Hirate Yurina 20th Birthday Special "From 19 to 20" Q&A part (ViVi August 2021)


 Q. Yurina-chan is known for memorizing lines a day before, and not opening the script on set. Did you not open the script on set this time too?

A. Right. I do take it with me just in case. But I didn’t open it on set.

 

Q. Things you must bring with you to the shooting location?

A. Script, handphone and bag. I put everything I need in the bag, so it's like a set package. There is not much in my bag.  

 

Q. Are there any roles you would like to challenge in acting in the future?

A. Hmm, I haven't found anything yet.

 

Q. If you were offered a comedy role, would you take it?

A. Ah, yes. Probably. I don't have anything against comedy.

 

Q. Would you rather act in a heartwarming love or a dramatic love story? 

A.Eh, I’m not sure, I wonder which...... Um, I’d like to properly listen to what the work is about before making my choice.

 

Q. Kaede-chan's best subject is English, but what is Hirate Yurina's best subject?

A.I'm not good at any subject.

 

Q. If you could enter Todai, what kind of study would you like to do?

A.You mean myself, not Kaede?...... I don't think I could get into Todai.

 

Q.Tatsumi Gakuen is located near the sea, but have you been to the sea, your favourite place?

A. No, I haven't been there. In the drama, it's portrayed as being close, but surprisingly, there’s quite a distance in reality......

 

Q. Do you want to play badminton even after the filming of the drama is over?

A. Right, if possible. Badminton is fun. It's fun to play matches and such.

 

Q. Do you watch the work in which you appear?

A.There’s a feeling that I don't want to, but .... I do watch them.

 

Q. What do you do with the scripts of the films you've acted in?

A. They are all at home, but I don't open them anymore after the shooting is over.

 

Q. Congratulations on your return to SOL (School of Lock!). Please tell us about the "fun of radio" that Yurina-chan feels!

A. I'm glad I can read the listeners' posts. Because I can find out things like “Oh, so that's what everyone thinks”. I don't have SNS, so I feel like it's the closest place where I can interact (with fans).

 

Q. Is there anyone you would like to invite as guests to SOL?

A. Rather than ‘the person I want to invite’, I want to do it with someone. I'm not good at doing it alone, so I'd like to have someone next to me..... It's easier to talk if there’s someone next to me. At any rate, as long as I’m not alone (laughs).

 

Q. Do you like your own voice?

A. I don't.

 

Q. Have you used the New Year's money gift from SOL’s principal?

A. No, I haven't used it yet. I also haven't decided what to use it for.

 

Q. How do you feel about wearing the “Baka-headband”?

A. “I can't tie it well.”

 

Q. I want to see Techi acting in a love story!

A. Fufu, I'm often told that. People around me also say they want to see it. I'm curious about it myself. On how it will turn out (laughs).

 

Q. Do you want to do a live performance with the audience again?

A. Eh, hmm, I wonder. There are no songs either. I don't know if it will meet your expectations...... I would like to discuss it with the staff first (laughs).

 

Q. How do you plan to spend your 20th birthday?

A. I think I'll be filming drama.

 

Q. The ban on alcohol will be lifted when you turn 20. Who would you like to have your first drink with?

A. With someone I know well.... I want to drink with the staff who have been supporting me.

 

Q. Do you think you can hold your alcohol?

A. People around me often say that I seem so.

 

Q. What do you think you'll be like when you get drunk, Hirate-san?

A. I wonder... I can’t say anything for sure yet (laughs).

 

Q. Do you want to attend the coming-of-age ceremony?

A. I don't really have a good understanding of the coming-of-age ceremony.... so I’m going to ask and find out what it is like first.

 

Q. Do you plan to wear a furisode for the coming-of-age ceremony?

A. I'm not sure about that yet... At the moment, I'm not really interested in furisode.

 

Q. What left the most impression on you during this 1 year as a 19-year-old?

A. I wonder.... A lot of things happened and all of them left an impression on me. If I were asked to choose one, it would be difficult.

 

Q. When is the moment when you feel that you have grown up?

A. I haven't found one yet. I still can't drink black coffee.


Q. Are there any “new things you’re able to do” right before you turn 20?

A. Eh, I wonder if there’s any... Ah, badminton!! Thanks to my role in the drama, I've been able to play it a bit.

 

Q. In an interview when you were 15, you said "I think I'll be married in 5 years”. Do you have any plans to get married?

A. No, I don't really have any plans. But, it's not like I don't want to at all. I don't know what will happen in the future either (laughs).

