Koike Minami Interview with Cyzo


Popular Keyakizaka46 member appearing on screen! Her first movie role is unexpectedly in a slapstick film!?

The 1st generation member of highly popular idol group Keyakizaka46 is well-versed in Showa music, but is she up to date with current trends?

A surprise crossing between Keyakizaka46 member and a “slapstick film.”Debuting as a 1st generation member, Koike Minami also features in her solo photobook, “Bottled Youth”(Gentousha) which was released in September of this year.

Interviewer: Koike Minami has been casted as Yoshida Terumi’s assistant personality on the daily radio show “The Hit Studio” since 2017, and now in January of next year she’ll be playing as Yoshida’s granddaughter in the nationally released film “Robber Man,”directed by Kawasaki Minoru, in which Yoshida Terumi plays the starring role.

Miichan: Since our usual relationship on radio is that of a grandfather and granddaughter, the role felt very easy to play. I was nervous about radio at the start as well, but working with Terumi-san now is comfort for the heart.

Interviewer: From hearing her talk about her co-stars other than Yoshida, she seems to have a special interest in Itou Shirou, who appears in the climax of the film.

Miichan: Itou-san has a line in the drama “Clouds Above the Hill”(2009, NHK), “Haste makes waste, slow and steady wins the race.”I like that line so much that I’ve made it my favorite motto. I’ve watched that drama over again countless times, so it’s led me to love other works starring Itou-san as well. I was honestly so happy that I was able to act in a movie with him.

Interviewer: “Robaman”(lit. DonkeyMan) is a hero film with special effects that have a Showa-era vibe to them in some ways. As a 21 year old, it’s an aesthetic you’d expectedly be confused by, but on the contrary, she's quite familiar with Showa-era music and 80s idols thanks to the influence of her parents. However in that same vein, she talked about having difficulty with current trends.

Miichan: Whenever I get in touch with the other members (of Keyakizaka46), there’s a lot of terminology I’m not familiar with. One time someone sent me “Ma?” over LINE… do you know what it means? I was told it’s a shorthand for “Maji?”(tn: same as saying “Really??” to confirm something and express surprise) I’m really not up to date on the latest stuff, so whenever I don’t understand the meaning I end up asking LINE Clova. (tn: virtual assistant on LINE)

Interviewer: Lastly, when asked what role she’d like to attempt, her answer for this was one typical of a girl who loves Showa culture.

Miichan: I’ve always wanted to play a “Cool Villain,” but I’ve had particular interest in playing the leader of a gang of female delinquents. Like one that wears a long skirt and carries a bamboo sword. I hope I’m able to do that someday.

---

Translated by fuyupz
QC by toomuchidea
Raw @ weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1