68 Things about Ten Yamasaki (ViVi September 2021)

 


Q1 Favorite color?


Blue. I’m the type of person who changes her favorite color from time to time. But it seems that I often wear blue in Summer. There are many items with shades of blue in the new clothes I get. Also I used to be against blue eyeshadow, but during ViVi’s photoshoot I thought that it’s cute if I put in a little bit of it as a point.


Q2 Favorite body part?


Downy hair. I often receive a lot of styling from ViVi that makes good use of downy hair! I never thought of my downy hair as a charm point before, but I started to think that it’s interesting!


Ears. I like how my ears are pointy like aliens. My ears are very soft, so when I want to relax or when I have a headache I would touch it and loosen up.


Q3 Is your height growing?


Yes. I’m about 167cm tall now. Recently my growth spurt has been bad. I couldn’t dance. I grew the most between 5th to 6th year of elementary school. I grew 13cm!


Q4 Good part of your nails?


How there is a feeling of cleanliness.


Q5 Which beauty mark do you like the most?


The one I like the most is the beauty mark that stands out on the right chin.


Q6 What kind of lesson wear do you wear?


I often wear shirts with loose pants.


Q7 Tell us who your oshimen is!


Onuma (Akiho)-chan. Onuma-chan can compose songs. She took a number of rhythms, layered them all, she also drew drawings, and turned them into a video. Recently she also picked up ocarina! She sends good night sleep ocarina videos, but the sound is terrible (laughs). Since she just started (laughs). I find her unpredictable feelings interesting.


Q8 Favorite food?


Tomato


Q9 At what time do you decide to update your blog?


Every time there is a number of pictures that I want to upload, I would spend a few days writing it. It’s always like that.


Q10 Tell us your routine before you go live!


I don’t like to always do the same thing, so I would change it. I don't think people can tell the difference, but I would change my makeup with a feeling that I hope they would notice it. Also by switching my feelings, I think it sets the mood of the day.


Q11 What is something you received from members that made you happy?


A snake plushie given by Matsuda Rina for my birthday. I would wrap it around my neck when I sleep (laughs).


Q12 Have you ever fought with a member before?


Never. I’m not the type that can fight, I don’t fight much with my defiant, fighter of sister[s] too (laughs).


Q13 Which member do you think you might be more mature with?


Masumoto Kira. Her mental age hasn’t changed at all since the time I took the audition (laughs). It feels like she’s in the first year of middle school. At the final screening, me and Kira-chan were seated next to each other, so we talked a lot. I thought, “Whoa this person is really interesting” and we really strike it up, but even when I’m at this age already, Kira-chan stayed the same as she was back then (laughs).


Q14 Is there anything that you want to ask the fans?


I want to ask them what made them into a fan, and why.


Q15 Among the members, whose eyes do you like?


Ah, this is difficult! There’s a lot. Is it okay to put them equally in the 1st place? Kousaka Marino-chan, Moriya Akane-san, Ozono Rei-chan. The eyes of those three have strong individuality, and they made good use of their wonderful eyes in performance! When I drew a picture of Ozono Rei-chan’s eyes, she was very happy (laughs). I also took pictures of Moriya Akane-san’s eyes… Such things happen, right? (laughs).


Q16 Is there a name for Ten-chan's fans?


Recently fans have given it the name “Tenshi / Angel (天使)”! But I also receive opinions that it feels embarrassing to be called an Angel (laughs).


Q17 If you could produce goods, what would you make?


Telescope! I thought it would be great if there is a telescope that allows you to keep looking at the member you like.


Q18 Which one you don’t want the most? Music disappearing from this world, or snacks disappearing from this world?


Ehhh! This is tough. Really tough one… I think it’s harder for me if music disappears from this world.


Q19 Which one do you like the most? Sunflower seeds or cumin seeds?


Cu-Cumin seeds? (I never ate either of them before…)


Q20 Bread team? Rice team?


