anan no. 2157 Morita Hikaru


“I love Keyakizaka46’s music!” So Morita Hikaru, a 2nd gen member of Keyakizaka46, said with a shine on her big eyes. While she is only about 150cm tall and of petite figure, she is able to give a passionate performance.

“Keyakizaka’s charm is the song’s message and intense dance choreography. I watch the past videos of 1st gen members performance to learn it, but because I love the atmosphere presented I also read 1st gen’s blog and interviews so that I know what they feel about the song. Doing that while watching the videos made me realize various of things, and I feel that I am able to change my own performance.”

She was originally a fan of Keyakizaka. That’s why she feel conflicted about entering the “world” 1st gen members have created… But Hirate (Yurina)-san said ‘I want to hear what everyone think’, and made a place where everyone can speak about what they think of the current Keyakizaka46. That time, she said ‘1st gen or 2nd gen doesn’t matter, we are members of the same group. If you are holding back, we’ll be troubled’. Hearing that, everyone (in 2nd gen) feel moved by it… All their worry disappeared upon hearing such words.

Everyone are one in the group. It is possible because of the passionate guide from senior members.

“Before the 3rd Anniversary live in Spring, there is a time for 1st gen members to teach us about their experiences. Like important point in performing, also the encouraging word of “Give it your all, and face the song with more power than us!”. But there must be some people in the audience who feel awkward of seeing us 2nd gen in the song. I thought ‘Then, in a good sense, I’ll change that awkwardness into a surprise!”, and give it my all during the performance.

On stage, what becomes the “trigger” is their choreographer, Takahiro-sensei’s voice.

“Suppress your emotion in the place where you must, and give it your all in the place where it explode! The “Go!!!” from Takahiro-sensei I heard from the ear monitor flipped my switch. Sensei said that “Pace distribution is important for a live performance”, but I want to dance to the point I fall on stage, to reach out my hand until my shoulder come off. Because I don’t want the camera to take a shot of me in the place where I’m not confident in (laughs). So I always give it my all!” The mental strength Hikaru-san have to be able to quickly recover and switch even after feel down from burnout is her weapon.

“Saying ‘Oh, well!’ is my habit. When I see a video, and see myself making a weird expression, I would say ‘Oh, well!’.”

With a bright smile, she talks about her current complex is my small body, but she’s looking to change it into a strength of hers.

“I want to be able to move like Suzumoto Miyu-san, who able to move dynamically despite having a small body. But I still not giving up in raising my height, though I dislike milk (laughs).”

---

Translation: toomuchidea
QC: Shiro
Raw: weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1