Hirate Yurina x Watanabe Risa Interview (nonno December 2019)



Q&A part

The distance that shrunk because thrill rides


Today, the two of you are away from the group and are doing a photoshoot on your own. Is this something unusual?


Risa: Actually, 3 years ago, before I became a Nonno model, we appeared together in the magazine. It’s probably the last we had photoshoot together, just the two of us!


Hirate: Yeah, that’s right.


Risa: I can see that Hirate is having fun today, and that makes me happy.


Hirate: Fufu, It was fun (laughs)


From the atmosphere of the photoshoot tonight, we can see how close you are. Like how the two of you have been in contact with each other, or going out together. What was the reason that made you close with each other?


Risa: Truth is we went not only to Disneyland but also to USJ. I think it’s starting from that time that we kept in contact with each other


Hirate: Yeah, I think so


Risa: Hirate went to USJ many times before and she said “There’s an attraction I want to recommend to you” and so we went. Uh, it was the one that goes around, what was it again?


Hirate: Eh, what was it?


Could it be “Space Fantasy - The Ride”? (laughs)


Hirate: Ah, that’s it. We both like thrill rides, so I wanted her to try too.


Risa: Then we wore a matching headband and sunglasses


Hirate: Fufufu, the one with Snoopy’s ear


Did you take a lot of pictures?


Hirate: Speaking of which, we didn’t take any


Risa: That’s right, we don’t even have one!


Hirate: We had so much fun… We forgot about taking pictures (laughs)


Since the two of you went to play from Tokyo to USJ in Osaka, it felt like a mini trip, huh? What sort of conversations did the two of you have onboard the Shinkansen?


Hirate: What did we talk about? But we talked all the way, right?


Risa: We talked about the songs and concerts, even private ones


Hirate: Something like “Do you watch drama?”


By spending time together, did the two of you find something new about each other?


Risa: Yeah! Hirate was the one who bought the Shinkansen ticket!


Hirate: Yeah, I did (Manager and staff show their surprise) Eh, why?


Risa: Of course they would be surprised. I was feeling anxious too at first. Like, can she manage to properly buy the ticket or not


Hirate: No way, I can buy you know. I might be naive and don't know much about the world…. But at least that much I am able to do! 

When she turns 20, I’d like us to go have a conversation with a drink in one hand


We have heard about your episodes of closeness, can we also hear about the time when you two first meet?


Hirate: Do you remember when we first meet?


Risa: I think it was during the first audition. We should be at the same venue… But I don’t remember at all. Like “Where were we again?” kind of feeling


Then, do you remember the day when you two first exchanged conversation?


Risa: I only remember as far back as the 2nd single, “Sekai ni wa Ai shika inai”. We are positioned close to each other, and we shared a lot of screen time in “Tokuyama Daigoro wa dare ga koroshita ka?” too


Hirate: I think that was the time when we properly talk to each other. Ah…. Fufu (laughs from remembering something)


Risa: Eh, what happen?


Hirate: It was a memory from our early days. During a photoshoot, maybe for the CD cover, Risa got called and I remember seeing Risa ran out from the dressing room with all her might (laughs)


Risa: The oldest memory of Hirate I have is when I thought “She’s a precocious child”. That time she was just 14 years old, and everyone is older than her. The older girls were spoiling her… That time you come wearing clothes with floral pattern and such, right? (laughs)


Hirate: Yeah, I did. I thought I should do my best to keep up with everyone


Risa: The feeling of her growing tall is very cute. Fufufu, how nostalgic


You met 4 years ago, but have you ever thought, “She has changed”?


Hirate: Both Risa and I grew taller


Risa: It’s 2cm for me, for Hirate it’s 4~5cm. Before I realized, her line of sight has become almost the same as mine. I could really feel how Hirate grown from “a girl” into “a woman”. But on the inside, she’s still the same. I think that her personality is just the same as it was. She’s always pure, sensitive and honest. Yeah, I don’t think there is any change.


