Morita Hikaru interview with Graduation2020

発売中の「graduation2020高校卒業」に森田ひかるの撮り下ろし写真と ...

After school time spell



This book contains people who are graduating from high school this spring. 
Before I entered Keyaki, I had read Kobayashi (Yui) san’s issue (released in March ’18), so I knew about this. I didn’t think that I, myself, would be able to appear so I’m very happy.

By the way, this is the same school that was used for Kobayashi-san’s photoshoot, did you realise (laughs)?
Eh!? I didn’t know……

For the photoshoot it was a sailor uniform, but what uniform did you wear at the school you attended?
It was blazers. That’s why when I wear sailor uniforms I get excited. In middle school it was the opposite, we wore sailor uniforms, so I used to think it would be nice to wear blazers (laughs).

By the way, in what style did Morita-san wear her uniform?
Completely normally. My skirt was also not particularly short. I tried to not stand out as much as possible.

Is that so. Moving on, what are some things you can remember from your high school life?
I didn’t really like school so nothing really comes to mind but……for me personally, the time spent listening to music while going to and from school was fun. Just like that, while listening to “Futari Sezon” or other Keyaki songs, feeling the scenery shifting according to the seasons was something that I liked.

I see. Then, if you were to pick a song that you would want to listen to during winter to spring?
Well, “Futari Sezon” fits well too, “Getsuyoubi no Asa, Skirt wo Kirareta” was a song I listened to a lot while walking to school.

If Morita-san was to pick a “spring song” from the band that she likes listening to, Sakanaction, what would it be?
Mmm~……(while scrolling through her phone), ah “Nantettatte Haru [After all, it’s spring]”. That’s exactly it isn’t it (laughs).

That’s right (laughs). Are you the type of person to properly make a playlist? Or do you listen to songs on shuffle?
Ah, I have an order of songs or a flow that I personally like so I might be surprisingly fussy about it.

Oh~. I thought that your personality might show through in that aspect.
My own story is within the order of songs. Or rather, there’s something like a specific flow of songs that makes me excited.

What kind of order the songs are in makes you intrigued, doesn’t it. Now, the topic of the talk will change greatly, did you have o-bento [packed lunch] during high school?
Yes. More or less, I made it myself. Even though the side dishes were mostly frozen foods (laughs). Until middle school I had school prepared lunches, so I thought that was much easier and I was relieved. There was also a cafeteria but there were troublemakers that used it, there was an aura of “don’t get too close” so in the end I ended up not going much at all.

But making your own o-bento every day is quite a feat isn’t it.
Like, I didn’t want to be a burden to my mum or my older sister. If I hadn’t joined Keyaki, I had thought about becoming a public service worker after graduating from high school so……. Something like, I wanted to settle into a steady job and put my family at ease.

It’s interesting that it resulted in you walking the complete opposite path in life.
It really is (laughs). But the fact that I can take part in activities as a member of Keyaki, it makes me happy and it’s also fun. However, when I think about how I’m not going to be a high school student anymore, should I say that I want to redo my high school life or rather, I feel as though I should have properly finished studying more. I’m probably asking for a bit too much……

The fact that you will no longer have the title of high schooler or student, do you feel sad?
Not so much (laughs). Probably, I think there’s more of a conclusion when you go from your teenage years to 20 years old [age of adulthood in Japan] so I might be more sad about that.

Ah, that’s true. Moving on, for Morita-san who already has an adult-like way of thinking, I’d like to talk about your “ideal love confession” if you were a high school student, how do you feel about it?
Love confession……?! Eh~ this a really embarrassing matter to talk about (laughs). Hmmm~…..if we were to talk about a strong confession, I would want their feelings to be conveyed handwritten. I’m completely fine with just something like a piece of paper. Like if it were on the phone or directly said, I would get super embarrassed.

Is it fine if their thoughts are written all crammed together on their writing pad (laughs)?
It also depends on the content (laughs). It’s completely fine that it’s simple, I think it would be nice if it was summed up concisely in about 3 lines. I wonder, I admire people who are quick witted so maybe I want them to simply and frankly convey their thoughts or feelings.

That sure is easily understandable. By the way, has your height  grown a little bit?
I haven’t properly measured but Ishimori (Nijika) san always says to me, “Huh, haven’t you gotten taller?”. But I think I’ve probably reached 150 centimetres. My ideal height is 160 centimetres, but I wonder if there’s anyone who has grown 10 centimetres after graduating high school. Even if it’s impossible for me to grow any taller, I want to act my age and slowly become an adult.

---

Translator: ichikabachika
QC: SatoneShichi
Raw @ weibo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1