Hirate Yurina's "Dragon Zakura 2" interview with Modelpress



Dragon Zakura Hirate Yurina interview, even when I’m down the reason I can keep looking forward “I am truly grateful”

 

<Hirate Yurina Dragon Zakura Interview > ‘Model Press’ new project “This month’s cover model” appointed for the 1st issue is, Hirate Yurina (19-years-old). She has been expressing herself without compromise while working in various fields such as being an actress, artist, model,etc., and continues to be creative, her new challenge will be starring in TBS’s Sunday drama Dragon Zakura (starts on April 25th)

 

The filming started at the end of March, and while discussing with the director and producer, Iwasaki Kaede is in the middle of the making. “Kaede’s determination, her side that works hard earnestly, makes me want to cheer for her when I look at her, there are also feelings which I can comprehend so, I want to be able to convey that properly” ----- taking a closer look at how she faces her role

 

Hirate Yurina, During Intense Special Badminton Training
 

In Dragon Zakura Hirate’s role Iwasaki Kaede, is a nationwide top level badminton player, whose personality tackles everything with her body and soul. Even before the start of the filming, Hirate received coaching from Japan’s representative badminton player, when asked “Do you have any feedback?”.  She said eagerly, “I don’t have any confidence, however if I don’t do this, I’ll stop being Kaede, so I will do as much as I can every day to get closer to her”.

 

In the movie -Hibiki-, which was her first movie she starred in, she received various prominent awards for the first time, such as the Newcomer Actor Award from the “42nd Japan Academy Award”. Furthermore, Hirate has participated in movies such as, The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window and The Fable: A Hitman Who Doesn’t Kill (airing on June 18th), which consists of a gathering of splendid cast members, however this is her first try on a prime-time drama. Do you have any confusion on the role you are acting as, not only that but a role in which you don’t know the ending to?

 

“I am anxious. But on the other hand, not knowing what’s ahead is the good thing about dramas. I am also doing it while feeling nervous, but I really like this feeling. When it comes to role-making, rather than the difference between a movie and a drama, this time I need to practice badminton, so that is the different approach compared to all the other previous works.”

 

Reasons To Look Forward Even When You Are Feeling Down “I am truly grateful”
 

 

Hirate says that “there are a lot” of parts in which she can sympathize with Kaede. “If you ask me to be specific, it’s going to turn into a spoiler, so I can’t really say it (laughs awkwardly) However, instead of thinking about it myself, I am told a lot by the people around me that I am similar to Kaede” says Hirate while smiling.

 

Kaede tries to live up to her expectations and as a result, she hits a big wall. What about yourself Hirate? When asked “What have you done up until now when you hit a wall, how do you overcome it?” “Uhm…” while holding her head, she continues, “I think it depends from time to time… I don’t really have that feeling of overcoming it already” 

 

“That’s why I have times when I feel down. During those times instead of thinking how I can pick myself up, I think that the staff who have always been with me has helped me a lot. It differs on the time and circumstance but, for example even with just the word “It’s ok”, knowing that I don’t really like the word “It’s ok”, they tell me in a slightly louder voice “It’s ok”.  I am truly grateful that they understand my feelings and support me. ”

 

Hirate Yurina “I believe I am here now because of everything that has happened”

 

The interview was conducted just when the filming had started in late March, after an intense scene with Abe Hiroshi who is acting as Sakuragi Kenji. Hirate said “I am anxious whether I am properly conveying Kaede”, up until now “I have never been satisfied with my own expressions”.

 

This work, Dragon Zakura shows the interrelationship between sports and studying through Kaede, it also touches upon the merits of taking university examinations because of the hard work put into club activities. Hirate herself is like Kaede, because in the past we have the present.

 

“I have things I have learned since I was little, I have also things that I’ve experienced since entering this world, everything is all connected to the present . I believe that I am here now because of everything that has happened”

 

Hirate Yurina: What I want to convey through Dragon Zakura

 

Starting from today she will be spending her days as Kaede concurrently for approximately 3 months. Lastly, we asked if she had any messages to convey through Dragon Zakura, after taking a breath, she slowly started speaking.

 

“I believe that this drama has a lot of messages that it would like to convey. I think that Sakuragi-sensei’s words are very important to everyone regardless of generation. It also resonates with me. When I was reading the script, it felt like it was representing me.”

 

If you conclude the drama, regardless of teachers and students, we all fall into the category of actors, but I think that the interaction between teachers and students in this drama is really important. That is why for approximately 3 months, I am really going to listen to what the teacher is saying. I might fight back sometimes but I am going to walk the path together with the girl named Kaede, and aim for The University of Tokyo.”

 

-----During the interview, Hirate let out the words that she “does not have the feeling of overcoming”. We felt that those words were not a lie, but a truth that came out unintentionally. However as a person who is just watching from the side, that is something that you wouldn’t think of.

 

Even the manager who was present said “I think you have overcome a lot. Whenever something happens, we would talk until we find something that is mutually convincing, then we’ll confirm our goal once more, this has happened a lot in the past. She often gets lost, but I believe that’s a good thing.”

 

We look forward to what kind of ending Iwasaki Kaede, who continues to move forward despite her sufferings, will hold. But we also can’t help to look forward to the next 3 months of Hirate Yurina, who’s the closest to her-------.

 

Hirate Yurina Interview Snippet Talk

 

<Has your consciousness towards beauty changed?>

 

It probably should really change (laughs awkwardly) but I don’t think anything has change

-          (My manager notices when my skin is dry . So I think their consciousness towards beauty must be high. They will point it out to me (laughs))


---

Source (with more pictures!)

Translator: oeuf

QC: kiryu, toomuchidea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1