Q&A with all Sakurazaka46 members in Weekly Young Jump 10th December 2020 edition (Part 2)




Q3 Please tell us about your personality and character


Uemura: I’m someone who (over)thinks about various things.

Ozeki: I love people! I’m not really a shy person, so I enjoy all kinds of activities!

Koike: I often spill food and drinks. When we were filming the MV I acted childish, and when I played with the rocks, I dirtied the hem of the skirt with mud, and got scolded by the costume staff.

Kobayashi: I have a calm personality. When I see home videos of my childhood, my older sister pretty much did all the talking, I think I was a child who didn’t talk at all.

Fuyuka: I’ve liked making my friends smile since a long time ago!

Yuuka: (One of the) eldest in the group who loves horses! I want to be called “Bariki nee-san (Bari-nee)” by my juniors.

Habu: I think that I like to talk about positive and fun things.

Aoi: I wonder if my character might be the youngest sister who is bright and chatty.

Akanen: I’m a straightforward person who is almost too honest.

Rika: ‘My pace’ (doing things at my own pace).

Risa: Recently, I’m acting older sister-like while spoiling 2nd generation’s Ten-chan (laughs).




Inoue: I think that I’m cheerful and bright.

Hikari: I’m shy and withdrawn, and not good at expressing my feelings. I wasn’t able to say “I want you to take a picture with you” to my senior, Habu Mizuho-san.

Rei: My personality is surprisingly bright, and able to change anything into a positive one.

Akiho: My personality is a combination of rabbit and coriander.

Marino: I think that I have a sharp tongue. Many of the new 2nd gens are strange or carefree, so I’m pretty much always making retorts to someone else in the dressing room.

Seki: When we become friends, we will have a close relationship.

Takemoto: “Free-spirited”... Since I was a child, I did anything that I wanted to do, and grew up surrounded by nature, so I think that I’m a free-spirited person.

Hono: I’m very forgetful, I'm always quick to forget where I placed something, and in general I’m not good at remembering things.

Karin: I don’t know what my personality is.

Kira: Kousaka often tells me that “You are like a 3rd year high school student”, so I wonder if my personality is like one.

Matsuda: I can be in high spirits no matter how early I woke up.

Riko: I like to talk about beauty, clothes, and make-up.

Hikaru: My-pace. I am often told so by the people around me, and I myself am aware of it too.

Rena: My personality is, in any case, my pace. I’m slow at doing things.

Ten: I’m actually the eldest sibling, but in Sakurazaka46 I become the little sister (laughs). Everyone spoils me.




Q4 What do you want to overcome, and do your best at right now?


Uemura: To be cheerful.

Ozeki: To improve my posture, and overcome my dislike of birds.

Koike: What I want to overcome the most is my past self.

Kobayashi: I always set goals and strive to surpass my past self.

Fuyuka: Taking care of my dog.

Yuuka: To be able to think positively!

Habu: I think the most important thing to keep in mind as the group keeps on aiming higher, is that I am always going uphill myself, so I’m doing my best to be a person who can grow without feeling down when experiencing failure.

Aoi: Studying world heritage, not oversleeping.

Akanen: My daily activities in this COVID pandemic.

Rika: I’d like to improve my performance skill!

Risa: To be more insensitive in a good way. I want to be able to live a more enjoyable and fulfilling life, calmly, without being too worried about the smaller things.




Inoue: I like musical instruments, so I’m doing my best in (playing) guitar. I want to try playing various other musical instruments.

Hikari: To overcome my shyness!

Rei: To be able to use 24 hours (of a day) well.

Akiho: First is dance. Second is to be able to overcome walls that are out of my reach.

Marino: To be able to think faster.

Seki: To read books, and learn the thoughts of many different people.

Takemoto: I want to be able to genuinely enjoy anything that I do.

Hono: I want to improve my singing and dancing, and to increase my repertoire of expressions.

Karin: I want to overcome my hesitancy.

Kira: To strive to take on challenges without saying “I can’t do this” even if I think it’s difficult.

Matsuda: My unconfident self. I recently started playing guitar again.

Riko: (Overcoming) myself. The ability to present and promote myself to others.

Hikaru: To know and learn many different words. I also want to improve my skills such as singing and dancing.

Rena: To break out of my shell.

Ten: There are a lot of things I want to try doing, so I want to come up against all sorts of walls. Right now, I’m mastering photography. It became a piece of cake to take pictures of the members’ sleeping faces.




Q5 What is a dream that you definitely want to make come true?


Uemura: That everyone will be happy.

Ozeki: To be able to speak in Chinese!

Koike: To have many people know about Sakurazaka46. To have everyone shine brightly. To become a person that can lead and protect the group.

Kobayashi: To become someone who can make someone else smile, and a big presence that can make an impact on someone else’s life.

Fuyuka: While I am in Sakurazaka46, I’d like to experience stage play or acting.

Yuuka: I’d like us to hold a dome tour! It’s a dream we couldn’t make come true in Keyakizaka.

Habu: I want to grow my self-promotion skills, and I want to be someone who can win something with my own abilities.

Aoi: To travel to Europe and visit Disney (parks) around the world.

Akanen: To produce cosmetics.

Rika: To deliver Sakurazaka songs to people all over the world!

Risa: To stand in the Tokyo Dome once again as Sakurazaka46.




Inoue: I want to be someone who is confident, and can make many people smile.

Hikari: To have confidence. And to become someone who is necessary for the group.

Rei: To improve and make myself a better person, and be someone who shines.

Akiho: I like to make people laugh, so I want to play an active role in variety shows.

Marino: To give back to my parents and relatives.

Seki: For Sakurazaka46 to be known by many people, and for others to feel glad that I am in the group.

Takemoto: I want to do something that only I can do. And to be someone who can give back to the group.

Hono: For Sakurazaka46 to be a big group that is known and loved by lots of people.

Karin: I want to create a worldview that I want to explore.

Kira: I want to be thought of as (someone) necessary.

Matsuda: I want us to be a group that represents Japan and is loved by many people.

Riko: To be featured in a magazine of my dreams.

Hikaru: To hold an overseas performance.

Rena: I’d like to sing solo amidst the fully blooming cherry blossoms one day.

Ten: For Sakurazaka46 to go international.



---

Translation: toomuchidea
QC: Cirrus
Raw: Karl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sugai Yuuka and the members' message to each other [Sugai Yuuka's Graduation Memorial Book] Part 1 / 2

Kobayashi Yui interview in Tokyo Calendar March 2024 edition

Habu Mizuho and the members' message to each other ["Destination" photobook] Pt 1