Q&A with all Sakurazaka46 members in Weekly Young Jump 10th December 2020 edition (Part 1)

 





Hobbies


Uemura: Watching idols, listening to music.

Ozeki: To go eat delicious food!

Koike: Listening to music.

Kobayashi: Appreciating dramas and movies.

Fuyuka: Observing my pet French bulldog, eating sweet potatoes.

Yuuka: Equestrian, appreciating movies, gourmet food.

Habu: Games.

Aoi: Eating delicious food, YouTube.

Akanen: Traveling, beauty tour.

Rika: Travelling overseas.

Risa: Games, cleaning.




Inoue: I like listening to music and musical instruments.

Hikari: Touring Japanese sweets shops, taking a walk.

Rei: Looking up tasty dishes.

Akiho: Fish, making sweets, fishing.

Marino: Sleeping.

Seki: Listening to music, photography.

Takemoto: Appreciating music.

Hono: Going to bookstores and libraries, reading books and manga.

Karin: N/A.

Kira: Sucking (fallen) hairs with a vacuum cleaner.

Matsuda: Watching anime.

Riko: Studying fashion and make-up.

Hikaru: Reading, listening to music.

Rena: Shopping and searching for my favourite scent.

Ten: Taking pictures of members and the scenery.




Special Skill


Uemura: N/A

Ozeki: Early to bed! Early to rise!

Koike: Drawing.

Kobayashi: Double unders with a jump rope.

Fuyuka: Awa odori.

Yuuka: Dressage, typing.

Habu: To draw out the good qualities in people.

Aoi: Mental arithmetic, 百ます計算 Hundred-square calculations (method of learning through repetition).

Akanen: Sports in general, memorizing stage markings quickly.

Rika: Making plans for travel.

Risa: Finding places with delicious food.




Inoue: Relative pitch.

Hikari: Dance.

Rei: Turning anything into something positive.

Akiho: Side-to-side jumping.

Marino: Hula hoop.

Seki: Alto sax.

Takemoto: Tongue twisters.

Hono: Volleyball.

Karin: N/A.

Kira: Rubik’s cube.

Matsuda: Guessing prefectures from their shape.

Riko: Drum, coordinating clothes.

Hikaru: Drawing.

Rena: Baton twirling and guessing people’s belongings from the scent.

Ten: Kendama, treasure hunting, hide and seek.




Q1 What kind of group do you want Sakurazaka46 to be in the future?


Uemura: A group where we can shed happy tears together.

Ozeki: A group where each person possesses their own individuality, and challenges (things) with all we’ve got.

Koike: I want us to be a group that will first and foremost be thorough in accomplishing things in front of us, and be loved by many people.

Kobayashi: To become a group that represents Japan, to the point that people would say, “Sakurazaka46 comes to mind when speaking of ‘sakura’”.

Fuyuka: To become a group that shines brightly, where each member can be proud of the group.

Yuuka: A group where the individuality of each 26 members shines, and continues to be loved by many people for a long time like cherry blossoms.

Habu: I think that cherry blossoms are prettier in full bloom, so I want us to be a big and strong group where each person blooms.

Aoi: I want us to be a group that is loved by many people.

Akanen: I want us (to be a group) that people think of when talking about idols.

Rika: A group that can be loved by many people!

Risa: A group where each person can shine and become stronger.




Inoue: I want us to be a group that is loved by people around the world.

Hikari: I want us to be a group that can try doing all sorts of things and be dyed in many colors.

Rei: I want us to be a group that represents Japan, that can deliver love. My dream is to hold a Tokyo Dome performance and an overseas performance.

Akiho: I want us to be a group that can be someone’s savior of love.

Marino: A group where each person shines, and can think “I’m glad I’m a member of Sakurazaka46”.

Seki: I want us to be a group that can convey a lot of gratitude.

Takemoto: To establish a unique presence that makes us and people of the world think that it is “Sakurazaka-like”.

