Sakurazaka46. Starting, starting~! [Part 1] (Fujiyoshi Karin x Morita Hikaru x Yamasaki Ten in ViVi February 2021)


We are heading toward a future no one has ever seen before


14th October 2020. After closing the curtain of “Keyakizaka46” history of about 5 years, “Sakurazaka46” began to climb a new slope. Dressed in pure white uniforms with the hem dyed in sakura colors, the figure of the girls looking straight ahead toward the future is fleeting, dazzling; powerful. Fujiyoshi Karin, Morita Hikaru, Yamasaki Ten. The three who bear the burden of the dreams of the group with their entire body talked about their current life-sized feelings to ViVi, now that they have made their debut. We will bear witness to the moment where they fly higher than anyone else amidst the fully bloomed cherry blossoms.


Nice to meet you. We are Sakurazaka46

Hi!! I’m Morita Hikaru

I’m Morita Hikaru, who’s been given the opportunity to center the 1st single, “Nobody’s fault”. Something the other members often tell me, and I agree to, is that I seem to be very self-paced.. I’m determined to do my best to leave a bigger impression than anyone else, as I’m singled out by my short height. My dream is to make “Sakurazaka46” known by people all over the world. I dream of performing overseas someday, and has secretly started studying a foreign language, but I’m keeping secret what language I’m learning at the moment


Hello! I’m Fujiyoshi Karin

I’m Fujiyoshi Karin, who’s been loving my activities so much. There were several months this year where we couldn’t do anything, right? Partly because of that, I feel very happy that we can resume our activities. Right now I seriously think “I don’t need break days”! That is just how much I love, love, love “Sakurazaka46”. Our formation may differ depending on the song, but it’s not like there’s a selected few; I think that ‘Sakurazaka46’ is only what it is with everyone in it. If each of us could convey our individual charms through the songs that we create by bringing our personalities together, there is no better happiness. We will proceed forward, aiming to be a group that is not bound by stereotypes.


It’s very nice meeting you. I’m Yamasaki Ten

I’m Yamasaki Ten, Sakurazaka46’s youngest and everyone’s little sister. While I never imagined that the group I belong to would be renamed, I think that this fresh start is inevitable for us. Everyone shows a nice expression on their face. Right now It really feels like ‘we’re finally getting started’. I think that we, who are still pure white, can be dyed in any color, so I’d like to actively challenge anything. Recently, I have a habit where I would think “What if Sakurazaka46 did this?” when I watch videos that are not just about dancing. I hope that we could challenge the limitless possibilities ahead


A Q&A to make us know Run-chan, Karin-chan, and Ten-chan deeper


Q What was your first impression when meeting the other two?

Hi: My first impression of Karin was “A girl who often drinks bubble tea”, but now it’s become that of a free-spirited person. For Ten-chan it’s how she’s a friendly person. I think this impression hasn’t changed even until now

Ka: My younger sister is a fan of Ten, so my first impression was “The girl my younger sister likes”. But when we talked, she’s just a child (laughs)! Hikaru is small, cute, and shy. But I thought that she’s the type that would talk a lot about herself once she opened herself. I think that the more time we spend together, the more I start to feel that we are similar in some ways. This is the first time I felt this way among the members

Ten: Eh!! I’m a bit jealous! When I first met Hikaru, it was surprising to see her laugh. The gap of her usual small voice, and how she would laugh loudly when she finds something funny is nice. Back then Karin had that untalkative image, but I was wrong. A mysterious girl with an easy to understand expression. This is a compliment, by the way!


Q What is your recent “my news”?

Hi: How our appearance in NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen has been decided

Ka: Me too! We received the news as if we were getting pranked, so it surprised me even more. Also, the Starbucks “Chai Tea Latte” that we received as catering just now was delicious, it surprised me

Ten: Yesterday, I felt sleepy when I ate. So I ate while nodding off, thinking that there is no winning against the sleep demon. Just before saying “Thanks for the meal”, I realized that I have been using my chopsticks upside down, it surprised me

Hi: You’re comparing that story to Kouhaku? (laughs)


Q If you compare yourself to an animal?

Hi: (Instantly) Japanese sugar glider! The people around me often told me so. I think it’s because my eyes look similar to it? I like Japanese sugar gliders, I want to have one as a pet. People often get puppies as a pet, right? I also dreamed of making such a pair 

Ka: So many people told me I’m similar to a cat. Although I don’t really think so

Ten: I can only think that I’m a human. I wonder what everyone thinks of me? I’m taking on suggestions on what animal I’d be similar to


Q Following the new song, “Naze Koi wo Shite Konakattandarou (Why hadn't I fallen in love?)?”, what is your “Naze ___ wo Shite Konakattandarou?”

Hi: I think it’s the piano. Inoue Rina (2nd generation member) has perfect pitch, and is very good with the piano. Isn’t it cool to be able to play our own songs?

Ten: I want to play it, but I kinda stopped. My younger sister is good at playing the piano, so I think that she’s also playing it on my behalf

Hi: So there is that kind of thinking (laughs). What about Karin?

