Sugai Yuuka's words toward members of Sakurazaka46 (Ano Hi, Konna Koto wo Kangaete ita)

 


As the captain of Keyakizaka46, Sugai Yuuka has been leading the group since appointed in January 2017. It was announced in January 2021 that continuing on, she is entrusted as captain in Sakurazaka46 as well. She, who looks over Sakurazaka46 as a whole, has a message for her deeply bonded friends who have been and will continue to climb the slope together with.


◆◆◆ 1st Generation Members ◆◆◆


Uemura Rina

Rina-chan is a very caring girl. You are really observant of the members, so you could notice even the slightest changes, and I think that there are many members who have been helped by your words.

You also properly watch the choreography videos for songs you don’t even participate in, and often say things like “I like this part of this song”, so I think that you are very pure and kind. How you never change, in a good way is also Rina-chan-like, so I hope that you can stay as you are.


Ozeki Rika

I’ve been saved by Oze in many things, including MC. You have mature sides, and you're actually also sensitive to changes in the atmosphere of your surroundings, don’t you? That’s why, when there is someone who feels the slightest of worry, they could come to you for advice, and I truly respect that side of you.

Recently, I want to tell you, “It’s okay to think about yourself more”.


Koike Minami

Ever since we became Sakurazaka46, I feel that Mii-chan has improved even further. You were already good at dancing from the start, but after overcoming various things, you’re now strongly supporting Sakurazaka46 as its one stem. That’s why there are many things that I want to learn from you, such as your performance skills.

I thought that you were a quiet girl, but I’ve recently seen your communicative side, like how you would suddenly hug your genmates or juniors and shorten the distance with them. I feel that you're such a good older sister.


Kobayashi Yui

After experiencing [acting] in drama, I feel that Yuipon has become much brighter. Until then, I think that you must have had many things in your mind, but now you seem to have gained an unwavering, firm sense of self, inspiring the people around you to a better direction, showing coolness that can be seen through your actions. This helped raise Sakurazaka46’s level of performance, which I’m truly grateful for.

You often talk with Mii-chan about how to improve our performances better, I hope that I can also be of help.


Saito Fuyuka

Fuuchan was already easy to talk to from the first time we met, you may be the member who makes me laugh the most. Just by having Fuuchan, the atmosphere of the group becomes brighter, you have that kind of ability that somehow puts me at ease. You're a moodmaker who makes everyone happy.

You always give your all, powerfully, so it feels good to watch you, and that is why you've been leading us in terms of dance since our time in Keyakizaka46, and I hope that we can continue to do our best together from now on as well. We’ve gone on a trip together before, so when we are able to do so again, I hope that we can go somewhere together again (laughs).


Habu Mizuho

I’ve always talked a lot with Habu-chan since the early days as well, so we have shared our feelings together. Despite actually being a cheerful person at heart, there was a time when you didn’t have any confidence, so I was often together with you to encourage you, but ever since you cut your hair and became a model you have given a completely different impression. I’m the one being encouraged a lot now (laughs).

You also have a firm way of thinking, and although you may look goofy, I feel that you actually have a very strong core. That’s why just talking to you makes me feel really positive. There was a time when we went on a trip together, talking about life while taking a bath in onsen (laughs), but I hope that we can be friends forever.


Harada Aoi

While you have a more adult look now, the cuteness that shows when you speak even a little still remains, you have always been like a little sister in a good way. Aoi-chan has high communication skills, so you get along well with Hinatazaka46 members, and you have a very good relationship with the 2nd generation members as well, and plays a bridging role between the 1st and the 2nd generation members. How you are also close in age to the 2nd generation members is a contribution that you have given us, that is only unique to you.

I am genuinely happy that you have returned to the group and able to work together as Sakurazaka46.


Moriya Akane

Akane was the vice captain during Keyakizaka46, and working together with you where I was captain was very significant. We also shared a lot of symmetrical positions, and I feel that we have something that each other doesn’t. Because we have the relationship of captain and vice captain, I think that our distance has become closer over the past five years. Akane is very gorgeous and knowledgeable, and you can quickly shorten the distance with people, so you always liven up the place. I can’t do that very well, so I admire your energy.

When I contacted you after the announcement of Sakurazaka46’s new system, you said, “Let’s enjoy our idol life”.


