Ozeki Rika x Harada Aoi's interview in B.L.T June 2020



Interviewer: This was the first time we’ve photographed either of you outside since you each did your solo gravure shootings for BLT’s extra issue 「graduation」.

Ozeki: How nostalgic! I was a third year in high school!

Harada: I was a third year in middle school, damn.....I aged (laughs). I believe I became an adult compared to 4 years ago!

Ozeki: But, if Aoi became an adult it would be boring (laughs).

Harada: Having 4 years passed and not becoming an adult would be a much bigger problem! Even I’d become an adult after 4 years!

Ozeki: You turned into a woman!

Harada: Yay!

Interviewer: How do you spend your everyday lives?

Harada: I stay at home watching movies and dramas, reading manga a lot. (Watanabe) Risa said that “Masquerade Hotel” is interesting, so I wanted to watch it.

Ozeki: For me, whenever a movie comes out I immediately go to the movie theater!

Harada: Also, I regularly rewatch “Kimi no suizou o tabetai” and cry (laughs).

Interviewer: Hamabe Minami (the lead role) is the same age as Harada-san, right?

Harada: That’s right! She’s really cute!

Ozeki: For me, the one who I think is cute is Hashimoto Kanna-san after all!

Harada: I also like Imada Mio-san! I also bought her style book “Ima”!

Aside from these, do you have any recent hobbies?

Ozeki: Film camera maybe? There were some pretty popular images, but now there aren’t many. But, I bought a toy film camera too. But, the instructions are in English so I don’t know how to use it, so now I have it sealed (laughs).

Harada: Since my time at home is increasing I often watch YouTube. It seems like the Korean dalgona coffee is very popular recently, so while watching how to make it on YouTube, I tried making it at home.

On the topic of YouTubers, Fuwa-chan appeared on “Keyakitte, kakenai?”

Harada: Fuu-chan (Saito Fuyuka) said that the words Fuwa-chan makes are “modern lingo” (laughs). Like “pyen”, or “ataoka”, Fuwa-chan made those. “Modern lingo”!

Ozeki: I can’t keep up (laughs). I’m hearing of “ataoka” for the first time right now, I thought it was someone’s name! Like, maybe I’m not so suited for the present age. I don’t know what’s popular with everyone, there are many times when I think “This song is nice” after it has passed. It’s recent but, it was like this with Official HIGE DANdism-san’s “Pretender “.....

Harada: No way, you’re so late (laughs)! Everyone was talking about it like, at the end of last year!

Ozeki: At that time I wasn’t aware of it.....I regret it a little.

Interviewer: Since we’re here, do you have something you want to ask each other?

Harada: Hmm, your boom maybe?

Ozeki: My boom is the second generation! But, there haven’t been many interactions with the new second generation yet, so I don’t know them much. From the ones I know, members I adore and my oshimen are different. The one I adore is (Yamasaki) Ten. We got along from the start, I’ve gone out to eat with her the most. My oshimen is probably Takemoto (Yui). There’s a “I love Yui” committee inside the group (Tamura Hono and Seki Yumiko are members), she really has this atmosphere that she’s truly someone that’s loved. Also, the first time you go out for a meal, you usually don’t really talk about your troubles with your senior. But we talked without such a relationship, that made me happy.

Interviewer: Who is Harada-san’s oshimen?

Harada: My oshimen is.....a secret (laughs). But, the one I always say I like is Fujiyoshi Karin. When I touch her butt she says “Ehehe” (laughs).

Interviewer: Is there anything Ozeki-san wants to ask Harada-san?

Harada: I don’t think so

Ozeki: Certainly not (laughs). Maybe because I already know too much? Aoi always asks me to go out to eat but, I somehow escape every time while thinking “What does she want to talk about with me?” (laughs).

Harada: That’s right! You never come! We can talk about anything!

Ozeki: You don’t really have the image of someone who talks a lot. I can’t image what we can talk about!

