Ozeki Rika Interview (UTB+49)

From “Ozeki-Style”, to “cute Ozeki”, then “beautiful Ozeki”. The girl who has plenty of topics. She turned 22 years old this October. That being said, she reveals herself naturally. The theme this time is “Natural Adult Oze-chan!”

2019 was a year filled with doing live performances. I would like 2020 be the year where I would grow as a person.


Ozeki-Chan, you turned 22 years old this October. Generally it’s the age to graduate from University and become a working adult, right?

It is. Because I’ve taken all classes and credits needed for graduation, now I only go to university occasionally, meeting my classmates and juniors, and also getting a consultation for my future.

I see. Ozeki-chan’s career plan is already been decided, eh? (laughs)

What decided is just that  my graduation thesis’ theme is about Keyakizaka46. Listening to my friends talking about “I don’t know what I want to do”, I feel thankful that I can do what I want to do. Because the scenario of being entrusted as an adult is going to increase, I think I have to even more proper/dependable.

From now on, as an adult, specifically do you have something that you want to learn/do?

Recently, I’ve secretly wanted to go a manner class. For example there are scenes when I have to do gourmet report  like in “Keyakake”, because of it I think it would be nice if my manner looks good during that time.

But, the disappearance of the indispensable “Ozeki-Style” on variety show will make me lonely. (laughs)

It is only recently I realize because variety show like Keyakake feels “at home”, surrounded by the people who know me, and compared to me when I appeared on a TV program as a guest. The other day I was allowed to appear on “Miracle9”, but because the image shown was “Keyakizaka46’s Ozeki” rather than “Ozeki Rika”, I have to appeal to people what kind of person I am and make myself easier to be bullied.

I see. Wouldn’t you think that the Ozeki-san who only just started Keyake will be surprised to see the difference with Ozeki-san who appeared in Miracle9?

Certainly. My consciousness has extremely changed, my view may also expand. In that sense, I’m happy if I can grow.

What kind of year is 2019 for Ozeki-san?

In a single word, “live performance”. It feels like doing live performance is all we do. The annual Anniversary Live performance that took place in Osaka and Tokyo, Keyaki Republic, and the Nationwide Tour until finally Tokyo Dome.

Two years ago before the nationwide tour, Ozeki-san said that you had a poor awareness of live performance.

It became fun when I overcome the first national tour. But at that time I couldn’t imagine that I’d be selected for Up to Boy’s Gravure work for the reason that “her performance on Keyaki Republic was impressive.''

That means you have become an adult, and steadily grow yourself. Lastly, please share your thoughts on 2020.

I won’t be a part of the senbatsu in the next single, but my #1 goal is to be selected as one in the next single. Now, personally I have a radio job. Because it is a chance, firstly I want to work harder there, and improve myself everyday so that it’ll be okay when I get called for work anywhere.

----

Translated by subject18
QC by toomuchidea
Raw @ weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1