TV Life August 2020 & Weekly The Television March/April 2020 Interview


Weekly The Television March / April 2020

Image

Formed in 2015 as the 2nd group of the “Sakamichi Series”, they made a striking debut with “Silent Majority” in April 2016, and their documentary movie “Our Lies and Truth: Documentary of Keyakizaka46” will be released soon.

In this work, recorded footage since their debut will tell the truth of what happened to them, and latest interviews will cut out “the present” Keyakizaka46. In addition, the story of Hirate Yurina who served as Center until the 8th single, who withdrew in January will also be touched upon.

Kobayashi: Since there is no opportunity to show behind the scenes of our activity, I thought it would be a good opportunity to know about scenes like our MV recording and such.

Watanabe: There was an opportunity for me to talk about things I never said before in interviews and such, and I wondered if there is something that could be conveyed more by watching the videos never made public before.

The movie begins with the scenes of them going around CD stores just before their debut.

Kobayashi: It was impressive that the store made such a grand display, it made me really happy.

Watanabe: Seeing our CDs lined up in the store made me realize that we are really debuting.

Kobayashi: The freshness of not knowing the time of our debut too (laughs). Now there are members who have different characters, so I think that you will be able to see those parts too.

It will show how ever since their 1st single, they are unlike every other existing idols, who have grown as a one of a kind existence.

Kobayashi: I’ve come to treasure what Keyakizaka46 is conveying, and as we are conveying it through songs, I thought that our Keyakizaka46-likeness came through.

Watanabe: It makes me happy to be told “I like your unidol-likeness”. It would make me truly happy if we have become that sort of presence to someone.

There will also be footage from the Tokyo Dome performance last September. You can also enjoy Hirate Yurina’s masterful performance.

Watanabe: I think there is no doubt that Hirate was the one who produced and established Keyakizaka46’s cool image.

Kobayashi: She became the face of Keyakizaka46, while being under pressure as the youngest (among 1st generation members).

Watanabe: She has exceptional expressive ability that I respect. We thought that there are many songs that have a heavy atmosphere, and we felt that it would be difficult for her to continue expressing them, so we wanted to create an environment where she could easily do her role as Center.

Kobayashi: And under the pressure of being the Center, she had to do her best to express the atmosphere of the song, and she had to continue doing that a number of times during live performance.

Watanabe: She has been doing it since 2nd grade of middle school, I have nothing but gratitude.

And last, they talk about what left the most impression in the 4 years of activity.

Kobayashi: “Shibuya Stream” has been built on the construction site where we recorded “Saimajo” MV, we performed there after the completion of the building. That time I thought we had really grown with the building, and deeply moved.

Watanabe: How we were given the chance to stand on Tokyo Dome is really big for me. Thinking that I have performed in such a big place have also become my source of confidence.

-------

TV Life August 2020


Image

TL (TV Life): What did you feel when you heard that you are getting a documentary movie?

Yuuka: A thankful feeling that finally, Keyakizaka is having a documentary movie as well. But we are also a group that has never really shown our behind the scene, so I feel a little bit excited about how people are going to take it.

Risa: I also feel afraid about having it being seen by many people, but I look forward to how people are going to respond to it. If by combining the parts they have already seen and the parts that we are about to show them, they can come to support us even more, we’d be happy by that.

Aoi: If someone asked whether in our activities so far, we have always been able to give 100% the same performance, there are times where we are unable to. To be honest, I feel anxious about having that part come out to the public. But it’d be great if it could become a work that reaches the hearts of people who watched it.

Koike: I think the fans’s ways of seeing Keyakizaka might change by watching this movie. I think that there have been various misunderstandings and speculations, and I wondered if that could be solved. I look forward to that as well.

Moriya: While I feel happy that we could leave something in the form of a work, there is also the feeling of anxiousness. But there is also live performance footage that has never been released before, so I hope that people can come to watch it. I think that like our songs so far, the movie will also have some shocking parts.

Kobayashi: I think that fans have questions, such as “What did she feel when she stood on the stage that time?”. I think that we will be able to answer that with this, so I hope that they could come to like Keyakizaka even more after watching the movie.

TL: I think that this movie will also touch on Hirate Yurina quite a lot. Please tell us how she has influenced you.

Yuuka: She has a straightforward attitude toward work inside her, she always has this feeling of purely wanting to convey a good result since the beginning. No matter what situation she is in, she will give her best on what she can do, and create work without making a compromise. I respect that figure of her, and I’d like to continue cherishing what she has taught me. Everyone said that “Hirate cannot be replaced by anyone”, and every member also thought the same. Hirate, who was the youngest of us, was amazing. I think that she really is the kind of person you don’t easily meet.

Risa: In MV locations or live performances, to even places that people don’t see, she has a very particular commitment. She would never compromise, and I truly learn about her sincere attitude about work or how to face each other. My feelings have also changed to  thinking about how great it will be if we could deliver music that could be conveyed to those who are watching and those who are supporting us.

Aoi: I respect her attitude of pursuing various things, and simply put, she has an amazing expressive power. On the other hand, when I returned from my hiatus, she said “Thank you for coming back”. She also has the kindness to say words that please people. I thought that she had taught me about many things.

Koike: She was the person whom I talked a lot with about many of my thoughts, including tough ones. If there are any members who, feeling-wise, couldn’t move forward, she would comfort them. We went out for a meal together before, she is very kind. I think that I should follow her example, and properly look at my surroundings.

Moriya: I felt that she always aimed for high places, and I have learned from her various things such as creative imagination and expressive power. There are a lot of times on stage where I watch her diagonally behind her, but I have learned things such as how to show and make facial expressions while dancing.

Kobayashi: When we talk together, what Hirate thinks the most about is the group. She aims for bigger things, so much that what I feel troubled with feels so small. It made me happy that she wanted to realize that dream with everyone, and I felt that I want to respond to that feeling. She was a very big presence.

~ Stories from before debut ~

Harada: Everyday we practice until our debut, not knowing how great it felt to stand on the stage. The feeling was that to work hard with what’s in front of us, in any case.

Yuuka: Everyone just turned into an idol from just a student, so things like events and live performances are all new experiences for us. There are difficult times, but it was fun and full of hope.

Risa: There are many people who came to our pre-debut live performances. Right now there are places that I could enjoy, but back then I was nervous, and was desperate to get a grips with it.

Kobayashi: I felt very moved by how many people supported me in our first handshake event. I understood that it is me who has come to meet them, and thought that I should do my best.

Moriya: There was no time to relax, I can only think about dancing without making a mistake. Also, I have no experience of working part-time, so handing out flyers was really fun.

Koike: When I moved to Tokyo, a sense of responsibility grew within me. But that time, I don’t really have a relationship with members like right now, where I can consult them about anything. Looking back now, it was not a waste.

---

Translation: toomuchidea
Raw @ weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1