Hmm~ I wonder, I think I’m into bread right now (Though if it’s between porridge or bread, then I would choose porridge…)


Q21 When you eat stew, do you put it on your rice? Or do you eat it as it is?


I can do either, but if you ask which one I’m leaning to, then as it is.


Q22 What would you choose if you can only eat that one dish?


Spicy dry curry.


Q23 Sandwich filling that will raise your excitement?


Definitely tuna.


Q24 Favorite tempura?


Asparagus.


Q25 Sweet tamagoyaki or salty?


Salty.


Q26 Something that you would always buy in Lawson?


Edamame.


Q27 Tsubuan or Koshian? 


I’m bad with red beans in general.


Q28 What is always stocked in your refrigerator?


The umeboshi my grandpa made. It’s very salty, it’s delicious. I would eat it with porridge, or I would mix it with plain hot water and drink it.


Q29 Are you good at playing the flute?


Whether I’m good or not, I don’t really like it. I might not have liked high pitched tone. That’s why I started to think that the low pitched tone of an alto flute is nice (laughs).


Q30 Multiplication table you are bad with?


Multiplications of seven. Is 7 x 8 = 56, I have no idea (laughs).


Q31 What color was your ransel backpack?


Fully pink! Like barbie dolls and such. I love the movie “High School Musical”, and the female character named Sharpay lives with all things pink (laughs). I really long for that, and decided to go with pink.


Q32 If you can pick your own seat in the classroom, where will you sit down?


Whoa… It doesn't have to be at the end, but I prefer to sit in the back. Don’t you hate it when people can see what you are writing? (laughs)


Q33 Can you circle around the high bar?


I don’t think I can. I wasn’t good at the jungle gym either. I don’t like climbing poles (laughs). I loved the swing.


Q34 Can you do double jump rope?


I think I can.


Q35 What is your favorite element?


Sodium (laughs).


Q36 Which one do you like? The moon or the stars?


The moon.


Q37 What time of the sky does Ten-chan like?


When the dawn gets brighter. Around 4-5AM. I like it.


Q38 What kind of fetish do you have?


Eyes and shoulders. I really like to put my head on a member’s shoulder (laughs). It’s quite comfortable. I like shoulders that give me a suitable feeling. Among the members, I really like Fujiyoshi Karin’s shoulders. It’s slender, but it gives off a nice feeling (laughs).


Q39 Your favorite move in janken?


Stone.


Q40 Favorite number?


10. Because I’m “Ten” (laughs).


Q41 Who is your favorite historical figure?


Ehh! Himiko?


Q42 What are you currently into?


Camera. I recently got a film camera. There will be a live event soon, so I hope to be able to take a lot of pictures then!


Q43 Are you the type that would immediately reply?


I’m really bad at it. I’m bad at writing, like what should I write as a reply. I think about it a lot. I worry about how the other person will take it, so I think I still prefer a phone call...


Q44 From which feet do you wear your socks?


I think it's from the right


Q45 If you could have a superpower, what would you choose?


The ability to speak with snakes.


Q46 Is there any past mistake that you want to redo if you can?


When I was in 1st, 2nd year of elementary school I had the same teacher as a homeroom teacher. And the first lesson during our 1st year was really tough (laughs) I don’t like that, so I don’t have any memories from the 2nd year (laughs), so I want to return and have more fun.


Q47 If Ten-chan is a snake, which member would you want to be kept by?


Seki Yumiko. Seems like she will feed me decently.


Q48 How do you calm down your nerves?


I think I’m not the type that gets really nervous. But when I take my first drama audition, I just have this weird tension, and I always laugh from finding everything funny. So much that people say that I’m being weird. Perhaps that’s me being nervous (laughs). So I guess laughing is the way…?


Q49 Which Hollywood star do you like?


Anne Hathaway. I have watched “The Devil Wears Prada” dozens of times already.


Q50 Do you carry a lot of items? Or a small amount?


It’s always been small until now. So much that I think I’m fine with just carrying my phone (laughs). But I wanted to have a big bag (laughs). I heard that the bigger the bag, the better suited one is as a mother (laughs). Since then the items I carry have started to increase.