Watanabe Rika

I have the same academic year with Pe-chan, but you're older than me by several months. Although we often talk about our age (laughs), I’ve started feeling, “I’m glad that Pe-chan is here!”, and we encourage each other. When you say, “It’s okay”, it really puts me at ease. We have a very good relationship that could make us think “Let us both do our best!” during difficult dances or physically demanding live performances. That’s why I hope that you can stay the way you are.

You have always been able to speak loudly when together with the members, but recently I think that you have been able to show it in front of the camera more than before. In that sense, you may have changed a little since becoming Sakurazaka46.


Watanabe Risa

My distance with Risa has suddenly grown closer since around 2019. The two of us have been talking more, from trivial talk about daily life to the future of Sakurazaka46, and we’ve become able to understand each other at once by having deep conversations. In the dressing room too, there are many times when I realize you were already by my side, and now we have a relationship where we can say anything to each other.

Risa often teases me, but I think it’s your way of kindness to shorten our distance. You gently give me affirming words like “It’s okay” that become an encouragement to me. On the other hand, when Risa is having a hard time, I would also listen to you, so perhaps "comrade-in-arms" is a fitting way to describe our relationship.


◆◆◆ 2nd Generation Members ◆◆◆


Inoue Rina

I have the impression that Inori-chan has a high batting average in “Soko Magattara, Sakurazaka?”, like people can really count on you, that you will leave a result when someone throws you a joke or something. Personally I find you really funny when you weren’t actually planning to be, like when you stumble on your words. However, there are moments when I feel that you are worried about not leaving any result, or that you are conflicted with your ideals, but I want to tell you that it’s okay to be as you are.

On “Nobody’s fault”, you cried, “I wasn’t selected as title song member”, but I think that from now on there will be countless opportunities where Inori can show your goodness, so I want you to continue smiling.


Endo Hikari

When I met the new 2nd generation girls for the first time, my biggest impression on Endo-chan was how cute you are. You also have a good style, and I’m really interested to see how you will grow from now on. You are modest, and while I think that you may face difficulties in dancing that are different from what you have experienced so far, I’m sure that there are people now watching your hard work, so I want you to show yourself more without worrying anything about the future. I, too, would like to get to know you more deeply.


Ozono Rei

Rei-chan has a unique visual that catches attention, when I watch videos of our performance, I can’t help but be drawn to you. You have no worries, and I always think it’s amazing how courageous you are when we are together. In “Nobody’s fault”, you worked your best as the only new 2nd generation member, and without showing anxiety or unnecessary worries, you quickly caught up and that is very reliable of you.

I feel a dignified atmosphere such as that of a big name actress in you, and I selfishly feel a future where you become an actress (laughs).


Onuma Akiho

I really love Onuma-chan (laughs). We are often positioned next to each other in dancing, and you truly give it your all, and you don't hesitate to make movements, so your dance progresses very quickly. Even now, there are still times when I become stiff or frozen from making a mistake, but it doesn’t happen to you so I think you will quickly learn more and improve, and that I’m really looking forward to your performance.

Moreover, you are very polite, and I think that you are the kind of person anyone would like, so I hope that you could bring out yourself more and become active in various places.


Kousaka Marino

Marino-chan has a truly unique atmosphere, and there are sides that are still unknown to me as well. I feel that you actually have a delicate side, and I wonder if that personality will connect to your expression in various songs, so I’d like to pay attention to it.

In “Naze Koi wo Shite Konakattan darou?” MV there was a part where we used strings, and we talked about many things when we were practicing it in pairs. Since then, our chances to talk have naturally increased, and Marino-chan would say things like “Please take a picture with me” or hold my hands and that makes me happy.

Your mysterious side is also a charm of yours, but as Sakurazaka46’s Sense Queen, I hope that from now on you will continue to open yourself up more.


Seki Yumiko

Personally, Seki-chan is really my type (laughs). You're very kind, and despite your mature appearance there is a huge gap with your boyish enthusiasm for things like games and others that you like, so it feels comfortable to be with you. I hope that you can bring out your unique characteristics as it is.

Your standing figure is like a model, so I truly look forward to your working in a model-like route such as appearing in women’s fashion magazines. You're a young lady, and there might be things you don’t get used to moving from Fukuoka to Tokyo, so I hope that you can rely on me during such times.


Takemoto Yui

Takemocchan is truly a good model junior. You care about the 1st generation members so much that you’re overly concerned about them. Your family members are also so warm, so I think it’s no wonder that you grew up to be such a good girl.

Your appearance and little gestures are cute, but the gap with how good your dance is is also nice. You are passionate about your performance, and I often see you communicating with TAKAHIRO-sensei, our choreographer. You have such a powerful dance, so I also often watch your videos to learn from you.

