New 2nd Generation Members Interview in ExTaishu November 2020

 

Masumoto Kira

Please tell us the reason you auditioned for the Sakamichi joint audition.

I was very influenced by my Sakamichi group seniors, so I also wanted to become a person who moves people both physically and mentally like my seniors.


Please tell us what “was as expected” and what “was different” between the image you held of Keyakizaka46 and what it was like when you actually joined.

I had the impression that there would be a lot of people who were cool even when they weren’t performing. As expected, even though during rehearsals and on stage everyone put on fierce facial expressions and their intensity heightened even more when watching them on the monitor, in the dressing room the mood shifts to something that would suit a gentle meadow.


When does your tension rise?

Whenever I have nothing to do, and Onuma-san is close to me. When my tension rises my voice becomes loud and I become unaware of my surroundings. This is a part of me I want to fix.


Among the 2nd gen, what’s your strong point that you can’t lose at?

My appetite. I don’t know if I can call it a strong point but, when I’m watching TV I’m basically always eating something. Even if I’m not hungry I feel like stuffing my mouth for some reason. I’d like to try a binge eating contest sometime.


From your SHOWROOM livestreams, there’s still the impression that you’re rather eccentric, please tell us if there has been a change since that time.

At that time, I continuously answered requests with all my heart without regret. With 2 years passing, I feel like I have become more calm.


Do you want to leave a mark on variety shows?

I’m really, really bad at talking to people, so I’m still not thinking about leaving a mark. When my name suddenly gets called, I just say whatever comes to mind without thinking........ I can’t keep calm at all.


Please tell us what you keep in mind while performing.

When you’re on stage, someone is looking at you no matter where you are, I hold that kind of consciousness. “Don’t become a person who just walks around in the back,” I received that kind of advice from the dancers but sometimes I’ll suddenly run out of steam. It’s an issue.


How did you feel when you heard that your new group name would be Sakurazaka46?

They gave us a name with similar kanji as those for Keyakizaka the word also has the same number of letters. The word “cherry blossom” expresses a variety of things, I find it very wonderful.


What kind of group would you like Sakurazaka46 to be?

I want us to become the kind of group that when people who are completely unaware of Sakurazaka see us and asked “What kind of tree are they?”, they will answer “cherry blossom”.


Onuma Akiho

Please tell us the reason you auditioned for the Sakamichi joint audition.

I've had a dream of becoming an idol ever since I went to a live performance of Hashimoto Kanna’s when I was in middle school. However, I couldn’t say that to the people around me and never thought it could be possible, so I gave up on it and thought that I should set different goals for myself. Then around that time, there were commercials for the Sakamichi joint audition that played “Garasu wo Ware!” Hearing it made my emotions burst wide open and I decided to apply for the audition. 


Please tell us what “was as expected” and what “was different” between the image you held of Keyakizaka46 and what it was like when you actually joined.

When I closely observe the performances, the impact and how it looks has a more powerful impact than what I expected; for a moment it really moved me how much it sent a jolt to my heart. Other than that, they’re usually all such tender people, I’ve only come to like them even more.


When does your tension rise?

I’m from the countryside, so like playing in the ocean in my normal clothes, playing tag up in the mountains, times when I’m doing that kind of country kid stuff is when I feel like I’m being who I naturally am and when my tension is at its highest I think.


Among the 2nd gen, what’s your strong point that you can’t lose at?

This is just what the members told me, but they said they think I wouldn’t change the way I act no matter who I was around. Like there are never times I get angry at friends, or talk badly about people. I was raised in a peaceful environment, so perhaps I take it for granted more than most.


Please tell us what you keep in mind while performing.

I study myself dancing in front of the mirror to improve how I use facial express to convey the emotion and lyrics of our songs. I want to become someone who can impart emotion and feeling onto everyone watching using just my eyes.


You’ve gained people’s attention with your bold actions in “Keyakake,” but how do you feel about it while you’re watching it?

I’m just doing things to the best of my ability as I normally do, so when I’m watching it on TV, I’m surprised by how strong my mannerisms are, like I end up saying to myself “So embarrassing~!” (lol). But it makes me so happy that there are people that laugh at those mannerisms. I want to keep challenging variety with all my strength!


How did you feel when you heard that your new group name would be Sakurazaka46?

