Yuipon’s “Answering 33 questions while taking a walk!” from with magazine's WEB SPECIAL SHOOTING (01 June 2021)



Q1 What is your favourite thing about summer events?

It’s the period when there are many outdoor lives, but actually I dislike summer (laughs). I love to eat ice cream in an air-conditioned room on hot summer days. Recently, I've gotten over the mint chocolate that I didn’t like before, so that’s all I’ve been eating of late. ♡ 


Q2 What is something that you want to do in the summer of 2021?

I want to go to the seaside! I want to walk on the beach.


Q3 What hair style or fashion do you want to try out?

I most definitely can’t do it, but I want to dye my hair orange! I can't show off my skin because I'm always worried about sunburn, so this year I want to wear a camisole or tank top matched with shorts.


Q4 If you could go anywhere, where would you go?

Okinawa, because I have never been there before. I long for the beautiful sea, so I’d like to go scuba diving.


Q5 Please tell us about a summer memory.

Speaking of summer, it was all about club activities. In junior high school, I played the alto saxophone in the brass band club and practiced every day for the summer competition.


Q6 What is your favourite syrup for shaved ice?

I like to add undiluted Calpis. ♡ 


Q7 If you had to choose between a tropical country and hot springs, which would you rather go to?

It’s a tough choice, but I guess hot springs? I want to visit famous places like Kusatsu.


Q8 What’s a big purchase that you’ve made recently?

It’s not a big purchase, but I’m the type of person that would buy a large number of clothes in one go. My favourite brand is TODAYFUL. I like the set I bought recently.


Q9 Is there anything that you want right now?

Water dispenser!!


Theme: Home 

Q10 What was the most delicious dish you made recently?

Recently I haven't had the time to cook much, but the asparagus pork rolls I made were delicious. Most of the time I would cook while reading Cookpad or recipe books. I also make sweets often, and I often make scones that can be made in 10 minutes using pancake mix and baked in a toaster when I’m hungry.


Q11 The first thing you do when you get home?

I want to hear some sounds, so I turn on the TV.


Q12 What’s your favourite thing to do at home?

When I’m watching a drama. Watching dramas while eating ice cream is bliss.


Q13 What do you do before you sleep?

Preparing clothes for tomorrow, and watching “Tsukuru Taberu Haname” on YouTube in bed before I sleep. At night, I would be wearing gelato pique’s pajamas, which are made from soft and comfortable material, to sleep in.


Q14 What drama are you recently into?

I like dramas so much that I would check out almost all the dramas every season. What I like the most out of the Spring season is “Omameda Towako to Sannin no Motootto”! As for past dramas, I like “Unnatural”.


Q15 What do you have on hand when watching a movie at home?

During the stay at home period, I was into potato chips with a richer taste such as truffle salt. ♡


Q16 What do you eat when you suddenly feel hungry at home?

Anything from salty to sweet desserts. I always have 6-pack cheese singles of various flavors on hand.


Q17 What song do you sing with the guitar?

I like Aimyon’s “Hadaka no Kokoro”. I do this for my own satisfaction, so I skip the hard parts and play the easy parts.


Q18 Please tell us what cosmetics you wear a lot recently!

Only Mineral's medicated concealer. It melts easily on the skin, but provides good coverage. For the lips, I like rom&nd's tinted lipstick.


Q19 Has there been any changes in your thinking when it comes to keeping in shape?

I stopped thinking of trying to lose weight through changing my diet. Stress is not good either, so I try to eat what I like. When I gain weight, my face becomes rounder first, so I adjust by eating less rice and taking longer soaks in the bath.


Theme: With magazine

Q20 Who would you like to speak with in with’s feature?

Nagano Mei-san! She’s the same age as me and has been successful among those in our generation, so I’d like to speak with her. But I’d probably be too nervous to say anything when I meet her (laughs).


Q21 Who would you like to try working with among with’s models?

Hirose Alice-san. I'd like to do a feature where seniors and juniors wear each other's clothes.


Q22 Are you the type that would read a horoscope page?

I’d give it a quick glance through and only believe what sounds good to me.


Q23 If you could work with someone from the members as models, who would it be?

Seki Yumiko-chan of the 2nd gen is tall and model-like so I think she would be suitable. I'd like for us to act as coworkers in a work-related dress-up feature.


Q24 What are some pages that you like other than your own feature?

I like the series “Curated Brands for Adults”


Q25 If Yuipon were with’s editor-in-chief, what kind of feature would you want to do?

What I want to do the most is a feature to rescue unused clothes in closets. I’m the type of person who can’t really bring myself to throw out clothes, so I have so many clothes at home I don’t know what to do with them. I am especially fond of shoes and buy them as soon as I find something I like.


Q26 What is something that left an impression on you from a recent photoshoot?

I took pictures with Shizuku-chan the cat for the “T-shirt and headband feature” in with’s June edition, and it was so cute that I’ve become a cat person. I’d like to have a beautiful cat one day.


Q27 Recently the phrase “To be capable while remaining cute” has often appeared in with. What is “cute” for Yuipon?

That’s difficult. I don’t particularly think that I’m cute, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t like myself. In order to make me like myself as much as possible, I wear cosmetics or clothes that I think are cute. It gives me a little more confidence and makes my days more fun. I believe that the things I like make up my cuteness.


Theme: About Sakurazaka46

Q28 Please tell us about your thoughts on the second single "BAN".

I think that there are people who can relate to the lyrics, and I also think that there are people who think the opposite, like “If it were me, I would do this”. Regardless of whether they like or dislike the song or the lyrics, I hope that many people will listen to it, and that something can be conveyed to them even if it’s just a single thing. I especially like the phrase, “We should still have time / before darkness comes”. It makes me feel encouraged, and it makes me want to try just a little bit harder at things I've given up on.


Q29 What are the highlights of the costumes and the MV?

There is a part that uses water, and I think that it has a powerful impact. Also, the dancing was particularly intense and difficult this time. We all got sore muscles (laughs), but the way everyone was dancing so hard really resonated with me. The theme of the music video was "flight", so the navy blue x white costumes had pleated fabric on the sleeve that resembled bird feathers, and the way they swayed when we danced was impressive. We filmed on Awaji Island, and everyone drank the milk from there, saying it was delicious. By the way, I didn't drink it (laughs).


Q30 Please tell us an inside story from the drama “Borderless”.

I feel that I have become good friends with Nogizaka46’s Hayakawa Seira-chan. There was a scene in the drama where Seira-chan held me in her arms for a long time, and it was very comfortable. It felt so comforting that even when the camera wasn’t rolling, we stayed in that position for some reason while chatting. Seira-chan is the talkative type, so I just listened to her. Since we played sisters, it makes me really happy that she calls me "big sis". I hope that we can meet outside of work as well. The official memorial book was also released on May 27th, so please check it out~!


Q31 What has moved you recently?

The production for a music show. I was moved by the very elaborate production, with the use of water and flying cherry blossom petals. [CDTV Live! Live! 19 April 2021]


Q32 What do you think you will be doing in 5 years’ time?

I wonder what I will be doing when I am 26? I can't imagine what I'll be doing for work, but in my private life, I hope I'll be an adult who can communicate a little better. I'd like to be able to establish myself in the group through my acting, so I hope that in the future, I can challenge myself in that area.


Theme: Recent things

Q33 What are your goals recently?

I want to find a new hobby. Right now, I'm interested in film cameras. After I buy a camera that I like, I would like to go out for a walk with it.

-----

Source (with more pictures)

Translation: toomuchidea

QC: Cirrus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1