From 1st Generation: To keep blooming “in a sweet and bold way” (with magazine September 2021 edition)


Q It’s been about 10 months since the renaming. What is the Sakurazaka46 image that you see right now?


Sugai: When we do our group circle, we say the slogan, “In a sweet and bold way”. I hope that we could be a group that is beautiful while carrying a heart that doesn’t waver easily.


Kobayashi: When we appeared on the “MUSIC STATION SUPER LIVE” last year on Christmas, we wore stylish white pants looks, but I feel that that costume is expressing the strength of our feelings, it really feels right. I think that from now on the group image that we should aim for will naturally be decided.



Koike: I thought that since we became Sakurazaka46, the song's protagonist has really grown. Perhaps because of that, the members start to gradually show themselves more and more. But it’s not just a matter of doing what each person wants to do, but also taking in the opinions of the people around them, and I think that we are able to show new expressions.


Sugai: The reason I entered this world was originally because I thought, “Women who carve their own path with opinion and power are cool”. I feel that I am getting closer to the image of a woman I long for at the start together with the songs.


Kobayashi: That’s right. When I entered this world at 15 years old, I think there were some parts of Keyaki songs that I overlap with. I was the kind of person who does everything on my own, but when I became 19 years old, there were times where I thought I could rely on my friends. I really thought about how reassuring it is to have friends who shared the same goal as me.


Sugai: Though even now there are still people around me who say things such as, “But you guys are actually in a bad relationship, right?” (laughs).


Koike: Rather than wanting to show myself, right now I am only interested in myself in the group. Rather than polishing myself as an individual, I think that there is an awareness to overcome my yesterday’s self as a member of Sakurazaka46.


Q What do you think is the difference between 1st generation and 2nd generation?


Sugai: I think that the 1st generation members have settled down after various experiences. 2nd generation members all have different types and personalities, when they are being playful then they get very playful, there are many assertive girls. I feel that they are moving at their own pace, and living their own lives.


Kobayashi: I think that when a 1st generation looks at 2nd generation members, they will definitely think, “It feels like seeing us in the past”. Their worries and conflicts are similar to what we experienced in the past, there are times when we can only live for the group, and there are times when we try to move forward while cherishing ourselves more. I already experienced things such as getting worried, coming to a pause, making mistakes and so on in general. So when I hear about where the 2nd generation members are in right now, I would be like, “Oh, I see.”


Q Of all the professions in the world, there are a few that are as multitasking (switching between multiple jobs in parallel) as idols. Isn’t it hard to be required to be able to do so many different skills?


Kobayashi: I guess being an idol means to be able to do everything. To be an idol means to nicely do all your jobs, whether it’s singing, dancing, acting, or variety. You can’t stay in the same place forever, so I think that everyone is searching for something that they are good at.


Koike: I dreamed of becoming an idol since I was a child, so I feel grateful everyday that my dream could come true and do what I love. That’s why I want to do everything with a drive.


Sugai: This job allows me to hear directly from the people who support me. I can feel that I am helping someone, even for just a little bit. If we didn’t know whether our thoughts reached the people or not, it would be very confusing and painful, but to know that it properly does has become the motivation to everything.


Koike: When I was a child, I couldn’t fit in school, but idols saved me. I want to give courage to the people who were like me in the past. That is the reason why I’m doing this now.


Kobayashi: In a group, we can respect each other’s abilities, and that is what makes us want to do our best. I think that is one of the strengths of being in a group.