I was full of feelings about how I love this group name. What stuck with me in particular was the thought that as the Sakura is the national flower of Japan, we as Sakurazaka46 can be an idol group that represents Japan.


What kind of group would you like Sakurazaka46 to be?

I think Sakura are flowers that can leave an impression on someone’s life. Just by looking at them, it can bring forth an overflowing amount of memories. I would like Sakurazaka46 to be a group that can have a similar effect on people.


Kousaka Marino

Please tell us the reason you auditioned for the Sakamichi joint audition.

I started getting into Sakamichi groups around winter of my 3rd year of middle school. My mom told me they were holding auditions, and I wondered how far I could get in them so I decided to take up the challenge.


I’ve heard that you’ve been a gloomy character since you were born, but has there been any change in that since you’ve been some a Sakamichi kenshuusei?

Nothing in particular! As usual, I can’t start conversations myself or liven up the atmosphere no matter how long I’m given to do so. But because of that, lately I’ve been trying my best to continue conversations and work on talking with a smile.


Please tell us what “was as expected” and what “was different” between the image you held of Keyakizaka46 and what it was like when you actually joined.

As for what I expected, the ability of the senior members to perform is incredible. Us new 2ki don’t have a lot of songs we can participate in yet, so a lot of the time we’re just watching the senior members from sidelines, but it’s overpowering every time. The way they move their hands and rotate is never off at all. It makes me think how much different it looks from when I do it.

For  things that were different from my expectations, everyone in the dressing room is actually pretty noisy. Of course the members all chat like friends, but it’s the make-up and uniform staff as well that join in, so that’s something where my impression has completely changed! 


When does your tension rise?

It depends how I’m feeling at the time, but even when I do things I like, there are times my tension goes up, and times it doesn’t. When it does, I start chatting and laughing a lot.


Among the 2nd gen, what’s your strong point that you can’t lose at?

The make-up staff praise my white skin often, so I want to make that my strong point.


Please tell us what you keep in mind while performing.

I try to keep in mind not to let my gaze wander around too much. If you’re looking around too much, even if your movement is perfect I think it ends up not looking very cool.


How did you feel when you heard that your new group name would be Sakurazaka46?

At first I thought to myself “We’ll do our best going forward with this group name.” Since then, I’ve started getting exciting but nervous thoughts, like  “it’s a cute name, but what kind of image will he group have?” or “is there already a Sakurazaka46 pose?” 


What kind of group would you like Sakurazaka46 to be?

I want the fans to think “Our support is reaching them,” so I want this group to be one that brings our appreciation for how important we feel the fans are to the forefront of what we do.


Moriya Rena

Please tell us the reason you auditioned for the Sakamichi joint audition.

I liked idols and admired them for years but, I thought “It’s impossible for me” and didn’t challenge myself. However, my mom and big brother reminded me that this is my “first and last chance”, so I took the audition.


Please tell us what “was different” between the image you held of Keyakizaka46 and what it was like when you actually joined.

The passionate emotions of my seniors were way beyond my imagination. Being able to do activities with such wonderful seniors made me love the group even more.


Have you had any interaction with Moriya Akane-san whom you have decorated a magazine cover with?

She told me about her recommended diffuser. Additionally, in “Keyakitte, kakenai?”’s “Keyakizaka rule project”, when Moriya-san said to the new 2nd gen “Don’t miss out on Sawabe-san’s cute chance!” she nominated me for the demonstration and I was really happy. I have my antennas high up in “Keyakake” as “Not to miss out on the cute chance”.


When does your tension rise?

My tension rises while I’m looking at what chocolate to choose in stores where it’s showcased like jewels.


Among the 2nd gen, what’s your strong point that you can’t lose at?

How the corners of my mouth rise when I’m laughing. By the way, the angle is 30 degrees. I often get praised for it by Masumoto Kira-chan, so I think this is the only thing I can’t lose at.


Please tell us what you keep in mind while performing.

While treasuring Keyakizaka46’s world view, I danced while matching with the tone and also danced dynamically. Recently, with the guidance of the dance teachers, I’m consciously dancing while delivering the expression of the lyrics with my body.


How did you feel when you heard that your new group name would be Sakurazaka46?

