Hirate Yurina Interview from VOGUE JAPAN 20th Anniversary Visual Book



Hirate Yurina, who have led Keyakizaka46 as the group's outstanding Center announced her sudden withdrawal in January 2020. About one month have passed since that shocking announcement. We are posting the full text of her interview for VOGUE JAPAN 20th Anniversary Visual Book when she was still in the group. She strongly and honestly talk about what she think as a member of Keyakizaka46 and personal thoughts. (...)

To cherish the things in front of me everyday, to spend everyday without a lie.


The interview took place in 15th September 2019. Just short before the Final Performance of Summer National Tour in Tokyo Dome. She appeared wearing her own clothes, covering her whole body in black, looking straight ahead with big eyes that seemingly about to fall. From both her appearance and the words she spoken, there is a strong force in her transientness. I can understand her overwhelming presence, that have stirred the imagination of many creators. 

When I ask what her profession is, she simply answered "A student". She said, "When I'm at the hospital, it's what I write in the profession column".... The roles and positions given by the public may not be meaningful to her. For the girl who said she gives her best to live day by day, how does the current Hirate Yurina sees the world right now?

── What is important for you, Hirate-san?

The team (that I work with to) create work. I'm shy, and I can't just get along with anyone, but there is a desire to do something for those I trust. To be honest, I feel pressured every day. But, I'm just doing what's in front of me one by one for the people around me.

── What is your current personal interest?

Going to museums and seeing artworks. Recently I have been interested in it, I'm just looking at things I'm interested in regardless of their genre. It'd be great if it can deepen, and become a source of creative inspiration.

── Do you have time to go?

I just have to make time for it (laughs).

── Do you have awareness of your position and burden as "the next generation"?

No. I personally don't think that I am that kind of person. I'm just living by cherishing what's in front of me and my every day.

── Is there is anyone from the same generation that inspire you?

Previously, I had conversation with kabuki actor Ichikawa Somegoro-san in a magazine project. I was very inspired, the activity of people who are from the same generation as me interest me, perhaps you can say that it have become my moral support. After the talk, I was able to watch his kabuki stage, I thought it's good to have one show as a stage play. It was the moment a new feeling born inside of me.

── What is your core values, Hirate-san?

I don't know if it counts as one, but "to be honest". I don't usually have any particular awareness, so I wonder if my axis is over there.

── Is there is anything that you'd like to do in the future?

It's just going to be a repeat, but in any case, I'm just giving my best for the everyday things in front of me. As a group, and as an individual.

--


Translation: toomuchidea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1