Kobayashi Yui interview with MyNavi (12th March 2019)

Kobayashi Yui, a member of idol group Keyakizaka46, will release her first photobook titled "Kanjou no Kouzu (Composition of Emotions)" (13th March / published by KADOKAWA). Kobayashi Yui served as Center in the 69th Kouhaku Uta Gassen last year, acting as Center on behalf of Hirate Yurina who is taking a rest. She received a great attention from public, it can be said that she have significantly grow through the experience. We asked her about her feelings for Keyakizaka46, and her personal goals.

■ Surprised by the influence of becoming Kouhaku Center


―― You becoming the Center for last year's Kouhaku have become a big topic. I was moved by your powerful performance, but what did you feel when you first heard about it?

It felt "There's no choice but to do it!". There's no other choice but to. Among the people I have met since the change of the year, it have become a bigger topic than I expected. Once again I felt the influence of Kouhaku Uta Gassen. That time I was desperate, so I didn't think about how people will see the performance, but many people told me that it was great, so I'm happy to hear that.

―― You said that you have grown from experiencing (performing in) a big stage, but what did you feel about it?

After experiencing (becoming a) Center, my way of thinking have changed. I think that various parts have changed, such as the amount of passion for the song. When I was not the Center, there is a lot that I did not know know like how much it weighted. But after I experienced it, I learned about what Hirate have always been doing all these time, so now it's completely different.

―― Were you scared?

Yes. But, "Garasu wo Ware!" is a song that is emotional and disheveling. I put my nervousness, pressure, how the people will see (the performance) and such into the song and sang it. So I was glad (to be able to do that).

―― The gap between your dance and performance back then, with your calm attitude right now is amazing (laughs). Do you change by flipping your own switch?

I don't consciously flip it myself. Because when the music flows, I dance it consciously, so I naturally changed.

―― Did you interact with Hirate-san after Kouhaku?

The time we talk about the songs have increased, like about the performance and such, it is great that we are able to talk about them. We also become able to talk about the interpretation of the song, the performance, and as Hirate has always been the one to play the protagonist, we get to talk about "'I' have this kind of feeling, so when I performed the song I also feel this way".

■ If I can become someone who can lead the group


―― With new members entering, I think that the group it self is also in the middle of a change, but what kind of role do you want to be?

Until now, I have always focused in myself. Like, if I cannot do a choreography then I will focus in improving myself in that part. But now with 2nd gen entering, I think it'd be great if I could look at the group as a whole a little more, and become someone who can lead the group. I am not the type that speaks a lot, so I hope that it can be shown through action.

―― What goals do you have as an individual?

Of course, I'd like to the my best in my current activities, but I think that it'd be great if I could also try various things. My experience is still lacking, I still don't know what suits me. It is fun to the modelling activity, and I hope that I can give stage play another challenge in the future.

―― Is there is any role you would like to play?

I wonder if I can still play as a student (laughs). I want to play that role.

―― Is there is anything else you want to do?

I'm not good at speaking, but I found it easy to speak through radio and there are people who praised my voice, so I hope that I can deliver my voice through radio. People often said that it calms them down. I myself wondered if my voice makes them feel sleepy (laughs).

--

translation tmi
source (more pictures!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1