You're also good at getting around in “Soko Magattara, Sakurazaka?”, and you're smart so you often appear on quiz shows. I’m also looking forward to seeing your individual activities.


Tamura Hono

I think that Hono-chan is a girl with outstanding idol-likeness. Not to mention your visuals, I’m also often drawn by your expressions when performing not only cute songs but also cool ones.

We also share symmetrical positions, so there are many opportunities for us to talk, and you would suddenly make me laugh when we are both nervous. Even when I make a small mistake, you would turn it into a fun laugh, so I am always soothed by you (laughs).


Fujiyoshi Karin

Karin is often in the position next to me, but I feel it’s amazing how you look so good just standing there. This is the same with Hono-chan, but you often come to lessons earlier than others and practice by yourself. You also have a beautiful dance, and being by your side I could feel how your efforts are paying off.

You rarely show it, but I feel that what you hide inside you, such as the strength of your feelings toward the group, is actually very big. That’s why I’d like to support you in whatever you want to do as much as possible.


Masumoto Kira

Kira-chan has a sense that truly hits my sense of humor, such as when you pick the pictures in your blog that make me question why you upload it (laughs). I like that part of you that doesn’t pretend, and I think that your spirit of service in trying your best to make people laugh makes you suitable for an idol. But more than that, you look really cute in pictures, and even though you look so beautiful in photogravure and still images, how you usually make people laugh to the point that they forget about it might be your goodness.

Also, you say “I like Sugai-san!” in various places, so I’d be happy if you continue to like me more from now on as well, and I’d like to joke around with you.


Matsuda Rina

Matsuri-chan is an amazing girl. There are many times when I think that you are raising the motivation of your fellow 2nd generation members, and you have the power of words, such as giving positive words to those around you. You're the type of person that didn't exist in the group before, and you have many sides that I respect, and there are many things that you have helped me with.

You’ve been appointed as the vice captain, but more than half of the members of Sakurazaka46 are 2nd generation, so I want to work together and do our best together, and that’s why I want to create more opportunities to talk with Matsuri-chan than ever before. You have working experience so you're very well-mannered, and you’re also very good at doing background chatter in shows, and I want to learn from you in those aspects. During the group cheer the other day, you gave a very good response with “I got it!”, creating an easy-to-talk atmosphere, and when we were talking with everyone before a live performance you actively said things like, “The 2nd generation members are thinking the same”, and I really relied on you.


Morita Hikaru

You've been selected as the center for Sakurazaka46’s 1st single “Nobody's fault” and 2nd single “BAN”. You’ve always been amazing, but since becoming a center your performance skills have leaped even further. You are courageous, you can make good comments, and you also have the skill to overcome situations that would normally make people fluster, you're a truly amazing girl.

As we work together, you express yourself like you're enjoying everything, but when I watch you from behind, I can see that you are actually a little nervous, so I feel that you must be taking a lot of things on your little back. I want to be of assistance, to help you push further while supporting your back. I hope that you will continue to realize the things that you want to do.


Moriya Rena

Rena-chan is very polite, and would always greet people with a smile. You let out an elegant atmosphere, and I could feel that you have been raised well, and would always look at you while thinking, “So beautiful”. When we performed together, I felt Rena-chan’s impact that would make people say, “So cute!” from seeing you shot on camera for a moment during music shows. That’s why I think more and more people will notice and be drawn by that aura of yours from now on.

You are also good at dancing, good at anything, and I think that you are perfect with Sakurazaka46’s image. Also, I cherish the horse doll you gave me as a birthday present (laughs).


Yamasaki Ten

Ten-chan always surprises me with how far you will grow. You carry a strong will within you, you’re hardworking, and the ideals you're aiming for are very high. You're so reliable that it's hard to believe that you're only 15 years old.

At first you didn't play around much, and I wondered if you were a quiet type who doesn’t show yourself, but when we went out for a meal at the time you said, “I want to change myself, I want to shorten my distance with the people around me”. Since then, perhaps putting that feeling into action, you started playing around and asked to be pampered. I don’t know if you changed consciously or naturally, but I think it’s amazing to see you change in that way. Since then you were selected as the center for “Buddies”, so seeing how you're smiling and having fun makes me feel happy as well. I hope that you will continue to smile a lot and be active with your activities from now on.


---

Translation: tmi
QC: nira
Raw: karl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1