Sugai Yuuka Up To Boy Vol. 290


Even when the stage theatre was over, Michiko continues to live inside me.


Yukka, you made an appearance after two and a half years since the October 2017 issue. Because it’s been a long time I am extremely worried about what kind of shooting we’ll do, but I think I wanted to make it fun for a girl.

Thank you very much. Somehow it was so fun that I was worried whether this all was alright for work (laughs). I splashed and spattered around the sea, it feels like it’s my first time having such high spirits. Even in the shopping area of Enoshima I selfishly asked a lot, “I want to eat that… Ah, can I try that one too?” It was really fun.

I’m glad because I think the readers wanted to see that fun expression! Then, this month is Keyakizaka46’s 4 years debut anniversary. Seeing this whole one year particularly from the outside, I think it’s been a turbulent year, but from Yukka’s side what kind of year is it?

That’s right… Actually I don’t think that the 4th year was “turbulent” for me. Rather, I feel a little bit easier inside my heart.

I see.

The first and second year were harder, because it was full of first-times (doing things). In the fourth year, the staff created an environment where we can work carefully centered around lives. This was the time when the second gen joined the first gen activities completely. But because we spent a lot of time working during that period as well, now the first gen and second gen are very close. In that sense, I think this is good as an outcome.

Then, can you tell us something impressive among your line of work?

It’s “Hiryuuden 2020”. It’s been a while since I got the chance to appear out of the group and have a chance to work individually. Also, this is my first time starring in a theatre. While I was really happy when I heard the news, I started to feel anxious whether it would fit me or not.

The beginning of the play was announced when you started the practice.. As the performance was approaching, has something in your mind changed?

Everyone in the Hiryuuden team felt like there was no moment to rest from the first day of the practice, and everyone was doing their best to the point their voices were cracked. To those who work around theater business, it might be obvious. But for me, it was astonishing. In that situation, I was the only one who came from a different world (not from theater biz). At first, the fear and lack of confidence came before the feeling “I’ll do my best, I’ll show it”. I attended the rehearsal with my hair unconsciously let down and my expression hidden.

So your feeling was expressed in your hair style, right?

Yeah. Then my co-stars said “I can’t see your eyes, I’d like your hair tied”. I was startled. From there on, I got a lot of advice. I was told I should never say “I’m sorry” or “my fault”. I was aware that this is my true nature, and I realised that this is my task (to be better). By the time the theater finished, the view I’d seen changed completely.

That is a big experience for Yukka, right? What do you think has changed about you?

A woman named Michiko Kamibayashi whom I acted as, is a woman who became the top of 40,000 people among the student movement as I noticed. I have the strength to get the joy and sadness of my surroundings without losing my sight of justice at any time. I was really proud to act as Michiko. Even after the theatre was over, Michiko continues to live within me.

And then?

Until now I can’t say things a captain should say because the reaction is frightening… There is that kind of hesitation, but now I act while imagining “If I were Michiko, what would I do?” It is not enough to simply say as is, I think about how I should say it to everyone, and sometimes I consult it to Akanen (Moriya Akane) and the members. By sharing it with friends that I rely on, I don’t feel burdened by the problem in front of me just myself. I’ve learned that everyone’s feelings have changed, and various things have become smoother. So now I’m really comfortable.

As a person who has seen the progress of Keyakizaka46 and Yukka’s hard work, those words are touching my heart.

Thank you. I don’t think that meeting Michiko at this timing is fate. I can’t thank all my co-stars, staff, and fans who support me. When I was 19 years old when I debuted with Keyakizaka46, I was a person who lacked emotion. I think I just cry once a year. Now that I have become pretty much emotional, I had a lot of fun today (laughs). I feel that bit by bit something in me is changing.

I’m really looking forward to the 5th year that Yukka is about to meet. What do you think about tonight?

As a Keyakizaka46, now I think it’s time to build up power. There are various situations where we want to work and where we can’t work, but I’m wondering whether the next work will be the contest to decide our future. Bit by bit, all of the members are working while looking for things that can be done, but I feel really excited. As I said earlier, the relationship between the 1st and 2nd gen is very good. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new 2nd year students will be like, and I hope everyone will look forward to it.

Yukka too will be 25 years old. Personally, what do you think about it?

While listening to people’s opinions, I want to be a woman with a core and unwavering attitude. And someday I want to do theatre again. I was surprised that I could be so absorbed in it, and I was surprised to see how energetic I was, how much physical strength and stamina I had (laughs). That was the spot that made me realise, before and after doing theatre, everything is turning in a good direction. So that someday I’ll get a recommendation, I will improve myself and wait for it.

----

TL: Subject18
QC: SatoneShichi
Raw @ weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1