaizumi Hehehe~! (With a face full of smile)

―― So you have that sort of consciousness there.

Imaizumi  Yes. If i feel like i’m not cheerful, then i feel like i’m going to lose.

―― But, isn’t Hirate-san herself also good at switching emotions?

Hirate It’s totally different from Imaizumi. Performance wise, we have wonderful songs, and we as the performer need to perform it properly.

―― If not, fans won’t be happy. But i think that the two of you have an innocent smile. Hirate-san is often asked to show a cool expression, but in reality you are someone capable of showing a nice smile.

Hirate I prefer the Saimajo type! Imaizumi fits the smiling image more than i do!

Imaizumi Maybe, but i like Tecchan’s smile!

Hirate No!

Imaizumi Really! Her (eyebrows) will crumple up! I like that!

Hirate No! (Flashing a smile)

Imaizumi Look! That. It really look like you are laughing.

Hirate Ah-- No! It becomes like this!

―― Seeing Hirate-san’s smile, i can really tell that she’s having fun.

Imaizumi Exactly! That’s why i want to make her laugh! Though she won’t laugh at what i say...

Hirate Hahaha (laughs). Because the other time you said “It’s my birthday, congratulate me!” while i was having make up. I said “Ah, congratulations…” then she showed a doll she received from someone and said “Look!” It made me want to tease her so i said “That’s cute, let me borrow it” then i threw it way back behind me (laughs)

Imaizumi That happened!

Hirate Then she chased after it like a dog (laughs)

Imaizumi  Speaking of birthdays, last year Tecchan gave me a mechanical pencil, right?

Hirate Ah! That’s right!

Imaizumi I still use it even now. But, it really surprised me. We don’t talk that much but you suddenly gifted it and said “Because it’s your birthday”

Hirate Do you want us to be friends?

Imaizumi Maybe~! So?

Hirate Okay...

Imaizumi So!? So?

Hirate I don’t know how to answer these kinds of things (laughs). That’s why in return, i become cold.

Imaizumi Because she’s cold, somehow it made me want to get closer to her even more. Maybe i’m a Masochist? Or a Sadist?

Hirate S、S、S!

―― You two might be very compatible

Imaizumi You mean like if we get married it might go well?

Hirate No way no way no way! Don’t wanna don’t wanna don’t wanna (laughs). I would leave home at once!

Imaizumi I’ll stop you! I’ll follow you!

―― You really are a dog (laughs)


Someday, once again


―― I’m changing the topic, but it seems that before the senbatsu selection, Imaizumi-san would always see a certain dream. Please tell me in detail

Imaizumi I saw it twice before the 1st and 2nd senbatsu selection. Which member will be standing in what position… It appeared that clearly in my dream. I was thinking whether i will see one before 3rd, and i did!

―― That’s amazing!

Hirate She reported that she’s seeing that kind of dream.

Imaizumi To several people. In my dream, Tecchan stood in 0 position (Center). It’s pretty accurate, so i got scared.

―― And about the 3rd single senbatsu...

Imaizumi It’s surprising to see 7 members in the front row!

Hirate Yeah! And 4 people came from the 3rd row.

Imaizumi Yeah.

Hirate I’m a little anxious. For me, the impression of Suzumoto (Miyu) and Imaizumi’s performance from our debut single is too strong; singing, speaking ability, everything. It puts me at ease to have the two of you with me. The reason why i can be an accomplished Center is because the two of you.

―― Imaizumi-san is in the 2nd row for the 3rd single, correct?

Imaizumi Yes. At first, i was surprised. But to be frank, it made me happy that 3rd row members could step forward! That’s why i don’t feel much regret.

Hirate The atmosphere during the announcement was not so heavy this time. Actually, we all laughed.

―― What happened?

Hirate If you see the aired episode you will understand, but Shiichan (Sato Shiori)...

Imaizumi She said “I’m so surprised i feel like my jaw is going to drop” (laughs). That’s why everyone laughed.

―― That happened! But, this time Hirate-san is Center again. How do you feel about it?

Hirate I didn’t cry. I do feel anxious, but if i say “What do I do? I’m anxious” then the 3rd row members in the front row will become anxious as well, so i can’t say negative things. Instead, i have to work hard.

Imaizumi That’s right. Although my position is further back, i don’t think that it’s a lower position. This time, i will support the members in the front. Then, i’ll return to front again! Next to Tecchan!

Hirate You said that many times before, right! It makes me happy! I may be the current Center but i want the next Center to have fun. I want to fully support her. Enjoying life is better.”

Imaizumi Exactly! But, isn’t it difficult to imagine a different Center than Tecchan? The image of Tecchan as center has become too strong.

Hirate No, no. All the members of Keyakizaka46 are great. Imaizumi can sing and dance, and be a natural airhead at the same time.

Imaizumi Airhead?

Hirate Yeah. Airheadness is important too (laughs)

Imaizumi Looking at recordings of our live, i think that Tecchan is really different. The way of showing… Like, the strength of expression is different. That’s why, it’s still a long ways away for me… But, in any case, i’d like to climb up to the Center position.

Hirate When you do, i’ll fully support you!

―― Becoming a Center again, does Hirate-san feel more pressured rather than being able to enjoy it?

Hirate That’s right. The first time i felt like i was having fun is when we were performing in The Music Day in the summer and sang Nogizaka46-san’s “Kikkake”. I didn’t know it could be that fun to perform from the side of the 3rd row!

―― That means you are released from the burdens on your shoulders.

Imaizumi Moving to the 2nd row also lifted the weight off my shoulders. I might be able to show a new me.

―― Have the two of you had serious conversations with each other?

Hirate Yes. Like exchanging texts into the middle of the night?

Imaizumi Yes. Around the time when you became Centre for the 1st single.

Hirate Imaizumi sent me a long message. She said, “I’ll support you, so let’s do our best together”

―― Isn’t that a nice story! I will continue to pay attention to the relationship between you two in the future!

----

Raw: keyakimatome @ tumblr
Translation: toomuchidea
QC: SeiEri

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1