Watanabe Risa x Yamasaki Ten QA & Interview (nonno June 2021 edition)

 


Q&A Section


Q1 What is something that changed from Sakurazaka46 after the renaming?


Risa: I could feel how with the renaming, all the members have this feeling of getting a fresh start and trying to create again from scratch, that turned to a great sense of synergy, and brought a bright atmosphere flowing throughout the group.


Ten: The costume has become gorgeous too, hasn’t it? It is very fulfilling how through the things that we have accumulated as Keyakizaka46, we can try new things again now.


Q2 On the contrary, what stays the same?


Risa: To continue delivering songs that put an emphasis on expression; that moves the hearts of whoever hears it; it’s something that’s unchanged in importance since the Keyakizaka46 days . I want to continue to take good care of it.


Ten: Personally I can only think about changes. One of them is how I’m able to talk a lot with members. Shortly before the name change, I felt the need to strengthen the unity of the group, and I thought that it’s important not only to listen to what the members say but also for myself to say something. I think that by staying conscious of that, I’ve become able to interact with the members more comfortably.


Q3 How does Risa see Yamasaki Ten the Center?


Risa: The songs Ten-chan centered are filled with positive messages that speak “Let’s have fun together with friends!”. That bright nature is perfect for Ten-chan’s innocent atmosphere, and when I watch Ten-chan singing and dancing from her side, she has such a nice smile and I could tell that she’s genuinely having fun.


Ten: It’s thanks to the members that I can smile during the performance. When it was first decided that I will be a Center, the members said, “You can rely on us more”. The me before would feel sorry for relying on them, but now I can proudly say “I’m relying on them”, “We are supporting each other”. I think that it’s not bad that I was able in that way.


Q4 What kind of song the 2nd single’s “BAN” is like?


Risa: The title “BAN” is a word that is used in SNS and online games meaning “to prohibit”. In the world where SNS is in its full glory, I think that it’s a song that touches the hearts of not only people of the same generation, but also from a wide range of generations.


Ten: When I first read the lyrics, I was surprised by the great sense of reality, but that should leave an impression on the people who are listening. The dance is also quite intense, when we first learned the choreography my body was sore all over (laughs).


Risa: When thinking about dancing the full version of that dance in live performances in the future, it makes it a little scary from now on… When filming the MV, I only danced half-heartedly (laughs).


Ten: Risa-san, didn’t the heel of your shoes come off during the MV filming?


Risa: Yeah, that’s right. When dancing on the ground both my heels came off, and for a moment I wondered if space-time had become distorted (laughs). And to do such a tough dance within water..


Ten: The costume is very beautiful, but we use it a lot, and it gets very heavy when it gets wet. But I feel that dancing even if it’s tough is an expression that fits the worldview of the song.


Risa: We danced in such a cool way, so by all means, please do check the MV!


Interview Section


The premonition of the return of “Onee-chan” by Ten-chan!?


Risa: Today is the first time the two of us have photoshoot for a magazine, right?


Ten: Yes! Last time (April 2021 edition), when I was featured in Nonno together with the other two 2nd generation, I said, “I hope that one day I could have a sister-like project with Risa-san one day”, so I’m surprised that it’s realized so soon, but more than anything I felt happy about it! Didn’t I say it at Sakurazaka46 workplace? I said, “We’ll be featured in Nonno together next time!”


Risa: Yep. But that time I already knew, so I said, “I know~” (laughs).


Ten: I was spontaneously angry like, “Then why didn’t you tell meee!?” (laughs)


Risa: It’s been about half a year since I started being able to talk with Ten-chan like this. In the songs centered by Ten-chan, we are positioned next to each other, so it feels that our distance has naturally decreased.


Ten: At that time, there was a moment when the manager and I likened the members to a family. Sugai (Yuuka)-san was the mother, and Risa-san was the older sister. Since then, I started calling Risa-san with “Onee-chan (= big sis)”.


Risa: That’s right. But you haven’t been calling me that way recently, so deep inside I wondered if you are tired of it already(laughs).


Ten: No, not at all! What are you talking about, seriously (laughs). I’m actually an older sister myself, so I never called someone else “Onee-chan”, and when I tried to it’s something that I can’t get used to. Moreover, I don’t know if Risa-san likes it...


Risa: Meanwhile I’m actually a younger sister, so I was happy to be called that because of Ten-chan.


Ten: When I asked you, “Do you mind being called onee-chan?”, you said, “I don’t dislike it”... Eh, so which one is actually right to do?


Risa: You can call me as you like. You don’t have to force yourself to call me “Onee-chan” (laughs).


Ten: No, it’s not like that, I can genuinely call you either way!


Risa: Then, you can change according to the time and place (laughs).


Ten: Okay, then I’m going to gradually start calling you “Onee-chan” again!


The older sister who pampers and the little sister that is simply too cute


Risa: From how I see it, Ten-chan is good at getting herself pampered, and has this cuteness that makes you want to protect her; the little sister character who is loved by everyone in the group.


Ten: Really (laughs)?


Risa: It is~ Why do I need to lie here (laughs)


Ten: You keep saying nothing but good things, so… Moreover, don’t you usually say “So cute~” toward (Fujiyoshi) Karin, a fellow 2nd generation like me?


Risa: Karin-chan is so really cute recently ♡ If I say “Karin-chan~” while approaching her, Ten-chan would come between the two of us, won’t you (laughs)?


Ten: Because you know I’d get angry, but you still deliberately do it in front of me!


Risa: That angry figure is so cute, there are times when I want to tease her (laughs). But I think that you are a senior-nizer. One moment you’d be smiling next to me, then the next you’d already be sticking to another 1st generation, it makes me go “Eh?”.


Ten: Hahaha! That may happen sometimes (laughs). Risa-san truly observes your surroundings, don’t you? Back when I still hadn’t talked that much, Risa-san told me, “Ten-chan isn’t good at communicating to others, aren’t you?”, and I was surprised like “How could she tell!?”. I had a personality where I can’t really let myself be pampered by others, but since then, Risa-san is one of the few people I can let myself be pampered to.


Risa: Yayy, that makes me happy ♪ When we can freely go out again, let’s go out together, for a meal or such. Ten-chan seems to be the type that can do anything, so I’d like to do some active activities. Like snowboarding.


Ten: I never went for a snowboard or ski before, so I’d like to! I never see piled up snow in person, I thought it’d be great to live in a snowy country in the future.


Risa: I didn’t know you have such a strong feeling toward snow (laughs).


Ten: I think that anything will be fun if it’s with Risa-san. Going out to shop together might be good too.


Risa: That’s good, let’s go! Our height is about the same, so I think that you can wear my clothes too. I’ll look for ones that might fit Ten-chan.


Ten: Yayy~! Risa-san is stylish, so I’m looking forward to it ♡

----

Translation: toomuchidea

QC: mentos

Raw: 灰 ​​​ ​​​​@ weibo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1