Onuma Akiho interview blt graph. vol. 59

 



It seems that these days “caught in a swamp” is how you say “being carried away”. She is undoubtedly the “big swamp (Onuma)” that you’ll catch yourself into if you enter. She has a mysterious charm that attracts you the more you get to know her.


Keyakizaka46’s last performance is less than a month away. Please tell us frankly what you are thinking right now.

When I heard of the renaming, I felt the time had stopped... I couldn't accept the fact that my beloved Keyakizaka is going to be changed, so I had mixed feelings. But I had been thinking "I'll do my best in every group, no matter which group I'm in" ever since my time as a Sakamichi trainee, and I was once again able to reconfirm how my feelings of wanting to be my ideal image of an idol and be a necessary member of the group, even if it’s going to be renamed to a new group. 

It's not my place to say this, but when I think about the feelings of my seniors who have worked so hard over the past five years and created such a great group, it’s different from me feeling down, it’s more like I feel sorry. So that is why I am cherishing my days as a member of Keyakizaka and spending them with a positive attitude.


When you say “Since my time as a Sakamichi trainee”, does that mean that you are happy that you have been assigned to a group and do your activities?

That’s right. (Ever since passing the Sakamichi Joint Audition) Because I had the experience of not being able to join a group on the first selection, I feel happiness from being able to say “I’m Keyakizaka46’s Onuma Akiho”. That is why being able to attend dance lessons and being invited to attend minor meetings makes me happy already. Every time I do, I try to let out all of my strengths, and do it carefully.


You certainly managed to left a big impact in “Keyaki tte, Kakenai?”

I’m thinking that perhaps the image of “side to side repetitive side jump” has grown too strong (laughs). Ever since a long time ago, people have told me that I’m quirky. It’s something ordinary for me, so what is wrong with it!? I grew up in a nature-rich environment, so I wonder that’s why my personality stands out...


I wonder (laughs). But what made you decide to become an idol, leaving behind the place where you can live comfortably in?

Shizuoka is not that far from Tokyo, but in the end I still have a longing for such glittering place. When I was in junior high school, I wanted to see the performance of the group Hashimoto Kanna was still in that time, so I gathered my courage and went to Tokyo, and that was the first time I thought about wanting to become an idol. That feeling grew stronger and stronger, and one day I decided to tell my family about it, but they didn’t take me seriously at all. But I've always had a dream of becoming an idol, and I've always wanted to go to Tokyo, so I'm really grateful to be able to do what I'm doing now.


If we trace the roots, the originator was Hashimoto Kanna

Yes, she gave me a lot of spirit at that time, so now I want to become someone who can give courage and energy to others.


What made you decide to audition for the Sakamichi series?

When I was in high school, Keyakizaka made its debut with "Silent Majority" and it was a shocking encounter, but my passion for idols was not rekindled until I entered a vocational school and moved to Tokyo. When I saw a commercial for the Garasu wo Ware! version of "Sakamichi Joint Audition” CM, I want to break out of my shell, so I thought “It’s now or never”... So I gathered the courage and auditioned. I'm not the type to express my emotion, but when I listen to Keyaki’s music, it awakens a strong person inside me, it stirs up my passion, it has that kind of power


With that in mind, is there a song you'd like to participate in for the last live performance?

I don't know if it'll be in the setlist or not, but if I had to choose, I'd like to perform “Fukyouwaon” at least once. I love it so much that I've seen it hundreds of times, so it would be great if I could be in that formation. I'd also like to participate in "Eccentric," which was the trigger for me to have  a positive view on how people have called me "quirky" and "weird”. I want to swing my shoes around in the chorus (laughs).


I hope that in a month from now, Onuma-san's hope will have come true. Lastly, please tell us about an recent events that has touched you.

How during the rehearsal of the live broadcast in July, Sugai Yuuka-san praised my dancing. I feel deeply moved just from knowing that she was watching me, and then she praised me when I was not confident in my dancing and thinking that I’m bad at it.... I want to be someone as broad-minded and thoughtful as Sugai-san

---

Translation: toomuchidea
QC: SatoneShichi
Raw @ weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1