Sakurazaka46's 3rd generation members feature on "anan" magazine vol. 2353

 


Ishimori Rika

When asked about “What is your charm point?”, Ishimori Rika-san answered with a cute voice, “I really don’t have any confidence in my styling, but if I have to say what is one of my strong points, I think it’s my long neck.”

“I think that I have a pretty bone line that makes me look slender. During my morning and evening skincare routine when I’m applying my lotion, I’d especially focus on the lymph drainage around my neck so it flows better. Also since I have a slender waist, I long to have a well-defined body line just like Nagi (Kojima Nagisa-chan). She has a curved hip and hipline, it really is the perfect balance right? Every time we meet I would go ‘Ah, I want to have this kind of style’”.

Such Ishimori-san practiced her body make-over by putting it in her daily life. “I’m worried about my bow legs, that’s why every time my schedule is free, I will immediately go to get it fixed to a physiotherapist, thanks to that it has become a lot straighter. Also, I like to cook, and I try to cook stuff filled with vegetables and high protein fish.” She also exercises during her commute time. “If I searched for my destination for the day, and it’s within one hour of walking, I’ll walk there. Maybe thanks to that routine, even if I don’t move my body outside of dance lessons, I think I manage to maintain my body line. Also I don’t really measure my weight, but when I tried measuring it, I felt relieved because it hasn't changed from when I was a highschooler. From now on too, I hope I, who has a gentle personality, will continue to maintain my body at my own pace.”


Endo Riko

Endo Riko-san who seems like a dignified class president at first glance, truth is she’s actually really friendly. “Maybe it’s because I love dogs? People said to me that when we know each other better, I’d be like a dog and different from their first impression.”, she answered us with a carefree smile.

She answered immediately with “My mental and physical strength” when being asked about the points about herself that she’s confident in. “I’m inexperienced in dancing, and in my generation, I’m the worst at dancing. Normally, it would be really heart wrecking if I still can’t dance if I already came this far, but I would think that I can still do it, and so I’m able to continue to move. I might have the best patience at this thing in my generation.”

The song that she wants to challenge is the song that has most difficult choreography, “Nagaredama”. “But, to be able to dance to this song, I have to have a good body core. That’s why right now I’m practicing my best to train my abs. I’m currently doing the ‘Sit-up that doesn’t completely lift your body up.’, only until I can see my belly button. Besides abs, I also want to train my legs. My leg is easy to gain weight, that’s why I’m searching for leg training that is easy and the one where you’re able to do it while laying down so I can continue to do it as a routine, I also installed a pedometer app and will walk until I hit 10 km. I want to lose weight quickly! My ideal is Masumoto Kira-san’s legs that even though they're really skinny, she can dance with them. In my generation, I like Murayama Miu’s legs. Even though it’s skinny, she has muscles in her calves, and it looks like it shows Miu’s stoic personality.”

Not losing to Endo-san who has a strong mentality, “3rd generation also has a strong core!”. “Even though I may look like I’m fragile, I actually have a good grip on myself and am a hard-worker that is able to absorb what I learn immediately. Even though I’m on the side that is often being taught by everyone, everyone would teach me really well, and never leave me behind. Even though I thought I would have a more heated rivalry with my genmates… (laughs). But I move forward with the belief that with these 3rd generation, I’d be able to dance any kind of songs. “


Odakura Reina

Odakura Reina-san who came to the dressing room with something (?!) pink with fluffy material. The answer is, a personal pillow that she brought everywhere so she can take a nap anytime she’s free. “Lately I have been making a conscious effort to get as much sleep as possible. My goal is 8 hours, but it’s also often that I sleep for around 6 to 7 hours, that’s why, to increase my sleep quality, when I get home, I would soak myself in the bath, and will try to not touch my smartphone 30 minutes before sleep. And when I get enough sleep, I will be able to quickly remember the choreography, and move my body the way I want it. Moreover, my skin condition will also be great.”

