TV LIFE No.8 - Uemura Rina x Inoue Rina x Kousaka Marino

 



These three are from Sakurazaka46, who will be releasing their 2nd single ‘BAN’! We asked them a lot of questions about their impressions of each other, their similarities, and what they wouldn’t want to see “BANned”, as well as their song “recommendation points”


Since this is the first time the three of you appeared in TV LIFE, please tell us about each other and what kind of person you are. Let’s start with Inoue!

Uemura: I often see her being teased by the members in the dressing room and the like. “Inoue〜!”, isn’t that how they call you? It’s very rare for a girl to be called by her surname(laughs).

Inoue: Yes, you’re right (laughs). I used to be called “Inoue-chan” by the seniors at first, but recently, they’ve been calling me “Inoue”. I’m glad that they call me by my name because it makes me feel closer to them.

Uemura: Yeah, I think they wouldn’t tease you if they don’t like you, so you are loved.

Kousaka: I think so too. She get along well with Takemoto Yui, who is also a 2nd generation member, and it makes me smile when they are playing together. The other day, I saw her (Inoue) playing the piano on a TV show, and I thought she has a great talent for music.

Inoue: Actually, I’m not very good at playing in front of people. When I saw the episode on air, my hands were shaking (laughs). But if I have a chance in the future, I would love to do it again.

Next, please talk about Uemura?

Inoue: She is a kind older sister to the juniors. Many of the 2nd generation members said that Uemura-san was the first person who approached them after they joined the group (laughs).

Uemura: When the 2nd generation members came into the group, everyone was so nervous that they were about to cry. When I saw that, I felt like I wanted to protect them, so I started talking with them.

Kousaka: I don’t have any sisters, so Uemura-san is like an older sister to me. When I got sick before, she asked me, “are you okay / how are you feeling?”

Uemura: I was worried about her because she had taken a day off about two days before the concert. In the early days, I had the same problem with getting sick before a concert. Maybe that’s when I first approached her.

Kousaka: Yes, I was really happy.

Lastly, please talk about Kousaka.

Inoue: I thought she was a mysterious and quiet type, but she actually has a good sense of words. She has a lot of harsh retorts for her close friend (Masumoto) Kira. Now I have the impression that she has a tsukkomi (straight man) character (laughs).

Kousaka: Fufu (laughs). Kira and I spend all our time together, even on our day off. We go to the convenience store together, and even went to the dermatologist too!

Uemura: You’re a family now (laughs). At first, I also thought Marino was mature and cool, but when she is with her peers, she would use her Kansai dialect and speak up. I think that gap was amazing.

Kousaka: Yes, it is. Now we’ve become a stable pair… (laughs). Surprisingly, we have similar personalities.

Inoue & Uemura: Is that so...? (laughs)

By the way, is there anything about the three of you that you think is similar to one another?

Inoue: Things in common… Ah, are you a shy person, Uemura-san?

Uemura: Hmm. Not with girls really. Do you?

Inoue: I seem like the type that doesn’t but I do. When I’m at school. I just stick with my friends.

Uemura: That’s true. I’m like that at school. Marino is completely shy, are you? (laughs)

Kousaka: That’s right (laughs). I only talk to people who were willing to talk to me. For example, if I forgot my pencil case at school, I would just stay silent. I couldn’t stop sweating.

Inoue: Well… that’s quite impressive (laughs).

Uemura: Yes, I’m not at that level (laughs).

Inoue: So what about food? I can’t eat spicy food.

Uemura: Ah, me too!

Kousaka: ...I can eat it.

Uemura: Ahaha (laughs).

Inoue: We almost got it! (laughs) I wonder what else… What is your favorite part of meat?

Uemura: Eh… I don’t know the parts of meat (laughs)

Kousaka: I don’t know it too. (laughs)

Inoue: I see〜. Probably the two of you were raised with care, unlike me (laughs).

Uemura: That’s not true (laughs). Do you have siblings, Inori-chan?

Inoue: I have 2 brothers. I’m the youngest but I feel like I was raised to be strong.

Uemura: I also grew up playing outside with my older brother. I think I grew up very naughty (laughs).

Kousaka: I have an older brother too.

Inoue & Uemura: We had something in common! (laughs)

Kousaka: But we often get into fights. I usually win, though.

Inoue & Uemura: As expected, it’s the other way around there (laughs).


This is the one thing I don’t want to get BANned!

Kousaka:

Smartphone and strolling time


I don’t want my phone to be BANned. I often use my phone for online shopping and long phone calls with friends. Lately, I’ve been enjoying taking walks while listening to Sakurazaka’s music too. I recommend Sakurazaka’s music as it goes well with the night view.


Inoue:

Time to laze around on a day off


I like to laze around when I’m at home. Especially on my days off, I would be just rolling around in bed, so I wouldn’t want that time to be BANned (laughs). I also bought an electronic piano, so I enjoy the time I spend practicing.


Uemura:

The TV that I watch all the time


I love my TV and use it to watch (programs, videos, etc...) all the time when I’m at home, so I don’t want my TV to be BANned. I can’t sleep unless it’s on, so I set the off-timer to one hour at night. I also set the on-timer to wake up in the morning to the sound of the TV.


My top pick: “Omotta yori mo Sabishikunai” (Included in Limited First Edition Type-D)

The choreography of this song is as if I’m playing while dancing with the members. When we were filming the music video, everyone was smiling like never before, and I naturally smiled too. When I listen to this song, the little worries become trivial and I feel like I can move forward. If you’re having a hard time thinking about things, I highly recommend you to listen to this song. - Kousaka


My top pick: “BAN” (Included in all types)

The lyrics really convey the feelings of “Boku (I)” who is struggling and breaking through the wall. The music video was filmed on Awaji Island, and I was really excited because my hometown is Hyogo. I kept explaining to Matsuda Rina, who was standing next to me, “This is Hyogo!” (laughs). The speedy and powerful dance is also a highlight, so I hope you’ll take a look. - Inoue


My top pick: “Guuzen no Kotae” (Included in all types)

The music video depicts a girl falling in love with another girl and is expressing the frustration of love and friendship. In the scene where we were dancing on the station platform, I was nervous that I might fall onto the tracks (laughs). A group of elementary school kids walked by while we were filming. They seemed to find it interesting that we were dancing at the station and got excited from it (laughs). - Uemura

---

Translator: sunsetrider
QC: toomuchidea
Raw: kiryu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1