Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 2 / 2

[PART ONE HERE]

Seki Yumiko

“Even now I still remember how when we met for the first time, Sugai-san continued to look at me with a smile on her face. I also remember seeing her put so much power into closing her lipstick that she broke it (laughs), but that is also one of my memories. Sugai-san was someone who kindly united the group together. I’m happy to have been able to be in a group that Sugai-san is a captain in. Thank you very much for everything until now. Please be even happier from now on.”

Yuuka: Personally, Yumi-chan is really my type (laughs). She is always so beautiful, with good proportions and stylish, so much so that I kept following her with my eyes in the dressing room as well. She is also good at going with whatever mood or feelings you may have, so she is someone that even girls long for. She’s very brilliant as a “Masatsukeisuu” senbatsu member, and I was taken aback when she did expressions I have never seen before. I hope that the confidence she gained from that experience will make Yumi-chan shine even brighter in the future. Personally, I’d like to see Yumi-chan doing even more jobs as a model.  And I hope that in the middle of it, Yumi-chan could find a lot of happiness.


Takemoto Yui

“Sugai-san is the symbol of Sakurazaka46 who has continued to protect the group with pure kindness. It warms your heart when you talk to her. Someone who envelopes your worries like a sponge. Whenever I would talk to her about my concerns, no matter how trivial, she always took me seriously. I thought about how lucky I am to have been able to become Sugai-san’s junior. I feel so sad that I can’t even imagine a day-to-day without Sugai-san, but we will do our best. Truly, congratulations on your graduation! Please always be happy!”

Yuuka: Yui-chan has always been easy to speak with from the start, she has also helped me out as well, she is truly a junior you can rely on. That moment when we overcame a radio live broadcast and felt a sense of accomplishment together has become a very nice memory. We have similarities in liking horses, she would say “Have you seen that horse CM?” and showed me the video (laughs). I’ve been soothed by her in that respect as well. She’s smart and often relied on. So I hope that she doesn’t push herself by trying to carry the burden all by herself, and rely on the members around her. I also think that she will be leading Sakurazaka46’s dance from now on, I look forward to it.


Tamura Hono

“I’ve been helped a lot by Yuuka-san ever since I entered the group, and even recently there was a moment when Yuuka-san hugged me when I couldn’t stop crying. I wanted to be of help to Yuuka-san, and have been thinking of wanting to be someone she can rely on even for just a little, but I couldn’t do it at all and I just end up being the one led. I think that there must have been times when she would sacrifice herself but Yuuka-san, the great captain that she is, was always considerate and kind at all times, regardless. Yuuka-san is loved by everyone. I truly love you. I was happy to have been able to enter a group captained by Yuuka-san”

Yuuka: Looking back, I was really glad that I shared a symmetrical position with Hono-chan in “Nobody’s fault” and “BAN”. Hono-chan carries a lot of expectations, has experienced being center, and given the chance to appear in many shows. I was worried that it might be busy and hard for her, but Hono-chan always says “I’m ok!” with a smile on her face. But still, sometimes she would suddenly show a tired look. Having her heart heal with the things she enjoys, I hope she can rely on her friends and work together with them without pushing herself too hard.


Fujiyoshi Karin

“Congratulations on your graduation. Being able to convey my feelings and having a proper discussion with you in 2022’s W-KEYAKI FES was my strongest memory with Sugai-san. It wasn't just with KEYAKI FES, Sugai-san has always been someone who tries to communicate with all the members and someone who makes the place feel harmonious. I remember how Sugai-san talked to me with such a kind smile when I first entered the group. Thank you very much for always treating me with kindness since then! I hope that Sugai-san’s future will be filled with plenty of happiness.”

Yuuka: Karin-chan has an unwavering sense of self and pace, and I think that there must be so many people attracted to her because of those unique charms. When I conveyed to the members what I had decided after talking with various people, Karin-chan still continued to convey to me her thoughts until the very end. A person with such strong persistence like her is rare these days. I often performed next to Karin-chan, and I always felt that she’s good at using her flexible body and her charms to draw people’s attention. I hope that she can continue to enjoy her group activities while working together with everyone.”


Masumoto Kira

“In order not to lose the polaroid picture that we took together while wearing “Oyabun” and “Kobun” (“Boss” and “Henchman”) t-shirts, I put it on my phone case and always carry it around with me. Sugai-san is someone who is like the sun to me, it is because Sugai-san lights the way so we can walk forward. This is the first time I ever seriously thought about ways to rewind time. I wanted to spend more time together with you. Though I am sure that even if we have spent a decade together, I would still think the same way. That is just how much being close to Sugai-san warms and comforts me. From now on, please make a lot of people happy, and to be even more happy! I will always love you!”