Also when she’s doing her make-up, she would not rest her back at the chair’s backrest and would sit straight. “When I was in elementary school, I learned tea ceremony from a teacher that’s harsh with manners. I think I got my posture right now because of that time”. Moving on from the tea ceremony, after that Odakura-san also learned golf and violin. Moreover, she also said that her experience helped her when performing as Sakurazaka46. “Since when practicing violin, I would stand for a long period, through playing, I’m able to keep track of my cores at all times. It helps me to spin and stop without messing it up when dancing. Moreover, since I think having a good body core is important, along with having a good sleep, I want to spend time doing basic muscle training.”

The way she talks carefully with grace, reflects the dignity of the previous lady members of Sakurazaka46 such as Sugai Yuuka-san and Seki Yumiko-san. And when we tell her that, she humbly said “That… sure is a lot of pressure…” but then, she continued herself. “Not only in fierceness and strength, I think that the way we express emotion subtly is also Sakurazaka46’s charm… That was also the reason I applied for the audition. Someday I also want to be someone who can express a delicate and beautiful expression just like the seniors.”


Kojima Nagisa

While still keeping her happiness of eating the foods she likes, she still keeps her motto to work out every day and reset her calories. This is Kojima Nagisa-san who positively enjoys body make-over. “Everyone in Sakurazaka46 has a nice style, that’s why I’m quite worried if I’ll lose to them. But you see, for me, eating delicious things is the nutrition for my heart. Rather than thinking ‘I have to hold it in or else I’ll gain weight’, I thought that as long as I move as much as what I ate, then it’d be fine, I stick to that mindset which also matches with my personality. That’s why I’m working on my workout.” 

And her body make-over partner is the exercising videos from YouTube. “Right now my goal is to work on my waist to make it prettier, and also to make my biceps slender. I tried all kinds of workout videos that came up when I searched for the keyword. Since it makes me sweaty, I would do my work out before I enter the bath at night. After that my routine is to use MARKS&WEB’s “Herbal Bath Salt Geranium”, and while warming up in the bath, I diligently massage my thighs that are easy to get flabby, so that it won’t swell. 

“Ever since I passed the Sakurazaka46 audition I have a feeling that if I just went with my days steadily, I would properly see the effects, so first thing first is to have the will to do it!”. And the said Kojima-san, her charm point is her hip line. “Just now, Rika praised it, and I was so happy, so I’ll just choose that as my charm point (laughs). When I was in elementary school, the teacher of my choir club said ‘If you want to enunciate your vocal properly, always imagine like you’re holding a 10,000 yen bill with your butt!’, and that teaching really ingrained in me that perhaps it helped me to have a raised hip.”

The body type that she admires is her own group senior, Kobayashi Yui-san. “Even though she looks delicate, she actually has muscles, and her feminine and supple body line is just really beautiful. I want to do my best so I can be just like Yui-san even just for a little.”


Taniguchi Airi

“My charm point is the beauty mark under my right eye!” said Taniguchi Airi-san clearly when she’s introducing herself. Amidst her cuteness, the beauty mark under her eye gives a grain of her mature appeal that would pull you along, which complements her overall soft, white, and fine-textured skin. “Thank you so much (blushing). But there are also times when my skin feels rough, when that happens I would just simply moisturize my skin thoroughly with a lotion, which would get rid of my skin problems right away. After all what important is the basic things right~”

The secret to a beautiful skin is by soaking and then getting out of the bath every 3 minutes and then repeating it, it is called the “Repeated Bath” detox method. “I would get in the bath to properly get the sweats out while watching an anime for an hour. After bath, I would scrub it with Oh! Baby’s body scrub. With this your skin can be smooth again~ ”.