Ka: I think a graceful dance like ballet. I want to be able to move more gently


Q Stories of playing with the other two?

Hi: We haven’t really been going out together recently, but we’ve went out to eat yakiniku with everyone before

Ka: We really did, It takes me back. When 2nd generation members gather together, even something trivial could get so exciting

Hi: There was also the hand towel accident..

Ten: Oh, that! We were in a store where we’d make orders with a touch panel, and it seems that we ordered hand towels several times unwittingly, and they brought us a ton of hand towels. As usual, it really caught Hikaru’s humor off guard

Hi: When I went home together with Ten-chan, we wanted to eat the same thing, so we went and bought it together

Ten: The triangular chocolate pie!



Hi: Yeah! Then we went home while talking about what happened that day, it’s like going home after school


Q Tell the ViVi readers “actually, there is a ___ side from these two”

Ten: I think Hikaru is surprisingly funny and good at fooling around

Ka: I get that. Ten-chan is like that too, but these two, despite acting all cool, are actually very cheerful and funny

Hi: When taking pictures, Karin would wave her hand, turn around; in any case she would just keep moving. That’s why the picture we took together is pretty much always blurry. So the pictures that are taken properly are valuable! I think that fans said that Ten-chan “looks mature” a lot, but she’s surprisingly still a proper child (laughs)


Q I want to know what fashion and make-up you are into this winter

Hi: Leather for fashion, and for make-up a deep red or bordeaux colored eyeshadow. As for eyelashes, I emphasize length rather than volume

Ka: I’m interested in streetwear-like fashion that’s baggy, but I’m worried whether it suits me, so I haven’t tried it yet. For make-up, it’s NARS’s blush. I like it so much I would give it to the make-up artist and ask “Can you use this?”. I like the way the color pops out from within my skin

Ten: It’d be turtlenecks, paired with corduroy pants, and fluffy outerwear… I buy a lot of clothes online. I’m looking to get a muffler that doesn’t have frills on the edge. Lately, I've been trying to improve my skin, so I've been working on my skincare rather than my makeup. I've been moisturizing my skin with lotion and applying eye cream. I think that I would look better if I could minimize the oil from my skin


Q A new year is coming soon, is there anything that you’d like to try?

Ten: At the Yamasaki household, we have the tradition of writing the first calligraphy of the year. This year, I wrote “New Keyaki” in the hope of doing something new with Keyakizaka46”, but I haven’t decided on what to write next year. I’m sure it will be a work-related goal

Hi: It’s a bit vague, but in 2021 I want to add a new color to the group as the group has been renewed and started from a pure white state. Our group color is white, so I hope to be a person of different colors in different situations.

Ka: I will be graduating from my teens next year, so I think that I really want to wear a school uniform. I’ve always dreamed of appearing in another artist’s MV. If it could come true while wearing a school uniform, it would be the best thing. I also want to try acting!

Ten: Acting is also another thing I’d like to try. I have always been a big fan of Mitsushima Hikari-san, there’s this feeling of wanting to be an actress with such a strong presence. I have another dream! Can I say it?

Hi: What is it? Say it

Ten: I’d like to appear in New Year’s Eve show “Waratte wa Ikenai” series one day (laughs)


Q What do you look forward to in winter?

Hi: There are a lot of events that I like, such as Christmas and New Year’s Eve! I want to eat hot pot with my family and friends

Ka: Every year, I look forward to seeing the occasional sight of illumination from the car’s window. I usually spend Christmas and New Years with my family. I love the chicken, cake, and ozouni that my mother makes

Ten: For me, it’s definitely wrapping myself inside my futon. I feel the happiest when I am warm and cozy at home. Also, I’m planning to have a small Christmas party with about 3 other members, so I’m really looking forward to it. We are planning to set a price, and exchange gifts with each other.

Ka: If I could ask Santa for a present, I’d ask for a small room. I like small spaces, I dream of spending time like using a projector for watching movies, with all my favorite things packed inside the room, and sit knees folded on a chair


Q What is a point from the other 2 that you can say “number 1 in the group”

Hi: Ten-chan’s small face! Her face is so small! She has such a good face balance! Karin-chan has a pretty silhouette. Whether it’s dancing or wearing clothes, her legs are very straight and her side profile is also pretty. I would look at her and think, “man, I’m jealous”

Ka: How good Ten-chan is at getting spoiled. It’s something that I don’t have, so I think it’s amazing. I might be a bit jealous of Hikaru's speed of growth and taking in things too. Hikaru has the fastest growth!

Ten: Hikaru’s dance movements and sharpness is the best. Karin’s individuality is most unique!


Q What is something of yours that could be said to be No 1 in the group?

Hi: How small I am… I think?

Ka: How bad I am at memorizing choreography. I’m really, really bad at it. I thought that I have to work on it by practicing, and trying my best to memorize it even in my private time

Ten: Innocence. I’ve recently become good at asking to be spoiled

----

Translation: toomuchidea

QC: mentos

Raw: Kiryu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1