Harada: We can definitely talk about the group of course. Also, interesting stories from my friends. Even though they’re girls the members haven’t met (laughs).

Ozeki: Interesting stories from your own friends that we haven’t met? Ah, I probably won’t come (laughs).

Harada: Maybe it’s the opposite and Oze-chan’s the one who can’t talk. I get the feeling she hasn’t wanted to bother explaining from the start (laughs).

Ozeki: In the future as well, the meal won’t happen.....

Interviewer: There has been a lot of difficult times these days but, do you have anything to say regarding the future of the group?

Ozeki: I think I want us to do whatever we’re able to do with the way things are right now. There are many kids who are kind on the inside, with this kindness I want us to remain a group that’s loved by many people. I think of this because I love Keyakizaka46.

Interviewer: Right now, even though the shootings for dramas have stopped, I believe that there are many fans who want to see a drama with all Keyakizaka46 members again.

Ozeki: A drama with location shoots outside would be nice (laughs). Since up ‘till now we’ve only had dramas that were shot almost entirely inside!

Harada: The outside atmosphere is important.

Ozeki: Exactly! When I watched the Hinatazaka46 drama there were many shoots outside, it seemed like they went to various places and had fun. We only had shoots inside!

Interviewer: What kind of setting would you like?

Ozeki: A school setting after all?

Harada: I think that now the role of a university student is good. Although the second generation is still good for the role of high school students.

Ozeki: It seems like if we’re playing university students, there’d be plenty of scenes outside! Like part-time job scenes!

Harada: Ah, what about a medical setting?

Ozeki: What role do you want?

Harada: A surgeon perhaps.

Ozeki: Super doctor?

Harada: I’d like to be her assistant!

Ozeki: Then, how about (Moriya) Akane for the role of the super doctor?

Harada: No way! I don’t want to be Akane and (Sugai) Yuuka to be super doctors!

Ozeki: Those two seem like they will say “I will cure you with my spirit!” (laughs).

Harada: If you played in a medical drama, what role would you be, Oze-chan?

Ozeki: The role of someone who doesn’t look at blood would be good. So, the receptionist of the hospital maybe (laughs).

Harada: Oh and a plot where all of us make something! I also want to do a drama like that. For example, a restaurant that we all make together. There was a drama called “Koukousei restaurant”, right? If it had that feeling I’m sure it would be fun. We can shoot it in Yokohama for example, make an actual restaurant, and when the shooting is over it can become an actual store there!

Interviewer: If that drama happened, what role would you have?

Harada: I would be.....the manager!

Ozeki: My role would be the person handing out flyers outside of the store so it can flourish. That’s because I can’t cook (laughs).

Harada: Oze-chan can’t cook but, because there are many other members who want to cook, a drama production where we all make a restaurant or a cafe would be super fun!

Ozeki: That’s because I love to eat!

Harada: Because everyone loves to eat, it seems like the members would eat all the cooking we make during the drama (laughs). Ah, that’s right. Let’s make cabbage rolls tomorrow!

Interviewer: You’re making a meaningful use of your time at home, huh? Lastly, is there anything you two want to say to the fans?

Ozeki: I’ve been talking with the members about wanting to have a Live soon, I’d like to wait for the day our wish will be granted together with the fans. Naturally, right now the feeling of dissatisfaction is very strong. Not exactly dissatisfaction, it’s more like until lately we’ve always been driven by something, but now we don’t have that. That’s why, we want to be driven more, we want more motivation! Surely, I think it’s a waste for us to have free time. On the contrary, I want to be in a busy environment.....(laughs). Right now I’m praying that I can quickly return to my activities as they were previously. It’s our happiness after all.

Harada: In this situation I started to want to keep working even more. What I want to say to the fans is “Thank you very much”, that kind of grateful feeling. I believe that the fans surely still watch us even while having many feelings. That’s why, what I want to say to everyone right now are the words “Thank you very much”.

----

Translation: SatoneShichi
QC: fuyupz
Raw @ weibo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1