The reason her motivation for body care is surging by far is because of her genmates. “Everyone has a really high awareness of beauty! Especially in the 3rd generation which has a lot of kids with beautiful legs! Even though we don’t have that much costume that would show our legs, everyone secretly is doing moisturizing self-care! The legs that I’m especially really jealous with is Matono’s legs. Her legs reminded me of Kobayashi Yui-san, whom I respected. It's a slender leg that doesn’t have any excess flesh. Since Matono is a hardcore fan of Kobayashi-san (laughs), maybe if I say that she will be happy. Also if we’re talking about Kobayashi-san… her abs. The other day I got a peek of it accidentally… it was definitely ripped.” said Airi-san while nodding to it seriously.

And that Taniguchi-san, seems like she’s aiming to work on her abs too for this summer…? “Even though I have a small figure, I want to be an attractive person by having big movements. I don’t have that much difference in height with Morita Hikaru-san, but when she moves she becomes overwhelmingly big. To be able to be like that, I have to train my core, which is my abs. For abs… if I have to, then I want to have a ripped one. I will do it one by one. Until this summer ends, I aim to have four segmented defined abs!”


Nakashima Yuzuki

Her charming smile x tall figure x and her silky hair. Nakashima Yuzuki-san who has a beautiful big sister aura to her.  “Well since I am one of the oldest among my genmate, it’d be nice if I can be the neat and clean big sister kind of person to them.”, when she said that, Kojima-san who just passed, jokingly said “But you’re the funny big sister aren’t you?”. “...That’s right (laughs). Maybe since I was raised carefreely in nature, I ended up with an open and simple personality.”

Even though she’s a neat person, she’s actually quite easy going. Nakashima-san has loved to move her body ever since childhood. “I went to a gymnastic focused kindergarten, and when I realized it, I would be rolling around on top of the mat, moreover I also did cheerleading in high school. Lately, thanks to the influence of my mom who likes to do pilates, I’d love to stretch my body. Even when I was relaxing in my room, when I realized it I’d be stretching my body on top of the yoga mat. I would zone out while I bend forward with my legs spread…, basically, I just wanted to stretch! I believe that if I often stretch, then I don’t have to worry about injuring myself that much when I dance.”

Even so, turns out she’s a bit bad with muscle training…? “Even though I’d often do planks with everyone during rehearsals, I’m… really weak… (laughs). But when I managed to do it, I’d even managed to do a beautiful turn when I’m dancing. This time I wanted to challenge pilates. With that, I would train my body. I want to be someone who has a beautiful standing figure with a sharp movement just like Kobayashi Yui-san! ”

While saying that the 3rd generation is still unpolished, she added, “That’s why I want you to watch our progress” with a spark in her eyes. “The 3rd generation members look cool, but they are all fiery. They all look composed as well today, but they are all excited, you see. I’d like to give my everything in photoshoot, concerts, and everything else as well. Even though 3rd generation members may look like this, we are hard workers so… please continue to give us your support!”


Matono Mio

Matono Mio-san, whose charm came out from her slender bodyline from her long arms and legs. “Though I don’t really have any awareness of this, it seems like my arms are especially long, and when I dance, the members and dance teachers would often joke around ‘Since your hair is also long, it seems like it can get tangled with your arm right?’ (laughs).”

She, who has a superbody, is unexpectedly on the journey of properly working on her body building. “Since I love tonkotsu ramen and sushi, when I wake up in the morning the first thing I would think is wondering whether I have the time to get one or not today. Since I know that both of them have a high calorie, so I do not store the fat while I’m sleeping, I established a rule for myself to not eat later than 3 PM.”

She exercises within the range that she’s capable of. “I wanted to make my waist more defined, that’s why when I have some free time at home, I would search for waist shape exercises videos on YouTube and move my body to that as reference. Thanks to the 9 years of me taking swimming class ever since childhood, I think I have basic muscle strength. Also if I can it’d be nice if I can keep the muscles that I have stored up until now.”

The senior she admires is Kobayashi Yui-san. “Not only her body, but her fingertips and the way she carries herself is also so beautiful that it fascinates me. When I confessed to Kobayashi-san that I wanted to be like her even just a bit, she replied with ‘It’s good to start with stretching.’ Since I’m really unbelievably stiff, from that day onwards, whenever I have the time, I would do exercises that’d increase my flexibility. I think that if my body gets more flexible, then the accuracy of my performance would also increase. And to be able to get modeling jobs someday, I wanna do my best to wear cool clothes and aim to have a nice bodyline!”