Hono: To be the number one group in Japan. I want to spread (our) songs across the world!!

Karin: I want us to be a unique group.

Kira: A reliable group. I want us all to do “Hana Ichi Monme (A traditional Japanese game)” together.

Matsuda: I want us to be a group that is known by everyone. I also want us to sing a theme song for a drama or an anime.

Riko: I want us to be a group where everyone can have fun and have aspirations while smiling.

Hikaru: I want us to be a group loved by people around the world.

Rena: Even as Sakurazaka46, I want for us to be a group that is loved by many people, that can gently get close to them and remain in their hearts.

Ten: To make Sakurazaka46 known around the world.




Q2 Please tell us about the song(s) you are participating in


Uemura: I like the bright atmosphere and positive lyrics of “Buddies”.

Ozeki: “Nobody’s fault” has become a positive song that carries a new feeling where we take the step forward, while also retaining our likeness until now.

Koike: “Nobody’s fault” is a song that carries words directed towards us, as well as determination and resolve.

Kobayashi: “Buddies” is bright and radiant, and listening to it makes me feel cheerful.

Fuyuka: When I saw the sky when filming “Buddies” MV, I felt how my life as Sakurazaka46 will be starting from now on.

Yuuka: I really like “Blue Moon Kiss”s beautiful sound that has a cool and dynamic feeling.

Habu: I think that the more you listen to “Nobody’s fault”, the more you will come to like it.

Aoi: My favourite scene from “Naze Koi Wo Shitekonakattandarou?” is the chorus scene where we are dancing on the spiral staircase with cherry blossom petals falling from above.

Akanen: I really like the tune of “Blue Moon Kiss”, it’s a kind of song that we haven’t had before.

Rika: It was really beautiful how we shot the “Naze Koi Wo Shitekonakattandarou?” MV on a spiral staircase with a lot of cherry blossoms (petals)!

Risa: “Saishu no Chikatetsu ni Notte” has an upbeat melody, and I think that we’ve all perhaps thought about and felt things that are like what is written in the lyrics.




Inoue: In “Naze Koi Wo Shitekonakattandarou?” MV, I like how impactful our whole dance on the spiral staircase is while lots of cherry blossoms (petals) are falling.

Hikari: I think that in “Buddies”s MV, it’s very easy to understand the theme of Sakurazaka46 which is “the individual personality of each person”.

Rei: I identify with “Nobody’s fault” lyrics very much and like it.

Akiho: In the current state of the world, there are many people who cannot meet the people they care about. During these helpless days, I want to convey the feelings in “Buddies” that is “you are not alone, let us live toward the future together”.

Marino: I really like the part of the dance that beautifully shows the spreading of the skirts in “Naze Koi Wo Shitekonakattandarou?”s MV.

Seki: It was really beautiful how the cherry blossom petals were falling from above in “Naze Koi Wo Shitekonakattandarou?”s MV.

Takemoto: I like the tune of “Saishu no Chikatetsu ni Notte” for sure, but the last part of the lyrics really got to me.

Hono: I like both the melody and lyrics of “Saishu no Chikatetsu ni Notte”!

Karin: I like the first scene of the “Naze Koi Wo Shitekonakattandarou?” MV where I’m praying.

Kira: “Plastic Regret”. I like it because it’s a song about acting strong, and there are phrases that make it easy to imagine the emotions.

Matsuda: I like “Nobody’s fault”s lyrics.

Riko: I like “Hanshin Hangi”s lyrics and low-tune, so please do give it a listen.

Hikaru: I think that there are various ways to enjoy “Nobody’s fault”, depending on how you receive it.

Rena: I think that the positive lyrics “There is nothing to fear!” in “Buddies” gives you courage.

Ten: I want people to feel the importance of living in “Buddies”.



---

Translation: toomuchidea
QC: Cirrus
Raw: Karl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1