When I first heard it I thought “What a wonderful name!”, the inside of my head became a view of cherry blossoms spreading all over the floor. The traditional cherry blossom that symbolizes Japan to be put in our group name made me really happy. My chest is puffed from the expectations of what group we will become from now on.


What kind of group would you like Sakurazaka46 to be?

Just like how my seniors moved many people’s hearts as Keyakizaka46, I want to make Sakurazaka46 a driving force to someone. I want to climb up the slope while thinking of the day when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.


Oozono Rei

Please tell us the reason you auditioned for the Sakamichi joint audition.

During the summer of my 3rd year in high school I had no idea what I wanted to do in the future and at that time they were taking applications for the Sakamichi group joint auditions. I felt that this would be my last chance, so I applied.


Please tell us what “was as expected” and what “was different” between the image you held of Keyakizaka46 and what it was like when you actually joined.

The seniors treasuring “the messages that are included in the songs” was exactly how I imagined it. I performed while thinking that I also want to be an apprentice under this attitude.


What happens when your tension rises?

When my tension rises I smile more than any other time.


Among the 2nd gen, what’s your strong point that you can’t lose at?

I was number 1 during “Keyakitte, kakenai?”’s (TV Tokyo) athletic ability check, so I believe I can’t lose at my bridge’s flexibility. I’m fast at going to see what lunch boxes are in the dressing room, so I also think I can’t lose at my passion towards food.


In “Keyakake” your “Ozono memos” are attracting attention but, please tell us the positive outcomes of actually taking notes. 

The positive thing about taking notes is that it actually helps how fast I remember the names of people involved.


Do you think your personality is serious?

I do think that my personality is serious. When I decide “I’ll do it!” it’s a promise with myself that I without a doubt will not break. I also don’t break my promises with others.


Please tell us what you keep in mind while performing.

I want to put my everything into every single moment. 


How did you feel when you heard that your new group name would be Sakurazaka46?

I felt that “I like it”.


What kind of group would you like Sakurazaka46 to be?

Just like the cherry blossom, I want it to become a group that proudly represents Japan.


What kind of yourself do you want to show people?  

With a cherry blossom-colored heart and a pure white attitude, I want to put myself out as someone who’s full of motivation and aspiration.


Endo Hikari

Please tell us the reason you auditioned for the Sakamichi joint audition.

During my high school years when I was troubled with school I saw Nogizaka46’s Ikoma Rina sing “Taiyou Knock” in a music program, I thought that I wanted to become a person who empowers people the same way, so I applied for the audition.


Please tell us what “was as expected” and what “was different” between the image you held of Keyakizaka46 and what it was like when you actually joined.

Keyakizaka46 had a cool and neat expression while dancing or performing, so I thought that there were many people who are usually cool but, it was full of kind seniors who cared for us and reached out to us.


When does your tension rise?

When I go to watch concerts of my favorite artists or when watching their concert DVDs, my tension certainly rises inside my heart.


Among the 2nd gen, what’s your strong point that you can’t lose at?

I can’t do anything unless I keep doing it for a long time, so I think I have great perseverance since forever! 


Please tell us what you keep in mind while performing.

During my period as a research trainee the dancers told me “Every dance move in Keyakizaka46’s choreography has a meaning” so, I watch my moves and I try to move carefully so as not to get messy.


Your facial expressions during “Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasunoka?” are attracting attention, but have you actually heard anything about the response they’re getting?

After I appeared in the music program, I received many letters from the fans saying “Plenty of people called you cool”, I’m very thankful. Even though “Dare ga Sono Kane wo Narasunoka?” is the the first song we participate in, it was also Keyakizaka46’s last single, so I didn’t want to destroy the image my seniors had built up till now, so I thought about the meaning behind the lyrics, I watched the dancers dancing the choreography just for the new 2nd gen, I faced them during the actual performance.


How did you feel when you heard that your new group name would be Sakurazaka46?

When they told us the group name, I heard about the fact that “the cherry blossom is the flower that represents Japan”, I felt that it’s a lovely name.


What do you want to do in Sakurazaka46?

Without deciding on one thing, I want to challenge various things. I’m bad at talking to people, so firstly I’d like to work hard so many people will know about me.


---

Translation: SatoneShichi, fuyupz

Raw: weibo, fuyupz


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Odakura Reina interview from BUBKA June 2023 edition