Mukai Itoha

Mukai Itoha-san, who surprised her seniors when she showed her jump rope tricks on the variety show. “When I was practicing hard to find a sport I’m good at, I became good at jumping rope. Even though at first I was really bad at it, it’s because I was bad at it that it pushes me to practice harder… Though everyone in the 3rd generation is like that, I'm also quite the competitive one.”

The part that she has pride in is how she is a strong walker. “When I was in middle school, I really wanted to be at home as much as possible, so either when I’m going to school or when I walk back home I’d walk with long steps as fast as possible. And when I kept continuing that routine, when I realized it my legs became slim and tight!”

Every night, she has a plank competition together with her sisters. “Together with my big sister and my little sister, we’d line up in front of our mom and ask ‘let’s see who can do plank the longest!’. Lately we’d have Sakurazaka46’s ‘BAN’ as our BGM. When I listen to it, it’d get my body and heart to fire up, and made me wanna scream like ‘Uooo!’”

Furthermore, Mukai-san also has a little bit of joint fetish. She’d also get through (?) her seniors’ joints through skinships. “I like people’s shoulders and knees, but in particular (Yamasaki) Ten-sama’s knee really has a nice position and a nice shape, it’s a really amazing knee! Though I still haven’t got the chance to touch Habu Mizuho-san’s knee, when she’s wearing the encore costume, she looks amazingly good wearing the mini skirt, and I'd be gawking at the straight legs and knees. From now on I’ll inspect my genmates joints and report it in magazines!”

Together with her genmates, they share the awareness towards their body, through sharing about their meals with each other. “We would send each other’s the foods for that day, but I’d often already eat it before we took the pictures, and I’d often be seen with an empty lunch box on the pictures that were sent… but everyone also loves to eat, we would mail each other like saying ‘Hey I just ate ice cream’ or give info about delicious foods (laughs). Thanks to that kind of relationship of ours that supports each other either in body training or lessons, it made me think that I can go further and further!”


Murai Yu

Ever since she gained awareness, she has already started learning modern ballet, this is Murai Yu-san who has already danced ever since she was in elementary upper grades. “When I realized it, I already started dancing. The genres I’m good at are rock and hip hop, the rough movements type of dances. What I’m currently working on to express the lyrics with my body. Like, ‘If I were the main character of the song, what should I do?’ I will dance with that thought in mind. My dance teacher, TAKAHIRO-sensei, teached me that the gaps between each movement will express the personality of the dancer, that’s why it’s important. ”

She’s in charge as the dance leader together with Kojima-san. “Everyone in the 3rd generation has amazing will and concentration! Even during training camp, when the lesson is over, we would be training by ourselves at the lobby. Our goal for now is to catch up with the seniors. Not only that they have amazing synchronization when dancing, I can feel how they can show how the expressions that they show to the camera connect to each other. And even if it’s still a long way to go for the 3rd generation, we all have a really great atmosphere, and I have a feeling that if we do our best, someday we can catch up to our seniors.”

Even though she became a really serious person when being asked about dancing, but turns out…? “People often told me that, but I’m actually an airhead (laughs). So when I’m inflating my bicycle, I keep trying to inflate it by putting my air pumper to the thing in the middle of the tire. Though my friends have said that this story is so crazy that it’s better for me to not say a word about it, I guess I’ve said it now (laughs).”

visual reconstruction

The workout she’s currently doing now is gymnastic training. “Since when I’m dancing it’s no good if I’m unstable when spinning, I would do a minute plank for 20 times. And when I ate too much, I’d do it before eating, so that I can also decrease the feeling of guilt (laughs). I’m jealous of Miu’s style. She has a tall body, and her arms and legs are also long, just like a model. For Shizuki, her abs looked defined the other day, and I thought that was amazing. Even though I also want to have defined abs… but I still have a long way to go… (laughs).”