 

Q. What would you eat as your last supper?

A. Japanese food.

 

Q. What kind of hairstyle do you plan to have next?

A. Depends on my mood at the time. But, since I’ve always had short hair, I think I'd like to grow it out a bit. 

 

Q. What kind of videos have you been watching lately?

A. Since I've been filming drama, I haven't watched many videos lately.

 

Q. What do you want to do this summer?

A. Summer, huh. I want to go to the sea or have a BBQ. It may be difficult at the moment, but I feel like it.

 

Q. Is there anyone you want to meet now?

A. There are people I want to meet. There are many people I want to meet exactly because I haven't been able to meet them.

 

Q. What is the standby screen on your smartphone?

A. Nothing. It remains as it is from the default setting.

 

Q. Please accept the "Thank you" feelings from your fans!

A. Uhm, I haven't done anything to be thanked. Eh, um, somehow, I’m sorry. 

 

Q. What do you do when you feel like you want “to be soothed”?

A. I like animals, so sometimes I feel like touching them.

 

Q. What’s your recent verbal habit?

A. Eh, I wonder what. It's not a verbal habit, but sometimes when I'm having a normal conversation, people around me say that I talk like Kaede.

 

Q. Please tell us about the latest "information on Hirate Yurina’s pranks"!

A. I didn’t pull any pranks. But I still tease the staff who are close to me as usual (laughs).

 

Q. What is the best food you have ever eaten?

A. If it is with someone I trust, it would taste good no matter what I eat.

 

Q. What do you think your past life was like?

A.I think I was a small animal.

 

Q. What country would you like to visit when COVID calms down?

A. There are many. I can't choose one.

 

Q. Is your body flexible?

A. I think I’m stiff. There are days my fingertips touch my toes when I bend forward, and some days they don't. I also can't stretch my legs to 180 degrees.

 

Q. In Disneyland, which attraction do you go straight to?

A. I don't remember going to Land... I would just go and if I don’t feel like it, I’ll go to Sea. The attraction I’ll head straight to at Sea will be the one that is less crowded (laughs).

 

Q. Do you use an umbrella when it rains?

A. I don't usually use an umbrella. Because it’s troublesome. That's all. I don't mind getting wet. I like rain.

 

Q. What would you do if you had a day off?

A. I want to organize my room, thoughts and more. 

 

Q. Do you do something different when you have a bad day?

A. I listen to music, regardless of whether I have a bad day or not. I put on earphones and listen to the sound.

 

Q. Which makes you happier, being called "cute" or "pretty"?

A. Ehh, no, I don't really get called that. I don't know because I'm not called that.

I was told a lot of that during the photoshoot today? I just learned about that now, so I'm surprised. I think I don't listen to the voices around me during the shooting.

 

Q. Are you good at haunted houses?

A. Sure, I don't hate it. I don't mind being startled. However, I do get surprised (laughs).

 

Q. Please tell us if you’ve come across wonderful words recently!

A. I'm filming a drama right now and I think Sakuragi-sensei's lines are really nice. There are many words that resonate in my heart.

 

Q. If God says  "I'll give you anything," what talent would you want?

A. I wonder what... I can't think of any. I’m sure that talents and abilities are acquired through a lot of experience. I feel that if I don't accomplish something, I won’t get those things.

 

Q. Is there any cosplay you would like to try?

A. Nothing in particular. If I really have to, I'd like to do something that won’t reveal my face (laughs).

 

Q. Is there anything you would buy at the convenience store?

A. Nothing in particular.

 

Q. Have you bought anything to reward yourself recently?

A. I haven't bought anything in particular, but I did stop by a shop and service area on my way home from work and drink anything I feel like at that time. I’m still doing my small "reward for the day".

 

Q. What is your favorite sushi topping?

A. Eh, I like them all. I don't really have a particular favorite. 

 

Q. What is the most recent photo on your phone's camera roll?

A. It's a video of me getting my makeup done today. It was kind of funny, so I took it (laughs).

 

Q. Wired earphones or Bluetooth?

A. I use both.

 

Q. If you got in a fight, will you be the one to apologize?

A. I don't fight.

 

Q. Do you like the word "promise"? Or do you dislike it?

A. I rarely hear someone say that to me. Sometimes I say it myself. It's only when it's really necessary. I won’t break them, and I don't want to break them. I’ll only use it when I have a strong feeling inside me. I won't use the word "promise" casually.

 

Q. Lastly, do you have any message for ViVi readers?

A. Magazines are fun. Today's shoot was also fun. I hope you enjoy the world of makeup, fashion, and photography.


---

Translation and raw by kiryu
QC toomuchidea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1