Sugai: I have experienced a lot of frustrations, but the reason I was able to overcome it was because of everyone. I think that the trials we have experienced so far have become steps for us to move forward.


~~~~


Sugai Yuuka


Born 29th November 1995. From Tokyo. Blood type AB.


Q What person comes to mind when you hear the word “professional”?


Nanao-san


Q What are your memories from field trips as a child?


When I was a high school student, I had a one-day experience as a kindergarten teacher as childcare training, and I learned the joy of working and the difficulty and nobility of taking care of lives.


Q What do you think is the difference between a professional and an amateur?


A professional is someone who prioritizes responsibility over their own will. I think that a professional is someone who works to help others, not alone, and can produce results with a team.


Q This is what professional about Sakurazaka46 members


Uemura Rina: Noticing things. She is observant of people, and often notices changes.


Ozeki Rika: Caring. If something happened, she would reach out.


Koike Minami: Moe lines. Her cute lines in Kansai dialect are truly cute.


Kobayashi Yui: Stoic attitude towards performance (dance). She's also very fast at memorizing choreography.


Saito Fuyuka: Making the place exciting. The dressing room became brighter with Fuuchan there.


Habu Mizuho: Socializing. She often makes others laugh.


Harada Aoi: Facing her studies. She studies in the dressing room in preparation for quiz shows.


Moriya Akane: Beauty. She lives a productive way for beauty, and is very knowledgeable about it.


Watanabe Rika: Comforting. Just by having her there a gentle time would pass by.


Watanabe Risa: Model. Sometimes her face changes when she stands in front of the camera.


Inoue Rina: Smooth talker with a sharp mind. I rely on her when it comes to speaking.


Endo Hikari: Elegantness. She’s also good at dancing. There is an individuality that others don’t have.


Ozono Rei: Fighting spirit. She looks cool, but there is a hidden fire inside her.


Onuma Akiho: Creativeness and world-view. She can compose her own songs too. A unique, only-one presence.


Kousaka Marino: Mysteriousness and choice of words. She has a unique sense with that vibe.


Seki Yumiko: Enthusiastic about the things that suit her. She has great style with stylish clothes.


Takemoto Yui: Attitude towards work. She doesn't neglect her preparations on anything.


Tamura Hono: Smile. There is no shortage of cuteness.


Fujiyoshi Karin: Particularities. She put more particularities in her performance than others.


Masumoto Kira: Making others happy. Her tricky behavior is also done to service others.


Matsuda Rina: Attitude in making herself useful for others.  She can turn her feelings to help someone into action.


Morita Hikaru: Adaptability. She can make any kind of song genre into her own.


Moriya Rena: Girlfriend-vibe. She has that quality that makes you want to protect her.


Yamasaki Ten: Getting spoiled. Her junior-likeness stands above the rest.



Kobayashi Yui


Born 23rd October 1999. From Saitama. Blood type A.


Q What person comes to mind when you hear the word “professional”?


Craftsmen who make traditional handicrafts and such.


Q What are your memories from field trips as a child?


When I was in elementary school, I had the opportunity to make Japanese paper and indigo dye. When I see the craftsmen who protect the traditions of Japan with their own hands, I learned that this is what it means to have a job that you can be proud of.


Q What do you think is the difference between a professional and an amateur?


Professionals are people who have strong feelings towards their work. I get the impression that they are people who take responsibility and pride in their work, and fight for it in the front lines. Amateurs, on the other hand, seem to have less responsibility to bear. But it doesn’t mean that they don't take responsibility for their work, I think that they adapt to it to their own level and condition.


Q This is what professional about Sakurazaka46 members


Uemura Rina: Taking care of others.


Ozeki Rika: Caring.


Koike Minami: Hardwork.


Saito Fuyuka: Making the members have fun.


Sugai Yuuka: Paying attention to the members.


Habu Mizuho: Good at praising.


Harada Aoi: Getting loved.


Moriya Akane: Beauty.


Watanabe Rika: Pursuing what she likes.


Watanabe Risa: Sense of stability.


Inoue Rina: Getting teased.


Endo Hikari: Solidifying the dance.


Ozono Rei: Communication ability.


Onuma Akiho: Walks on her own unique path.


Kousaka Marino: Sharp tongue.


Seki Yumiko: Adorable big sis.


Takemoto Yui: Talking about stories.


Tamura Hono: Managing her facial expressions.


Fujiyoshi Karin: Expressionist.


Masumoto Kira: Not getting discouraged.


Matsuda Rina: Raising excitement.


Morita Hikaru: Interpreting songs.


Moriya Rena: Fan service.


Yamasaki Ten: Who knows the group and the members best.



Koike Minami


Born 14th November 1998. From Hyogo. Blood type B.


Q What person comes to mind when you hear the word “professional”?


Something all jobs have in common is to be polite. If you are an artist, then someone who can charm even by actions.


Q What are your memories from field trips as a child?


My first work experience was at a nursing home, and I learned that not only you have to be kind to everyone, but that you also have to be hard-hearted and strict not just for yourself but also for your fellow workers and others.


Q What do you think is the difference between a professional and an amateur?


I think a professional is someone who can move on to the next goal or task with a drive when they accomplish a goal or a task, without getting too immersed in the sense of accomplishment.


Q This is what professional about Sakurazaka46 members


Uemura Rina: Fairy.


Ozeki Rika: Being loved.


Kobayashi Yui: Stoic-ness and making sweets.


Saito Fuyuka: Affection.


Sugai Yuuka: Broad-mindedness.


Habu Mizuho: Making people fall for her and winning their hearts.


Harada Aoi: To always be 5 years old.


Moriya Akane: Beauty figure.


Watanabe Rika: Princesses.


Watanabe Risa: Beauty.


Inoue Rina: A little bit rebellious.


Endo Hikari: Earnestness.


Ozono Rei: Straightforward (in terms of things she made up her mind to).


Onuma Akiho: Boldness and naming things.


Kousaka Marino: Retorting.


Seki Yumiko: Game.


Takemoto Yui: Getting spoiled.


Tamura Hono: Hard-worker.


Fujiyoshi Karin: Getting immersed in performance and songs.


Masumoto Kira: World-view.


Matsuda Rina: Making others laugh.


Morita Hikaru: Making sure her forelocks always look nice.


Moriya Rena: Always so sweet it’s like cheating.


Yamasaki Ten: Variation of expressions.


---

Translation: toomuchidea
QC, raw: Kiryu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1