Masumoto Kira's interview in EXTaishu January 2021


-From trainee to Keyakizaka46 to Sakurazaka46, I believe that it’s been a year with many changes.
I've always felt like I’ve been able to give off a fresh vibe, so much that “freshness” became my weapon. However, after becoming part of Sakurazaka46, I realized many of my senpai are able to use “freshness” as well, so I’ve been thinking “I have to find a new weapon.”

-You’re very positive.
Whenever I have any worries, I write it down on paper, then forget about it. Then when I read it later, I can think about how “I was worrying over something like this.” The other day, when we were recording for our TV show, it seems Onuma and I said too many crazy things and the staff told us “Let’s get back on track. Even entertainers overdo it sometimes.” I’m not an entertainer, but after properly reflecting on it, I looked forward to the future.

-It’s not like you were overdoing it on purpose, right?
When I watch it on air I always end up thinking “I said something like this..?” Even the other day, I meant to say “I won’t forgive you.” while smiling, but I ended up saying it with a serious look. Seeing it scared me. Also whenever I greet someone, I try to remember to smile, but Kosaka told me “You did it with a totally serious look.” Kosaka has such a straightforward personality. I’m looking forward to her sharp-tongued character to come out more in our TV program.

-In the music video for “Naze koi wo Shite Konakattan darou?” Masumoto-san’s smile received a big reaction.
The director spoke to each of us and told us “Let’s go with this character.” Mine was “an energetic character with a sparkling smile,” so I tried to smile a lot while dancing. Getting compliments from the fans makes me really happy.”

-Were you always a fun kid in your childhood?
I wasn’t like that at all. During elementary school I didn’t have any friends. I would just go behind the school building, draw a square in the dirt, and carefully count all the pebbles inside it.

-And now a girl like that is annoying her peers in the dressing room, right?
Well I don’t know if we’ll all still be together 5 or 10 years from now, right? So I figure I should enjoy it while I can and build relationships with everyone. It's just that I think if I stop being so forceful with everyone, I’ll get lonely, so I think I’ll keep messing around with them.

---

Translation: œuf
QC: Nira, Fuyupz
Raw @ Weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1