Murayama Miu

Murayama Miu-san who has a fleeting mature beauty, together with a unique sense, is already aware of beauty ever since elementary school. “Due to the influence of the model I looked up to, Kumada Rinka-san, when I was in 6th grade, I used the body cream that Kumada Rinka-san loves to use. But ever since back then even until now, I can’t get used to buying things online, even now when I can’t find what I’m looking for in the store, I would ask my parents to buy it for me online. ” She has tried a lot of things back then, but now has come full circle and uses the Nivea Cream as her standard. “I can’t be at ease if I don’t stock at least 10 bottles… That’s why I would always buy more every time I saw one at the store.”

With how busy she is right now, the bath time became the time where she will face her body. “Since I have a hunched back, I have a problem with my curled shoulder. During bath time I would bring in my posture correcting products. While I’m at the bathtub, I would stretch my shoulders, and use a facial tool that would beep when the electricity is on to make my face line more defined. This tool is the type that has 6 levels of intensity, since it’s also my favorite tool, I’d always put it in the MAX level so that even when it hurts a bit it just feels good, that’s how much I like to use it (laughs).”

When she turned 18, she became stoic with her awareness towards her body. Could it be that she’s already the leader of the 3rd generation in terms of beauty…?! “Ahaha, can I be like that…? (laughs) The 3rd generation really has a strong personality, since we’re full of people that are ambitious. For example, when we’re learning a new choreography, even if it was so difficult that you’d cry from it, there’s not a single person that would get out of the lesson room. Their feelings of not wanting to lose to themselves is really amazing.”

The distance between the seniors she admires is shortening as well. “Masumoto Kira-san would talk to me even from joking around to doing a deep talk, she turned from someone I’m a fan of, to someone I respect. For Fujiyoshi Karin-san, she’s the type of calm person that can do a normal conversation by just sitting beside her. Also lately I was able to take a peek at Moriya Rena-san’s no make-up skin…! I have never seen skin as smooth as her, that’s why I also have to do my best. ”


Yamashita Shizuki

Yamashita Shizuki-san who devoted herself to the dance club from middle school up until high school. “Since I’m bad at studying, it’s like I went to school for my club activities (laughs).” Even though she has an obvious polished dance skill, she denied it and said “I’m actually bad at it.” “I don’t have the same eye-captivating dance as Kobayashi Yui-san, and even when I have the same height as Morita Hikaru-san, I can’t make use of the space as amazing as her… I can’t get close to my ideal perfect form at all.” The way she is hard with herself, reveals the strength of her core through her eyes. “I often cry, moreover I have my own weak points, but even so I  think I’m still competitive. When I decide on something, I’m the type that will do it 100% until the end.”

Even in body building, her stoicness can also be seen. “Even though I only do this for the 3 days before a tour or before a shooting, I would do 100 sit-ups. The trick to it is to not get up completely for it to take effect. From the start I’m already great at sit-ups, I even got first place for doing sit-ups 34 times in 30 seconds! In terms of my diet… I really like to eat, moreover I only eat one meal a day but in a gulp, it’s the worst kind of pattern (laughs). My favorite food is ramen! My ramen-eating buddy after the live concert is Mio. Like I said before, the 3rd generation is strong. When we’re told to focus on something, we’d properly look at our mistakes and improve it, and we will be the kind of team that would show off our best in performance.”

Yamashita-san who joined Sakurazaka46 because she admired Tamura Hono-san. “After talking to her and being touched by her bright nature, she went from just someone I like to someone I respect. I’m often saved by idols, like during the audition, I watched Nogizaka46's ‘Kaerimichi wa Toomawari wo Shitaku Naru’ with a lot of thoughts. Since I’ve become an idol, I wanted to return the same favor to everyone.”

---

Raw: anon
Translation: rai
QC: tmi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1