Hirate: I see. I don’t know a lot about myself. But Risa doesn’t change too. In a good way, Risa is always Risa, “doesn’t change”


Risa: Right now, I’m really looking forward to the time when the growing Hirate turns 20 years old. I want to see it as soon as possible


Hirate: Me too. When I reach 20, let’s go have a chat over a drink


Risa: It feels like we are going to drink a lot (laughs)


Hirate: I thought the same (laughs)


Something that I can’t see even though we have become friends, Hirate Yurina’s “sense of living”


Speaking of which, despite being closer, is there is a “sense of mystery” that grows deeper?


Risa: Like what she does after she gets home, I can't see her private life at all


Hirate: Fufu, people often say that


Risa: Things like taking a bath, I can’t imagine it. Not anything dirty!!! It’s just that I don’t have any idea of how she lives!!


Hahahahahaha!!! And what does Hirate do once you get home?


Hirate: Eh~! Just normal


Risa: Do you take off your shoes, enter the house and wash your hands?


Hirate: Yeah, I do. I enter the bath, use the bathtub to wash away the sweat too (laughs). There’s a lot of other things I do during the day that’s not related to work. It feels like all I do is sleep.


Risa: This is just my selfish thought but… Her room seems to be dirty


Hirate: No way~!


Risa: It’s either very clean or a dirty one, it’s between the two


Hirate: I’m quite the clean freak. Everyday I have it rolled (with adhesive tape roller).By the way, it’s not totally empty. There’s even a table. There’s also a microwave and a rice cooker


Risa: I’m glad to hear that (laughs)


Speaking of which, the two of you are quite similar. Your pace in speaking and your atmosphere too, even what you dislike is the same


Risa: But I’m an impatient person. It doesn’t appear at times like this, but I like to lessen the time that I waste, like exchanging train so quickly.


Hirate: I wonder what about me. Am I impatient? (When asking the staff, they said “She’s impatient. If there is something she is interested in, she would ask many times to make sure”) Really? Sorry!


Risa: (Staff added “The way the two of them shows their coolness is also similar”) I think that we are “A lion at home and a mouse outside”. During the Nonno’s photoshoot, I thought that I’m pretty similar to a cat (laughs)


It’d be great if I can be the place she can show her true face and take a breather


And lastly, because you two are friends there are things that you know about each other. Please tell us about each other’s “true face”. What does Hirate-san think of “Watanabe Risa”?


Hirate: I wonder what. Maybe a person who takes time to open her heart. I’m like that too, but I thought that Risa is the same


Risa: Keyakizaka46 has a lot of shy people, and among them I think the two of us takes the longest time


And how does Watanabe-san see “Hirate Yurina”?


Risa: She’s actually likes to be spoiled. I feel that there is a part of her that likes to cling


Hirate: Fufufufu


Risa: She doesn't usually show it and that's what makes it super cute… If I could give you one of Hirate’s weaknesses, it would be how she doesn't show that part of her. How she works too hard on her own. It’d be great if she can rely on the members more


While she actually wants to be spoiled, she works hard on her own without relying on anyone, that sounds really tough.


Risa: Yeah, I really think so. That’s why inside of me, there is a desire to create a place where she can take a breather. Hirate always does her best as at the center of the group as Center. I’m sure that there is a lot of time where she feels like she's at her limit and tired. If there is a place where she can release all that, I think Hirate will have it easier


By the way, is there is any member you go out with on private like this?


Hirate: I don’t go out a lot so…


Risa: Fufufu
Hirate: Eh~ But I wonder if I’m clingy? (laughs)


Risa: It’s because you never genuinely come to be spoiled. Even if you want people to notice you, you won’t say it aloud, right? (laughs)


Hirate: Yeah, I can't. There is certainly that side of me


Risa: That’s why everyone around you wants to spoil you ♡ Eh, I wonder if that's not "Clingy” but more like “I want to cling on her”?


If someone who understands you is by your side, it feels encouraging, right?


Hirate: Fufu, I wonder what should I say. Yeah, I’m really happy


------------------

translation toomuchidea
QC ariadne32391
raw @ weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1