Shunkan Playboy 28th January 2019 Yamasaki Ten's solo interview

This is what an idol looks like? Looks scary

―― Just like the 1st gen 4 years ago who took their first photoshoot with Shunkan Playboy, this time it’s the 2nd gen’s first photoshoot location as well! How was it?

Ten: I have little experience with photoshoots, but this time i got the chance to take shots in various pattern. There are many costumes, it was free and fun. It was the first time I wear high heels, it feels fresh and new! …. Although there a lot of times i feel like I will lose my balance  (laughs)

―― “The youngest member in Sakamichi Group” sounds youthful! The Sakamichi Joint Group Audition has a special prize that each media could award a person to, and the girl selected by media could appear in that media...

Ten: Thank you very much!

―― That’s why this is a solo interview of Yamasaki san, whom we choose for the “ShuPlay Award”! First of all, “Ten / 天” is quite an unusual name, right?

Ten: Yeah it is. I have never met someone else with the same name. It seems that my parents named me this with the spirit of “Whatever it may be, we wish that you aim for the top"

―― “Aim for the top” . Could it be that your parents are strict?

Ten: No, not at all. They are the “Do whatever you like” type. I’ve done many things like taking landscape painting and English conversation lessons, having table tennis and softball as my club activity. But i’m not athletic, and other than English listening i am bad with the rest… (laughs). In the same way, I took the audition without my parents opposing it.

―― I see. Do you originally like idols?

Ten: When i was in the lower grade of elementary school, i really liked AKB48. I sang their songs every day. But as i grew older, slowly my interest with idols died out, or rather… I feel like my personality had changed.

―― Your personality?

Ten: When i was a child, i liked cute things. Like frilly skirts and Precure. But somehow, about 3 or 4 years ago i become boyish. I didn't wear any skirts at all, and most of the time i only wear sportswears. During break and after school i played football in the yard. I stopped watching Precure, and i dislike how the color of my school bag is pink (laughs)

―― And with that change, your interest with idol was also gone.

Ten: Yeah, even I myself thought that the degree of my change of heart was amazing.  (laughs).

―― So then why do you take the Sakamichi Joint Audition? Is it because you like Keyakizaka46?

Ten: Yes. I first learned about Keyakizaka46 when i was in 5th grade of elementary. A friend showed me Silent Majority MV with their phone. That time i thought “They are idols? Looks scary”, but when I tried to listen to them after a few months, i came to understand the meaning behind the lyrics and thought “They are so cool, this is such a nice song!”

Since then, I became a fan of Keyakizaka46. In my school everyone wore their own private clothes to the graduation ceremony. I imitated my seniors in Kaze ni Fukaretemo MV and wore pant suits.

―― Such adoration! You are such a wonderful fan. But i think that the feeling of “Like” and “Want to enter” is slightly different, so what was the reason you took the audition?

Ten: At the time of my graduation ceremony, in my class there was a time where each of us were to announce what we wanted to do in middle school, i declared “I will decide what i want to do in the future within the 3 years of middle school”.

Then i entered the softball club and really did my best in it, but then i thought “Will i still want to do this in high school?”. Just when i thought “I don’t have anything i want to do in the future”, when i opened my smartphone the audition CM is being played. I thought that it was a time to decide where i want to be, so i applied. When the assignment was decided…. I was really happy.

I think that there are power in words.

―― In the omitatekai in December, Yamasaki-san said “I will lead Keyakizaka46 to the top of idol world!”, listening to you right now i feel that you might be the type that acts your words.

Ten: Maybe (laughs). But i thought that “If i don’t say it, it won’t come true”

―― It’s not something people can usually do. Speaking of declarations, during the audition Showroom you also said that you want to try doing Double Center with Hirate (Yurina)

Ten: I’d like to challenge it someday. I would like to know what “Center” is, something that Hirate-san has been doing up until now. and if i were chosen, i also wonder about what change it will bring to the group. People might think “You are overstepping your bounds”, but i believe that there are power in words. I want to work hard so that the seniors and us 2nd can join our force and have deeper relationship.

―― That’s a good declaration. I thought about it while interviewing you but… Yamasaki-san, you are more dependable than what you normally think 13 years old would be

Ten: No, not at all! I am quite chatty in the dressing room, the other 2nd gen said that i am the noisiest… (bitter smile)

―― Ooo. By the way, what sort of thing you do in dressing room?

Ten: Dancing and singing on my own, clinging to the other members. When i’m not alone and with members, we play around by taking selfies and making weird faces. In 2nd gen right now we are talking about how we look better when making weird faces instead. Just between us, but Morita (Hikaru)’s selfies are the most interesting!

―― Now i am interested in Morita-san’s weird face! (laughs) I see, it’s good that you are friendly with each other. Well then, please say something to the readers!

Ten: As the youngest member in Sakamichi Group, i think, as a human being, i am far more incomplete than anyone else. But i will challenge that with my freshness that won’t lose to anyone else. I’d be happy if you can watch over my process of growing up, and how my skin that was burned from playing softball whitens out (laughs)!


Yamasaki Ten

Born 28th September 2005
Hometown: Osaka
Height: 164cm
Blood type A
She joined Kanji Keyakizaka46 after passing the Sakamichi Joint Audition last summer, becoming one of the group’s first 2nd gen. During the audition, her nickname was Komugi-chan (Wheat-chan), she is the youngest member in Sakamichi group.


Translated by toomuchidea
QC by ariadne32391

source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1