Q51 Do you check the magazine and TV shows you are appearing in?


Yes. Not everything, but I guess that I want to check it myself before people say something to me. In variety shows, I would go, “Why didn't I say this at that time?”. If it's a magazine, I would go, “If they took it like this, then it should be this pose”. I would reflect on it and learn to be better next time. I don’t get upset by it, and I’m the type who would feel uneasy instead if I can’t find something like that (laughs).


Q52 Favorite flower?


Smoke tree.


Q53  Where do you want to go on your first date?


I want to go around while eating food. I don’t like people looking at me eating, so rather than taking our time to eat, I think it’s more fun to do it while walking around. It’s best if the partner is someone who doesn’t mind silence (laughs). It doesn't matter whether they are same-sex or opposite sex, I like people who are comfortable with silence.


Q54 Tell us a secret that is only revealed here!


Today I woke up 15 minutes before leaving.


Q55 Among the 47 prefectures, which one do you want to visit?


Hokkaido. I want to see snow piling up sideways.


Q56 What item do you hesitate about throwing away?


I don’t hesitate. If I want to throw it, then I’ll throw it right away. On the things that are memorable, I take a picture of it and then part with it. Or rather, I don’t want to create things like that. I’ll miss it when I part with it.


Q57 The biggest animal you've ever seen until now?


Elephant. But gorilla looks bigger. Have you ever seen a gorilla's back? It looks so cool. I thought, “Whoa!”.


Q58 Do you have a verbal habit?


“I wonder”, “That’s right”, “Yes”, “I see”, “Might be so”... I think there might be a lot of interjections… See? (laughs)


Q59 Are you competitive?


I don’t like losing, but I think I’m not that competitive. A type that can’t do her best if I don’t use my frustrations as leverage. When I look back, I often wonder if I worked hard enough back then. But there might be competitive sides of me that I’m not aware of… I don’t compare myself to others, but I do respect them. Like, this person is cool, and it became my motivation. That’s why the other ViVi models really motivate me a lot.


Q What is your phone wallpaper?


TWICE’s Chaeyoung. I really like her. Her fashion and such are so stylish, it's really cool how she has her own style.


Q61 Ten-chan, have you ever got angry?


I get mad at things that are common sense. Such as following the rules, I do say, “Do it properly” when people don't have that sense of responsibility.


Q62 You have five minutes of break time. What would you do?


I will definitely listen to music. Right now I really like Mom’s “Skirt”.


Q63 A planning you would like to do in ViVi?


“Impersonating planning”. I love Shinko-chan from “Crayon Shin-chan”, I want to impersonate her (laughs).


Q64 Who is your oshi among ViVi models?


Ariana Sakura-san, who is really my type. We only passed each other in TGC, but I think that she’s really cute. And she draws too, right? I also like drawing.


Q65 What do people around you say when it was announced that you will be an exclusive model?


A lot of fans told me, “Amazing” “Congratulations”. They also said that they already signed for the magazine subscription, that made me grateful.


Q66 What did you feel when it was decided that you become an exclusive model?


I still feel nervous. There are truly so many new discoveries, such as wearing hair styles and clothes I never appeared with before, bringing out facial expressions I have never done before, so I feel like I can grow up every time and it’s really fun. Today’s makeup is also something I always wanted to do, natural eyelashes! I was so happy. For fashion too, there was a time where I received the combination of girly, casual, and sporty, and I thought “Eh! This is so cute!” and I started thinking of using it myself! That kind of range has been expanded in various ways since I became a ViVi model.


Q67 Is there anything that made you surprised recently


Dior’s new product, the lipstick that won’t stick onto your mask. It has such an adult color… There’s a version with black cap, but I was surprised at number 200!


Q68 And last, message for ViVi readers!


I am still full of faults, but I hope to grow while making good use of them!


---

Translation: tmi

Raw & QC: kiryu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1