Masumoto Kira interview in FLASH Special Gravure BEST Spring 2021 Issue

 


Leaving big marks in their crown TV show ‘Soko Magattara, Sakurazaka?’, Sakurazaka46’s New 2nd generation Masumoto Kira; Where does her overwhelming variety strength come from? Sakurazaka fans pay attention, as we dive deep into the mysteries of Kira World!


You've been getting a lot of attention from the impact you made in the group's variety show SokoSaku, but have you always been fond of variety shows?

 

Actually, I pretty much haven't watched TV since middle school. I was busy with club activities in middle school, and busy with part-time job in high school. I didn’t have time for TV


Then the burikko pose in SokoSaku that invited laughter was a stroke of genius!


That time, before it, I received an advice of Uemura-san who said, “What about doing an angry burikko pose?”, and I did it with the intention of showing a bit of a cute angry look… But I have the personality that can only go 1 or 10, and I was leaning more on the “angry” side, and I showed such a...


The way you called Yamasaki Ten as “Ten-san” has also become a hot topic, hasn't it?


I thought that calling her “Yamasaki-san” feels too stiff, so I called her “Ten-san” from the start. Ah, I like Dragon Ball, so it’s “Ten-san” from Tien Shinhan!


I feel something special from what you call Yamasaki-san, but what kind of relationship do you have?


Ten-san is the person who accepts me the most. Or rather, when I say “Let’s play”, she would excitedly play with me.

But recently, she told me she feels tired with it (laughs). So now I’m in a bit of a pinch right now! I feel like if I can't push it, I should try pulling it, so I think it's time to take a step back and see what happens.


 In the show, your pair with fellow genmates Onuma-san has the reputation of being funny


Onuma-san said, “I’m just being pulled out by Kira-chan”. But from my point of view, Onuma-san is the “the great wonder” [A catchphrase given by Fujiyoshi Karin to Onuma in Sokosaku. For Masumoto, she gave her “great wonder number 2”]. We’ll get along as “Team Great Wonder” (laughs)


Do you think that your personality is suited for variety shows?


I don’t know if it’s suitable for variety, but I’m a stubborn person. I’m the type that won’t break until the other person does in a fight. I think I carry myself too strongly for my own good, and I often tell myself, "I should listen to other people's opinions more”.


Are you also stubborn with the other members?


The most is when I had a fight with Kousaka. Kousaka invited me to go home together to reconcile, but I said that I don’t want to. But I thought that this wasn't good, so I eventually apologized for it. I grew up a step (laughs)


This year will be your last as a teenager, please tell us what you’d like to challenge


I want to lay out the furniture in my room properly. Whenever I clean, I have a habit of moving furniture around and leaving it as is. Until recently, I had a bed in the middle of the room!


 What about your (idol) activity?


I want to be able to sing with confidence. I'm over it now, but for a long time, I didn't like my singing voice and I tended to whisper when I practiced. In "Plastic regret", there is a part where each person sings a solo line one by one, so I want to sing carefully so that I can convey my voice properly.

And lastly, I want many people to know that I'm “actually an earnest person at heart”. I was happy when Saito (Fuyuka)-san said to me "Kira-chan is actually an earnest person, are you not?” the other day, I’m actually quite an earnest one!


---

translation: toomuchidea

QC: mentos

source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Odakura Reina interview from BUBKA June 2023 edition