Session 02 (Sugai Yuuka x Yamasaki Ten B.L.T September 2019)



Sugai Yuuka, who is both Keyakizaka46’s Captain and is one of the oldest members. Yamasaki Ten who is the youngest in the group. The two of them are 23 years old and 13 years old respectively, but age may surprisingly not matter. The easy going Yuuka and the dependable Ten-chan, the two of them think of Keyakizaka’s future.




The two of you have exactly a 10-year age gap, right...?

Yuuka “I was surprised when I first learn of Ten-chan’s age. When you speak of Keyaki’s youngest, Techi (Hirate Yurina) comes into mind. It was shocking that Ten-chan, who is much younger age, entered. But it made me happy to hear that she likes Keyaki and it made me feel excited. But there are worries such as whether we will be able to hold conversation, or whether she is in her rebellious period (laughs).”

Ten “Ever since I meet Sugai-san for the first time, I could feel a mysterious comforting feeling from her. Like in between an older sister or a mom… Of course, age-wise she is way too young to be a mom (laughs).”

Yuuka “To tell you the truth, I didn’t feel that I have that much age difference with Ten-chan. She is calmer than I thought, and on the contrary seeing 1st gen members such as (Watanabe) Risa and Suzumoto (Miyu) playing around makes me think that they are more childish. Or maybe it’s just that she hasn’t shown it to me? (laughs) Like in school, how are you like?”

Ten “I think I’m not the playful type. I got sunburn before I entered Keyaki only because I was doing the clubs, but normally I am just quiet  so I think that I’m not the type that stand out.”

What does Sugai-san think of the current 2nd generation?

Yuuka “There is a lot that 2nd generation have helped us with. They liven up the program (Keyaki tte Kakenai?). We can rely on how unfaltered they are, especially Ten-chan. Before the 3rd Anniversary Live, they asked “Let us, 2nd generation appear too” in front of everyone. During that time, I thought that they are the kind of people who speak out their mind. In that sense, they are a presence that brings a new wind into the group.”

Ten “I thought that we 2nd generation will not join the Anniversary Live. Before I entered Keyaki, just like that time, I am not the type of person who speaks her thought. I have never told my family my true feelings too.”

Yuuka “What about now? You are able to speak your mind?”

Ten “Maybe so… I feel that now I am able to put my thoughts into words. The past me used to lie to myself and pretend not to care about what I bothered me. But somewhere inside I regretted it, and the feeling of not wanting to feel regretful again changed me. What about Sugai-san?”

Yuuka “Lately, I became able to speak more than before. But before I entered Keyaki I couldn’t say it at all. I only thought about what other people may think. But I think that I slowly changed. I was in a position to say something and I started not to give a thought about whether I will be disliked or not for it. But I have my family and cat with me. If I was living alone, I may be feel so lonely that my heart break from it… Ten-chan, don't you feel lonely? I’m a little bit worried.”

Ten “I’m fine. I rarely call them first. I talked to them only if they call me first. I shared my room with my sisters so I admire living alone in a single room. And so I feel at ease with the present setting, because at home I don’t have to think about my surroundings.”

Yuuka “Ten-chan’s way of speaking feel so mature, it doesn’t feel that we have a 10-year age gap (laughs). Can you wake up in the morning when you need to?”

Ten “Yes, I woke up 2 hours before the meeting time. It takes time to prepare, so I can’t just wake up and get it done right away. That’s why….”

Yuuka “Amazing! If I have 2 more hours to spend in the morning I would spend it sleeping.”

Each of you feel comfortable with your way of living. I think that right now the group is undergoing change, do you feel that?

Yuuka "I feel it when 2nd generation members filled in the position of graduated members. What I did with (Shida) Manaka before, now I do with Matsuda Rina-chan, and it made me think "Ah, it's different now.'' But rather than feeling lonely, it feels that a new interpretation is born. There is a big expectation. 
Of course, the memories of the initial "21 members" is important, but that doesn't mean we are gonna freeze in place.  There might be instances where we made the people supporting us worried but even then, they still like us so this summer, I'd like us to strengthen the group and make them think 'As I thought, I really like this group'.

Ten "I think that the thoughts the senior have put into song and performance is really cool. So I'd like to carry the same feelings during each and every live performance"

Aside from work, what else do you want to do this summer?

Ten "I want to try living in an uninhabited island."

Yuuka "Eh~ Why?"

Ten "Won't you feel free?"

Yuuka "There will be a lot of bugs. You don't like bugs, right? (laughs)"

Ten "... Ah, cancel that then~"

Yuuka "I wonder how Ten will be when she becomes an adult (20 years old). Not just her, but me and Keyaki too."

Ten "I want Sugai-san and the other seniors to stay until I become an adult."

Yuuka "Eh, I'd be in my thirties. Will that be okay?"

Ten "Yes. Let's stay together."

-----

Translated by toomuchidea
QC by ariadne32391
Raw @ weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1