Yuuka: She is one of the members who changed the atmosphere of the group, in a good way. She is very pure and serious about entertaining the people around her, and I love the time I spent looking at Kira-chan’s cuteness. But even though she’s very proactive towards the other 1st gen members, she rarely comes to me, whom she calls Oyabun (laughs). Since the 2nd Tour, Kira-chan started sharing funny videos she made with me during rehearsals and warmed my bib. It makes me feel a bit lonely knowing it will be the last time… She's been making me laugh more and before I knew it, Kira-chan had become the person that comforted me during my busy daily life. Kira-chan said that she respected me, how I saved her when she felt troubled. When she told me, “There is not a single mistake from what Sugai-san has done”, I was so happy. From now on too, continue to be my number one disciple, okay?


Matsuda Rina

“Congratulations on your graduation! I’ve been feeling sad ever since I learned of your graduation, and I am filled with a lot of worries. But now, I want us to grow into a brilliant group so that Yuuka-san doesn’t feel worried when you graduate. I’m truly glad that I could have a Captain - Vice captain relationship with Yuuka-san. Yuuka-san is reliable, but there’s a part of her that is an airhead (laughs). She is someone who is kind and warm towards others and makes people smile. I've been greatly helped by her as well. I will continue to cheer for Yuuka-san’s future path!”

Yuuka: I’d like to tell Matsuri, “Truly, thank you very much for becoming Vice captain!”. I felt moved when I realized that we understand each other and have the same feelings, I was saved by it. It’s not easy to keep your heart calm and stable, and even though Matsuri-chan’s schedule is even busier than mine, she always stays energetic and brightens everyone up. I feel that everyone’s hearts are moved by seeing her giving things her best effort. It’s really amazing and I respect it, but I also worry that she might be pushing herself too hard sometimes. It’s okay to take a breather once in a while. If you have a worry that you can’t talk with the other members about and just can’t seem to figure out, feel free to reach out to me!


Morita Hikaru

“In the 1st Tour’s “Kimi to Boku no Sentakumono” performance, Sugai-san would poke on my cheek, and every time I secretly looked forward to what she would do. At the beginning, she held my leg as I was sleeping, and she would also stroke me during rehearsals, it was so cute and it made me happy as well. Sugai-san has always been so kind. From the day we first met until now, she always represents the group without showing any gloomy look no matter what the situation is. Truly, thank you very much. Sugai-san, congratulations on your graduation. I love Sugai-san’s bursting smile!”

Yuuka: Run-chan’s greatness is in how she could make any song her own. And how she could properly respond to what was expected of her, even in situations where one would normally feel pressured. I’m truly glad that Run-chan joined Sakurazaka46. She is usually easygoing and seems optimistic, and we have a similar sense of humor so the times when we just couldn’t stop laughing was very fun. I think that she is an all-rounder who can do anything, so I hope that she can continue to have fun while taking it easy.


Moriya Rena

“Yuuka-san is elegant, kind, and her smile is also wonderful. She is someone I long for as a woman. There’s so many things that I am grateful for. Truly, thank you very much. I’d like to work even harder so that Yuuka-san can graduate with a peace of mind. I shared a symmetrical position with Yuuka-san in “Masatsukeisuu”, and the time when we rehearsed the part where we faced each other a lot has become a treasured memory. I think that Yuuka-san is truly someone with a pure heart. I will always love and admire her, and I hope that I can be a senior like Yuuka-san. Truly, thank you very much for all your hard work up until now”

Yuuka: Recently, I’ve been feeling a gap from Rena in a good way (laughs). When I thought that a beautiful, reliable, elegant young lady had entered the group, it turns out she also had a mischievous side. But I think that gap of hers is the reason why she is loved, and I think that she's also resourceful in that she can produce results with one thing and connect it to the next. I expect that in the future, she will be an indispensable presence in Sakurazaka46. While she usually puts up a cutesy act, I think that dropping the act and just showing her true self will lead to interesting things. I look forward to what kind of senior Renaa will become!


Yamasaki Ten

“Sugai-san treats everyone with respect, and I am always surprised with her attention to detail. No matter how busy she gets, she never forgets to smile and care for others. She is someone that I respect both as a Captain and as an individual. Personally, Yuuka-san’s clumsy side really clicked with my sense of humor, and it always made me smile. The usual Yuuka-san is simply a very cute and funny person. I think that I have been greatly helped by Yuuka-san. What Yuuka-san, who was the pillar and great power of the group, left behind is the asset and treasure of Sakurazaka46. I am very grateful to be able to work with her up until now”

Yuuka: Every day, I am always surprised with the speed of Ten-chan’s growth. As she interacts with a lot of people, her way of thinking has matured. I think it’s wonderful how she has become a flexible person. When I wanted to ask 2nd gen for their opinion, I got the impression that I often asked Ten-chan about it. From now on, I think that there might be more things that she needs to carry as someone who leads Sakurazaka46, but I am sure that Ten-chan will be able to carry on while working with the people around her without taking it upon herself alone. And if there would be times that she'd find difficult, I’ll always lend her an ear! I’m Ten-chan’s ally!

—-

Translation: toomuchidea

QC: keishi, reicar, cirrus

Raw: nira


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1