Hikaru no Me #1 "The Beginning" (Morita Hikaru, ar magazine March 2021 edition)

 


Nice to meet you, I’m Morita Hikaru. In this running series, I would like to tell the readers all about myself so that they can get to know me better. On this first issue, I’ll be talking about myself personally. I’m part of the group Sakurazaka46, a group that cherishes each and every member and their own personalities. We changed our group name to Sakurazaka46 last year and with that change brought a little bit of color to our image.

When I was told that I was going to be the center for the new single I was surprised because I didn’t know anything beforehand. I was, of course, glad to be the center but I also had a lot of other feelings mixed up inside of me that made me cry. Even during filming for the MV I was always flustered about whether or not I should be the one to do this. 

From the beginning, I was never the type to get nervous nor do the same things over and over again everyday. Whenever I start something new instead of being the type to worry I instead get worked up and nervous. I became that way after the group changed its name to Sakurazaka46. However, those sorts of feelings I’ve come to cherish and try to use them to grow as a person. I’ve grown so much, even the way I think has changed. 

Before, I used to think so much about things that had happened but was never able to find any answers to them and just left it as that. But now, I think and think and come up with an answer before moving on. That’s probably because I don’t like to lose. I want to be able to be a better person than I was the day before. It’s not just me who’s like that, I think everyone else in the group is probably like that too.


A favorite song of mine in our first single is “Saigo No Chikatetsu Ni Notte” It’s a song about wanting to change yourself and I feel like that’s how I am. It may seem like a dark song at first but turning that darkness into a bright song is what makes this song great. This song can reach to whoever’s listening and whenever I sing it I get a little emotional. It’s not just the songs that are like this but the choreography is also filled with kindness.

Personally, I get encouraged by these songs and it would make me happy to know if there are people who feel the same way. Up until now, I mostly used songs and performances to get a message across but now I’m able to do the same thing by writing and I’m very thankful for it. I also enjoy drawing and even the title, the sakura flowers, and the kappa used in these pages were all drawn by me. I would also like to try things besides drawing so please look forward to what I have in store.


The name is “Aru Hi”

T/N: The one she posted to her blog


Recent News

I came up with my own character just for this ar issue

I’ve been learning how to draw by myself since elementary school and recently I’ve been making myself draw a new character everyday. This character I drew while thinking of my niece who loves kappa. His name is “Aru Hi”


---

Translation: chriss

QC: toomuchidea

Raw @ weibo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1